Pre-order Deals Bonanza: AC4: Black Flag, COD: Ghosts

Pre-order Deals Bonanza: AC4: Black Flag, COD: Ghosts

Winter is coming, and the AAA games are aplenty.

Despite mixed public reviews of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed III, there's strong hype building for the open-world pirate-themed Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Deals for console gamers are non-existent, but for the PC gaming master race, there are some solid preorder bargains to be had. If you're in North America, the PC download of Black Flag is 20% off at GameFly after coupon, dropping the price from $59.99 to $47.99 - a $12 savings. For those in the UK and elsewhere in Europe, the best deal is at Green Man Gaming, where a 25% off coupon marks the price down from 39.99 to 30 or 49.99€ to 37.50€.

Rather than offering discounts as a preorder incentive, Ubisoft is offering each of the console versions with a different DLC bonus at the major retailers: Amazon, GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy, and Target. All of these DLCs and more are bundled into a "Gold Edition" for the PC which sells for $63.99 after coupon at GameFly (normally $79.99).

Update: AC4: Black Flag Gold Edition also comes with the Season Pass ($20 value). So for $63.99 you're basically getting everything under the sun.

Although the starting price is slightly out of whack, the discounts actually make the pricing fair for each country. In fact, the UK to US price ratio after discounts ($47.99 and 30) is almost exactly in line with a 0.62 pound to 1 US dollar exchange rate (wait, am I reading a currency blog now?). Even the Euro to US dollar is close -- the exchange rate's at 0.74 while the price difference is 0.78. No one's really getting screwed here, and I think that's a win whenever we're talking about video game pricing by region.

However, there may be some better bargains in the US on Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts - certainly for mainstream console gamers. California-based NewEgg has a two-day sale on the Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, and Xbox One copies of 2013's highly anticipated FPS's. All carry an $11 off coupon code, dropping the price from $59.99 to $48.99, plus there's free shipping.

As far PC download deals are concerned, Call of Duty: Ghosts has a 20% off coupon code at GameFly dropping the price from $59.99 to $47.99. If you're in the UK or other parts of Europe, Green Man Gaming's 25% off coupon drops the price from 39.99 to 30 or from 59.99€ to 45€. PC deals for Battlefield 4 are harder to come by, but in North America, GMG has an $10 credit or $8 cash back bonus offer. But unlike COD: Ghosts, there's no coupon discount across the pond.

Hot Deals of the Week

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PC Download) - $47.99 at GameFly.

Releases November 19. List is $60. For those in the UK and EU, use coupon GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ and drop the price from 39.99 to 30 or 49.99€ to 37.50€.

Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4) - $48.99 at NewEgg.

Releases October 29. List is $60. Deal expires October 9.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4) - $48.99 at NewEgg.

Releases November 5. In the UK and EU, use coupon GMG25-J2566-L2GHZ and drop the price from 39.99 to 30 or 49.99€ to 37.50€. In the US use coupon GFDOCT20 to get 20% off, making the price $47.99.

Today's Releases

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360, PS3, PC) - $35.99 at GameStop.

List is $40. Deal expires today.

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition - $45 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $60. Deal expires October 11. $53.99 for 360 and PS3 console versions.

Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition (PS3) - $53.99 at GameStop.

List is $60. Deal expires today.

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3) - $44.99 at GameStop.

List is $50. Deal expires today.

Capcom Essentials (Xbox 360, PS3) - $53.99 at GameStop.

List is $60. Deal expires today.

Upcoming Releases

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale DRM) - $16.87 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases October 11. List is $25. Deal expires October 11.

Pokemon X and & (Nintendo 3DS) - $34.99 at NewEgg.

Releases October 12. List is $40. Deal expires October 9.

Batman Arkham Origins (PC Download Steam) - $37.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases October 25. List is $50. Deal expires October 11.

Football Manager 2014 (PC Download Steam) - $37.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases October 31. List is $50. Deal expires October 11.

XCOM: Enemy Within (Steam DLC) - $21.59 at GameFly.

Releases November 13. List is $30.

Deadfall Adventures: Digital Deluxe Edition (Steam) - $30 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases November 15. List is $50. Deal expires October 11.

Thief (Steam) - $33.75 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases February 25. List is $50. Deal expires October 11. Master Edition is only about $2 more.

Recent Releases

Foul Play (Steam) - $5.99 at GameFly.

Released September 19. List is $15.

Alien Rage Unlimited (Steam) - $15 at Green Man Gaming.

Released September 24. List is $20. Deal expires October 11.

Shadow Warrior (Steam) - $23.99 at GameFly.

Released September 27. List is $40.

Rise of Venice (Steam) - $30 at Green Man Gaming.

Released September 27. List is $40. Deal expires October 11.

War of the Vikings (Steam - Early Access) - $15 at Green Man Gaming.

Released October 1. List is $20. Deal expires October 11. The Blood Eagle Edition is $22.50 after coupon (normally $30) and there's even a full on "Valhalla Edition" for $112.50 after coupon (normally $150).

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (Nintendo 3DS) - $35.99 at GameStop.

Released October 1. List is $40. Deal expires today.

Rune Factory 4 (Nintendo 3DS) - $35.99 at GameStop.

Released October 1. List is $40. Deal expires today.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

I can't help but feel that with the intro line 'Winter is coming' there should have been a Game of Thrones game announcement or something. :)

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag Skull Edition is 50 at Amazon (UK) same price as the standard edition at Game...

Thought you ought to know!

I am with Jim Sterling on this one. No more pre-orders or season passes. Boo! down with this sort of thing.

I still can't understand how people can be willing to pay for a product in advance, without knowing whether it is any good. I've never done this and I'll certainly not start now.

Whispering Cynic:
I still can't understand how people can be willing to pay for a product in advance, without knowing whether it is any good. I've never done this and I'll certainly not start now.

Because they want it? Look I'll be the first to say that I wasn't the biggest fan of Assassin's Creed 3, however I love all of the others and from what I've seen of this one, it looks like I'll be playing pirate for awhile.
I also preorder games so their delivered to my door (being disabled this stops me from having to arrange transport)

mistwolf:
I can't help but feel that with the intro line 'Winter is coming' there should have been a Game of Thrones game announcement or something. :)

Wait have you played any of the current Game of Thrones games yet? They're uh, kinda terrible.

My way of deciding what's going to do about new releases.
An excellent game that i must buy on opening day.
A game that i wouldnt mind playing but am prepared to wait a while for a price drop.
what I found about pc game bargains:
Batman: Arkham Origins (Steam) $17.59
Battlefield 4 Standard+China Rising CDKEY (Origin) $49.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (STEAM) $49.99
FIFA Manager 2014 CD Key (Origin) $36.99
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Steam) $35.99
WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship (Steam) $29.99
NBA 2K14 CD Key (STEAM) $21.99
------------
Site: GameKeysBuy

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below: