Update: Pokemon X and Y Starters' Final Evolutions Revealed

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Update: Pokemon X and Y Starters' Final Evolutions Revealed

Nintendo has also announced that 1.26 million Pokefans have pre-ordered the latest Pokemon game in Japan.

Pokemon X and Y is not officially released until October 12, but that doesn't stop the less scrupulous "mom and pop" stores from releasing the game as soon as they get stock of it. As such, a couple of lucky gamers have already gotten their hands on the game, and have been blasting through the main story posting spoilers left and right. Because of them, we now finally know what each of the three starter Pokemon's final evolved form will look like, as well as what type they will be.

Froakie, the water starter, will evolve into Greninja, a Water/Dark type, Fennekin, the fire starter, will evolve into Delphox, a Fire/Psychic type, and Chespin, the grass starter, will evolve into Chesnaught, a Grass/Fighting type. Check out an image of the evolution tree below:

Furthermore, it turns out there are quite a lot of us still waiting paitently for the game's official relate date, especially in Japan, where Nintendo has revealed it has broken a pre-order record for the 3DS. Over 1.26 million fans have put money down on the game, nudging out Monster Hunter 4 and making it the most pre-ordered 3DS game of all time.

The last bit of official news we heard from Game Freak was that Charizard will have two mega-evolutions. Some gamers with early copies of the game are reporting that Blastoise and Venasaur will also have two separate mega-evolutions depending on which version of the game you are playing.

Source: Reddit, Famitsu (Japanese)

Update: Many of you are claiming that these pictures are fake, but fortunately (or unfortunately) Neogaf forum users are confirming the reports, and have provided some additional screenshots.

Source: Neogaf

Update #2: Just in case you were still doubting the legitimacy of these images, Nintendo has now made them official on the Pokemon X and Y website. Here's the official art:

Source: Nintendo

Twice in the same day you're on top of the new Pokemon news Escapist? Should I be worried?

Also, Fennekin, I am disappoint.

Yikes, none of em look flattering in any way...

Was expecting something a little better to be honest, I was thinking of getting Chespin, after seeing his final evolution...its okay, little disappointed.

Huh, I never gave Froakie a look when they first announced the starters, and now I'm leaning towards him. Who woulda guessed?

Based purely on looks, and purely upon the least unappealing I'd pick Froakie.

It is a poor replacement for Squirtle thats for sure...

I'm still pissed off that three countries had to fucking ruin it for the rest of us. I really wanted the reveal to happen either a couple days before, or on release date.

Seriously.

Chesnaught totally does not fit the theme of Chespin and Quilladin. But you know what? It's so bad-ass, I'm willing to forgive it. CHESPIN FOR BEST STARTER CONFIRMED.

Greninja looks neat. I like his little scarf-y thing he's got going.

And as for Delphox, well... I hate it. It's missing the "awesome" factor that many final evolutions have. I guess what I mean to say is that it's not as menacing as a final form should be, especially for a starter.

On that note...I think I may get Chespin now....Fennekin had the potential to be so cool, and now it's just a anthropomorphic mage.

Ah well. At least now my team will balance out, with the whole Charmander thing.

It's an awkward teenage phase, they said.
Chespin will grow out of it, they said.

I'm still waiting to see what he looks like from the rear, but as it stands now, I may just have to give in an take the frog, as much as it pains me to do so.

Welp.

Looks like I'm going with Water for the second generation in a row. Seriously, what's with turning them into such raging badasses? Blastoise, the Howitzer that walks like a man, the samurai, the giant crocodile, and now a ninja? If only Swampert and the penguin weren't such disgraces in comparison...

Dragonbums:
On that note...I think I may get Chespin now....Fennekin had the potential to be so cool, and now it's just a anthropomorphic mage.

Same for me, I was about to start my reign of choosing Fire-Types again. Seriously, I'm really disappointed now because I love Fennekin's first two forms. T^T
Welp, looks like it's either a Chespin or Froakie for me. Not a huge fan of Chesnaught, but oh well I can look past it.

neonsword13-ops:
Chesnaught totally does not fit the theme of Chespin and Quilladin. But you know what? It's so bad-ass, I'm willing to forgive it. CHESPIN FOR BEST STARTER CONFIRMED.

