Blackwell Deception Giveaway Goes Bad, 30,000 Steam Keys Stolen

Pages PREV 1 2

Seriously, what the fuck...

Why do people have to be such shitfaced fuckwads?
Fuck...

This makes me very VERY sad and disappointed.

Wow. This really is why we can't have nice things. People just don't care that you worked hard on your game and that you're not one of the nastier corporations, they're scummy little shits who want free stuff to sell for profit. I mean, 30,000 codes overnight, really?

I'm still waiting to hear how those who got excess codes will get the company more exposure which will utlimately lead to greater sales.

teh_gunslinger:
This makes me very, very sad.

Dave Gilbert is one of the nicest people I've interacted with and he's been stellar every time I've had questions about his games. He even gave me Steam keys for all his games when I mentioned that I had them on Gamersgate when I bought the disc version of Deception at release. Not to mention all the stuff he did for me when I bungled up my order of Resonance and he fixed it so I'd get the boxed version. Guy is a genuine good person and it's terrible to read that this happened to him.

I now also feel a bit crappy as I by coincidence wrote him about a new download link to The Shivah just last night. I had no idea this shit was going on and I'd rather not that I add to that pile. I'd rather just buy The Shivah again than bring him more hassle right now.

Edit: just got a reply and they sorted it out in a moment. Basically got a new copy of the game as the storefront they'd been using in 2011 was closed. They are really nice people.

That's it, I'm buying the whole catalog, people like this deserve support and not the bullcrap these dicks are causing him. *purchase*

RicoADF:

teh_gunslinger:
This makes me very, very sad.

Dave Gilbert is one of the nicest people I've interacted with and he's been stellar every time I've had questions about his games. He even gave me Steam keys for all his games when I mentioned that I had them on Gamersgate when I bought the disc version of Deception at release. Not to mention all the stuff he did for me when I bungled up my order of Resonance and he fixed it so I'd get the boxed version. Guy is a genuine good person and it's terrible to read that this happened to him.

I now also feel a bit crappy as I by coincidence wrote him about a new download link to The Shivah just last night. I had no idea this shit was going on and I'd rather not that I add to that pile. I'd rather just buy The Shivah again than bring him more hassle right now.

Edit: just got a reply and they sorted it out in a moment. Basically got a new copy of the game as the storefront they'd been using in 2011 was closed. They are really nice people.

That's it, I'm buying the whole catalog, people like this deserve support and not the bullcrap these dicks are causing him. *purchase*

You're getting some really good games if you do!

I'd be surprised if this didn't happen at least once before.

I suppose to moral to take away from this is that there truly is no such thing as a free lunch.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here