EA Nukes Command & Conquer Sequel

Pages PREV 1 2

Better to put the series out of its misery now before something worse comes along. Personally, I havent really binged on the game since the turn of the new century, with RA2: Yuri's Revenge or C&C Generals likely being my last experience with it. Since then, though, I've heard nothing but bad things from the people I know who have continued on.

I lost hope in this series after c&c 3 beta. I went through high school playing generals and zero hour with my friends on their spotty(at best) online system, and it was tons of fun. I just stopped caring about the series after that. Good going EA.

freedash22:

Desert Punk:

Shaidz:
Tiberian Sun, BEST C&C ever!!!! The game that got me into gaming, loved those live action Cinematics! FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!

You know, the only good thing that came from Command and Conquer 4 was that I got a signed picture of Joe Kucan with my preorder.

It is one of my most valued possessions as Command and Conquer was the game that got me into PC gaming.

C&C Tiberian Sun and its expansion Firestorm were one of the most memorable, dark and desperate strategy games I have ever had the honor of playing. The atmosphere was intense, Tiberium was everywhere and you can really feel the world dying.
C&C 3 was so colorful, mild and more casual compared to Tiberian Sun. Westwood will forever be remembered.

I still have my unopened Tiberian Sun Platinum Edition PC Game complete with Soundtrack CD and Pewter figurine (NOD Soldier). I treasure it as a relic of the good old days when we had studios that employed craftsmen, artisans and blacksmiths that cared so much about their work, nowadays most studios are populated by unwilling interns who don't even QA their work (TW:Rome 2).

Peace Through Power!

Oh my god you have no idea how much I envy you.

Tiberian Sun is among my favorite games of all time. I would spend hundreds of dollars to acquire my own copy of that platinum edition. Sadly I was a stupid child when it came out and didnt understand what a treasure it would become.

The same with those old GDI and NOD lapel pins in that little westwood catalogue. I really, really should have ordered a few sets of those, but I was too young to appreciate how awesome they would be.

Josh Engen:
EA Nukes Command & Conquer Sequel

In the mean time, I may have to reinstall Windows 98, so I can replay Tiberian Sun.

Or you can get it on Steam and play it on your current game system...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24790/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

maybe there will be a good command and conquer game again but EA stopped caring about releasing something of quality with the command and conquer name on it around the time they made the terrible kanes wrath expansion

Desert Punk:

freedash22:

Desert Punk:
[quote="Shaidz" post="7.832491.20339968"]Tiberian Sun, BEST C&C ever!!!! The game that got me into gaming, loved those live action Cinematics! FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!

Snip

Oh my god you have no idea how much I envy you.

Tiberian Sun is among my favorite games of all time. I would spend hundreds of dollars to acquire my own copy of that platinum edition. Sadly I was a stupid child when it came out and didnt understand what a treasure it would become.

The same with those old GDI and NOD lapel pins in that little westwood catalogue. I really, really should have ordered a few sets of those, but I was too young to appreciate how awesome they would be.

And your appreciation is appreciated. You treasure great things that remind us of who we are as gamers and that is priceless. Ebay is your friend if you want to get one of these. Just wait and one will show up, it may be a long while though but one will come eventually. Now as for those NOD lapel pins, oh man, I'd love one of those in my bag.

But don't be so hard on yourself-- none of us could have predicted this. 13 years ago I thought Westwood was an invincible gaming hero. I had no idea what EA would eventually do. In my eyes, they were awesome good guys just like Westwood. I was just a little kid with no internet. Even if there were internet reviews already, I can imagine I wouldn't have cared anyway. Now I know better. Far better. At least out of this painful loss, we all became more caring, principled and vigilant--- characteristics I doubt many people in the games industry leadership have.

Hang on wasn't the studio called BIOWARE victory?

Or did they give up on adding the bioware name to random studios gimmick?

Anyways I dont know anything about the new c and c so can't judge one way or another.

Y'know what, this is for the best. As someone who played the beta, I can honestly say I was not impressed. While I'm sure EA will try to bring the game back, it's better that the series stay dead and not be zombified anymore.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here