And as for Delphox, well... I hate it. It's missing the "awesome" factor that many final evolutions have. I guess what I mean to say is that it's not as menacing as a final form should be, especially for a starter.

menacing? I know its a matter of opinion, but blastiose was hardly menacing, neither was meganium, or really serperior (especially after it was pure grass). There's been quite a few non menacing final evolutions.

More OT: I picked Fennekin from the start and I'll be sticking with it for sure, though Froakie is pretty cool looking, glad he's my second pick.

... actually, no really intentionally but im going ot have to disagree with the opinion above, I think chespin has the worst final evolution in appearance. it looks too busy, too uninspired. like what you get if you threw a linoone, a samurott, and a shelgon/whirlepede together. its kinda depressing the potential they missed by instead going for an offensive threat this time, instead of another bulky looking defensive grass type. at least fennekin you knew was going to wind up looking something like its final when you saw the second evolution.

I really think froakies third evo is fake, i dont know something about it, I rather wait til some solid gameplay of it or nintendo anounces its legit

It feels like Fennekin and Chespin's finals are missing something, could they maybe have Mega Evolutions too?

Neronium:

Dragonbums:

Same for me, I was about to start my reign of choosing Fire-Types again. Seriously, I'm really disappointed now because I love Fennekin's first two forms. T^T
Welp, looks like it's either a Chespin or Froakie for me. Not a huge fan of Chesnaught, but oh well I can look past it.

Yeah...I'm still torn though. On the one hand, having a psychic type would be really, really helpful.

Perhaps the design will grow on me. But now depending on mood I may choose Chespin over Fennekin.

I don't know about that, didn't they already announced that this gen wouldn't recieve mega evo only the older gens?.

TizzytheTormentor:
Yikes, none of em look flattering in any way...

Was expecting something a little better to be honest, I was thinking of getting Chespin, after seeing his final evolution...its okay, little disappointed.

Yes, this pretty much exactly what I thought.
They are all pretty ugly. Aw well, what a shame, looks aren't everything right?

I don't care for the water OR leaf starters in X and Y at all. They just don't appeal to me at all. I always start with Water when I play a new pokemon game; Squirtle (my first pokemon ever), Totadile, never played sapphire, Piplup AND Oshawatt. Wish you could start with the classic starters, even though I know you can get them in the games...

The big thing is that who would have guessed I would care about pokemon at my age...

Wow, call me shallow, but they look hideous. I was favoring Froakie, but I hate offensive Dark types (I thought you were water/fighting man!). Oh well, I guess I'm Boxing my starter.

I'm going for Delphox.

But I'm getting a girl, I need moar bitches on my teams.

All I ever see about this game is people complaining and yet, I note it still sells billions of copies every time.

. . .

People are weird.

No investment in Pokemon whatsoever. Haven't played it since Red version on the original game boy. But I see all these complaints about people not liking the final evolution and deciding not to use a starter because of it. You guys do realize you can STOP the evolution right? If I remember right, that actually means they learn techniques sooner, unless that's changed since the original game.

RJ Dalton:
All I ever see about this game is people complaining and yet, I note it still sells billions of copies every time.

. . .

People are weird.

No investment in Pokemon whatsoever. Haven't played it since Red version on the original game boy. But I see all these complaints about people not liking the final evolution and deciding not to use a starter because of it. You guys do realize you can STOP the evolution right? If I remember right, that actually means they learn techniques sooner, unless that's changed since the original game.

in the more recent games doing that usually meant you lost something in return. when the fire/fighting types evolved it meant you couldnt get your fighting type and hte move with it. Though for some thats good, and others bad. Torchic gets flamethrower if you dont level it till the forties, but then you miss out on double kick (14? and on evolution) and blaze kick (36 and on evolution). I dont think that was as prevelant in the original games.

I was really going to pick Fenneking, but damn, that final evolution is... not good. I mean, why would evolve cute looking foxy into some sort of anthropomorphic wizard furry. Greninja looks awesome though. And hey, you still have original starters!

why is it there is a trend to make pokemon look somewhat humanoid as they evolve more and more as we move through the generations? I haven't really played pokemon for a few generations so maybe I am just not seeing the whole picture, but humanoid pokemon sorta just look unoriginal now.

