Massive Pokemon X and Y Map Reveals Where To Catch Them All

Massive Pokemon X and Y Map Reveals Where To Catch Them All

The detailed map shows how to get every available Pokemon in the game.

Do you want to be the very best, like no-one ever was? Well, if you are on the insane quest to "catch them all," or you are just looking for that one specific Pokemon, Reddit user Bobdor has put together a massive map detailing the location of every single obtainable Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y. The map is crazy detailed, showing exactly how every Pokemon appears, be it from a standard tall-grass encounter, fishing, surfing, smashing a rock, an interaction with an NPC, or a "special catch". Check it out in all it's glory below (click for a larger version):

This should help out you guys on your Pokemon journey. Bobdor also offers the following PSA for anyone reading his map:

"If a Pokemon has the 'horde' symbol next to it, it doesn't mean that it ONLY comes in hordes. It just means that it DOES come in hordes.
Also if a Pokemon has any 'fishing' symbol next to it. I just put the easiest method for capture instead of listing all. For example if you can catch something with a good and super rod, I just put good because you don't NEED the super rod."

Additionally, you can download a PDF version of the map here. Happy hunting!

Source: Reddit

I wish this existed about 15 days ago. All the same, awesome, thanks for sharing.

Keewl.

Started a second run through the game and decided to actually "catch them all" as the almighty professors intended.

I'm only on route 3, and I'm already missing some creatures, but I will be using this as reference throughout my journey.

I haven't completed a Pokedex since Diamond, but I think this game is good enough for me to invest my time into and complete 100%. I may even do some competitive battling. Once I learn how IVs and EVs work. :I

Well, right now I am playing Ace Attorney, but I will make use of this in the near future.

Cool, when I eventually get it, I may make use of it. I'll probably play blindly, but I like all the reference-material put out by the Pokemon-community. Bulbapedia et al..

I'm already seeing some minor errors (yes, I'm going to be that guy):
Caterpie and Weedle are not version exclusive
Dugtrio appears in Rte 13, not Diglett
None of the Pokemon listed for Route 10 are "special encounters", and none of the pokemon in Glittering Cave are "normal" encounters. (I assume this was a simple graphical error)

Otherwise, pretty sweet! Great work, Bobdor!

I never played any of these games but damn it looks like there is a crap load of them.

2xDouble:
I'm already seeing some minor errors (yes, I'm going to be that guy):
Caterpie and Weedle are not version exclusive
Dugtrio appears in Rte 13, not Diglett
None of the Pokemon listed for Route 10 are "special encounters", and none of the pokemon in Glittering Cave are "normal" encounters. (I assume this was a simple graphical error)

Otherwise, pretty sweet! Great work, Bobdor!

Caterpie and Weedle ARE version exclusive on Route 2 specifically. If you notice where they're listed in Santalune forest, they don't have the version exclusive symbol there.
You are very right about the Diglett/Dugtrio thing though, I was about to point that out myself.

Wow, only just heard about horde battles from this post. I guess they have finally gone back to just blatantly stealing ideas from SMT again with crappier variants. No wonder a lot of people are liking this new game if its gone back to the classics.

I'm not seeing Vulpix or Ninetails anywhere on that list.

Am I blind or is this an error? I want to know if they're in either game or if they're only trade dependant.

Proverbial Jon:

Am I blind or is this an error? I want to know if they're in either game or if they're only trade dependant.

They're in game but at the Friend Safari area, not catchable on a route.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml

Read up on the details of that at that link.

Ninetails is a possible fire type slot 3 (So out of someone who has beaten the elite four's zone) and then you breed it for a Vulpix.

OT: Oooh this map is handy, I've been catching all the pokemon I find before moving onto the next route and keeping track in a notepad file so I can use this map to compare and go back and get the ones I missed now I've beaten the Elite Four.

If I'd be playing Pokémon X/Y, this would most definitely come in handy.

Proverbial Jon:

A quick search in Google tells me that Vulpix can only be gotten by Safari Trading and it seems it's not listed on this map.

Gizen:

Caterpie and Weedle ARE version exclusive on Route 2 specifically.

Are they? I could've sworn I caught both of them before entering the forest. Is it possible they're just less common per version?

2xDouble:

Gizen:

Caterpie and Weedle ARE version exclusive on Route 2 specifically.

Are they? I could've sworn I caught both of them before entering the forest. Is it possible they're just less common per version?

I have the guide book open infront of me. So I'll give the official listings.

On Route 2:
Caterpie is a rare encounter and exclusive to Pokemon Y.
Weedle is a rare encounter and exclusive to Pokemon X.

In Santalune Forrest:
Caterpie is considered a rare encounter in Pokemon X and a common encounter in Pokemon Y.
Weedle is considered a common encounter in Pokemon X and a rare encounter in Pokemon Y.
Kakuna is an "almost never" encounter and exclusive to pokemon X.
Metapod is an "almost never" encounter and exclusive to Pokemon Y.

Wow. This is pretty amazing. Seems like Gamefreak's taken quite a few measures to make completing the Pokedex a bit easier. Might actually try to do it this time, myself.

You know, I'd like to see a feature in Wondertrade that only gives you random Pokemon you don't already have. That'd be pretty sweet :3

I'm getting Y tomorrow, so thanks for this.

I can strongly recommend http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kalos/. Has a great guide on catching all the pokemon and even goes to the lengths of saying which Pokemon isn't in the game at all.

I expect it will still be awhile before someone has completed the Pokemon x/y Pokedex.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:
Wow, only just heard about horde battles from this post. I guess they have finally gone back to just blatantly stealing ideas from SMT again with crappier variants. No wonder a lot of people are liking this new game if its gone back to the classics.

Except horde battles in SMT just gives you a big target to hit. In Pokemon x and y horde battles give you a chance to find rare Pokemon with exclusive abilities.

And I guess you've never heard of Demikids then.

there's really no reason to not catch them anyway, besides budgetary concerns, which aren't really a factor as soon as you get the amulet coin, which is actually given to you at a sensible point this time around

of course there is going to be that one person who QQ's over such a map/list existing...

always that debbie downer, so "in b4 debbie downer elitist"

OT: This is pretty cool, glad to see things are well rounded out this time, sometimes in the past games they had pokemon overlap too much or have getting some pokemon in a really obscure way that sucked ass.

FrostyChick:

That's wrong. I have fought both Kakunas and Metapods in Santalune Forest in Y.

OT: I'm just bummed there's no Ekans. He's the most legitest Pokémon!

werewolfsfury:

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Except horde battles in SMT just gives you a big target to hit. In Pokemon x and y horde battles give you a chance to find rare Pokemon with exclusive abilities.

And I guess you've never heard of Demikids then.

True, Demikids was ATLUS's attempt to rip off the series that had ripped off their game idea. I cant really argue that.

Kakulukia:

FrostyChick:

I have checked Bulbapedia and Serebii. Both seem to imply that Kakuna and Metapod are X and Y exclusives, respectively.
And furthermore, checking my pokedex in Y, results in "area unknown" for Kakuna. Whilst checking Metapod's entry in X also results in "area unknown".

FrostyChick:

Kakulukia:

FrostyChick:

I have checked Bulbapedia and Serebii. Both seem to imply that Kakuna and Metapod are X and Y exclusives, respectively.
And furthermore, checking my pokedex in Y, results in "area unknown" for Kakuna. Whilst checking Metapod's entry in X also results in "area unknown".

Just checked my dex in X. Both Caterpie and Weedle are found in Santalune. Kakuna is also found there - but Metapod gets an "Area Unknown". I suspect that WILD Metapod are exclusive to Y (and vice versa for Kakuna) but the pre-evos are in both games so players don't get screwed out of a dex entry

Skeleon:
Cool, when I eventually get it, I may make use of it. I'll probably play blindly, but I like all the reference-material put out by the Pokemon-community. Bulbapedia et al..

currently Bulbapedia has been really REALLY slow in putting out information on X and Y. You'd be better off using this map for location of pokemon, and Serebii for move set/evolution data.

Steven Bogos:
Super Thankful Snip

OT: I'm not even joking- Thank you so much for linking us Escapists the map with everything we need to know about where Pokemon are located, how to catch them, and what's required for Pokemon X and Y. I'm getting it December thus was really worried as to when I will get my Ralts (since it's 3rd evolution is my all time fav and I will use her[1] to fight every battle...)

So thank you ever so much for this man... thank you.

[1] I know they come in male too, but I want a female for sure

Bleidd Whitefalcon:
Just checked my dex in X. Both Caterpie and Weedle are found in Santalune. Kakuna is also found there - but Metapod gets an "Area Unknown". I suspect that WILD Metapod are exclusive to Y (and vice versa for Kakuna) but the pre-evos are in both games so players don't get screwed out of a dex entry

That is exactly what I had claimed in my initial post in this thread.

FrostyChick:

On Route 2:

In Santalune Forrest:
Caterpie is considered a rare encounter in Pokemon X and a common encounter in Pokemon Y.
Weedle is considered a common encounter in Pokemon X and a rare encounter in Pokemon Y.

FrostyChick:

Bleidd Whitefalcon:

That is exactly what I had claimed in my initial post in this thread.

FrostyChick:

On Route 2:

In Santalune Forrest:

Welp, I missed that initial post. My bad there ^^;

FrostyChick:
snip

Can't argue with that, since my 3DS doesn't have streaming capability and pictures showing both "Met: Route 2" is too simple a forgery to be taken seriously.

Must be a bug... heh.

I've also been able to encounter Onix by using rock smash on the rocks near the beach between Ambrette, Route 8 and Cyllage. I think this a rare encounter since I've only been able to encounter Onix 3 times this way...

I'm sorry I seem to have posted the same comment 4 times..

Please delete this as well... sorry I can't seem to delete it on my own...

Again I'm sorry please delete this post..

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here