Frogadier? Greninja? Wait... is that a water-type... grenadier-pokemon?!
Also, Frogadier reminds me of the description of the Deep Ones from H. P. Lovecraft. You know, the Dagon-worshipping frog-/fish-people.

I guess Chesnaught looks kind of cool. Armored, spiked. Like it. I'm surprised it's Grass/Fighting, not Grass/Steel.

Delphox just weirds me out with its enormous ear-hair.

I'll wait for a Pokemon Z (or whatever the combined version will be called) before I buy into the next generation. Assuming there will be a combined version. To my knowledge, there was no Grey or Grey 2...

what... of the starters effin Froakie is the one who ends with the coolest evolution? :S I'm really dissapointed with Fennekin :( but I guess I can always press "B" or use an everstone... I've always picked the fire starters in Pokémon

I'm a little sad that Delphox looks so drab. Compared to its pre-evos, I don't like it. Greninja loses elements I liked but is still pretty cool and I'm gonna stick with it. Chesnaught, on the other hand, is a total badass and if I ever picked grass type, I would pick him! Plus, grass/fighting is pretty nice defensively and offensively, as proven by Breloom, even with a x4 flying weakness.

I kinda like all of them and although I feel they had a bit more potential in showing the progression to the final stage than the second actually did, the end product is quite dope on most accounts. (Delphox is a little meh to me but I wasn't planning on getting him anyway.) Now the problem is just that I've already seen so many guys I'd like to be on my team slightly more than Greninja. Pokemon X and Y may just be the generation that I don't use a starter all the way through on the first run.

Don't know yet.
*sob* It's the bubbles I miss. *sob*

CJ1145:
penguin~disgrace

He has a trident for a face, swords for arms and a butlers outfit.
Just think about it for a minute, come back and tell me he ain't suave as fuck.
Back me up here @Terminate421

so... if I trade one of the those double-mega-evolution starters from X to Y, do I get the original megaevolution or the one matched to the game?

I don't know about that, didn't they already announced that this gen wouldn't recieve mega evo only the older gens?.

MrBrightside919:
I don't care for the water OR leaf starters in X and Y at all. They just don't appeal to me at all. I always start with Water when I play a new pokemon game; Squirtle (my first pokemon ever), Totadile, never played sapphire, Piplup AND Oshawatt. Wish you could start with the classic starters, even though I know you can get them in the games...

The big thing is that who would have guessed I would care about pokemon at my age...

My understanding of how I have read it is that you do get to start with one of the originals. So you will start with 2 pokemon (one of the originals and one of these new ones)

I'm planning on getting X or Y and a 3DS just for my holiday next year that features a long flight! haha. I dont really like the evolution of any of them though if I'm honest so strongly considering not letting them evolve...will probably pick the fire type - though that leads to the issue that I shouldn't also pick Charmander....Dilemma

I don't play Pokemon, but I think Froakie is my favorite out of these 3.

MrBrightside919:
Wish you could start with the classic starters, even though I know you can get them in the games...

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere that in X & Y you start off with 2 starters of your choice, one of the classic starters and one of the 6th gen ones (X & Y are 6th gen right? Or did I miss a gen somewhere?)

I have to say Chesnaught looks badass! Wasn't a huge fan of him until now but I'm going to jump ship from Team Fenniken I think. Little disappointed with Delphox after how its pre-evolutions looked but it's not that bad. Greninja looks pretty cool too.

neonsword13-ops:

that's no scarf, its his tongue. Also chespins final evolution makes sense, he is a knight i.e. heavily armoured fighter and dreadnought's are normally heavily armoured war machines, while chesnuts are a plant which is quite hard hence chesnaught. so he goes form squire-paladin-heavily armoured war machine.

well know I just need to find out what cluancher evolves into (if he does evolve) so I can decide whether to use him or froakie on my team(if clauncher is cooler this will make 2 gen's in a row with out a starter on my team)

Bleh. I would have preferred the dual elemental types to have opposite weakness rotations(ie water/psychic, fire/dark). But then I guess that would put all the starters on an even playing field and wouldn't create that lovely little merry-go-round they are so fond of.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 69852)