These Are The Battlefield 4 Bugs DICE is Working On

These Are The Battlefield 4 Bugs DICE is Working On

battlefield 4

DICE have posted a full list of all the bugs it is currently aware of.

Hey, Battlefield 4 is a great game right? That is, if you can play it for longer than ten minutes without it crashing. It's impossible to deny that the game has quite a few more bugs than we'd expect from a triple A release, but thankfully, DICE are hard at work stomping them out. DICE dev Trydling has posted up a full list of the bugs that DICE is aware of, and the steps they are taking to remedy them.

As well as the "ten minute crash" bugs (which are "being eliminated as we [DICE] find them"), other bugs currently being worked on include multiplayer progress being lost, singleplayer saves getting corrupted, and server queues not functioning. If you were experiencing the magazine reload bug, or Xbox 360 missions not working as intended, a fix has already been rolled out.

So what's next? "We are working on a PC client patch at the moment and hope to release it soon," said DICE. "We will share the patch notes once we have the patch contents finalized. The main focus is to fix as many crashes as possible, starting with the issues affecting a large number of players. We will update you once we are ready to release new server updates. We are currently working on server update #5, with four being released so far."

If you're experiencing a bug that's not on this list, DICE urges you to please report it.

How is your Battlefield 4 experience so far? Are you enjoying fielding those battles, or have the bugs taken too much away from the experience?

Source: Battlelog

Oh hey look another AAA game released long before it was ready.

Pre-orders are good right guys?

On a less sarcastic note I'll spare some feels for the people that paid for this mess and can't play it.

Has anyone seen the nerd cubed let's play? Dear god, it's like watching a train wreck inside a sharknado. It's beautiful and terrible at the same time.

Honestly, I haven't encountered a single bug in 16 hours of playtime. So it's not like the game is unplayable, there are just certain rare bugs that are affecting people, and due to the volume sold it seems like the bugs are more common than they are.

Well, finally getting paid on monday, so I was hoping to jump in sometime that afternoon.

But let's be honest, still a better launch than GTAO......

Balmong7:
Honestly, I haven't encountered a single bug in 16 hours of playtime. So it's not like the game is unplayable, there are just certain rare bugs that are affecting people, and due to the volume sold it seems like the bugs are more common than they are.

I don't know what platform you are playing on, but at least on PC everybody I know is affected by crashes. Me having to suffer the most, but my pc is also the oldest of the bunch. Anyways, good on you, I am really jealous :)

I find this hilarious considering that before the game launched they said the bugs people were finding in the beta weren't an issue because everybody was playing an already outdated version of the game.

I just don't know what it is about this year and rushed releases.

The really sad part is, the developers knew about these bugs, they don't get past QA, but publishers force them to release anyway. Gotta beat CoD to the punch, right? I mean, it's not like having an unplayable game could possibly affect sales or anything.

Kalezian:
But let's be honest, still a better launch than GTAO......

I'm going to have to say yes to this. The day I got GTA 5 when it first came out, GTA Online was perhaps the most devious thing to attempt trying anything with. Trying to log on was nearly impossible, your character save would be deleted the next time you logged on, you'd be kicked from serves because "games are voted to kick you" despite it's a ghost server with no one in it, the system would crash, cars would disappear from your garage especially if you accepted missions while in your garage, and more. So much more.

Even though most of those aren't as much of an issue, Rockstar has failed to deliver their promise of giving gamers $500,000 for all the problems thus this promise was made back in October. They haven't even notified giving anyone the first $250k and they still haven't fixed the worst bug where people can hack into your crew's bank and everyone ends up with $0.

OT: I'm really certain developers should hold back games until they're perfectly functional. Let's be honest... these releases are rushed and to early where competition is the company's top priority but overall this actually harms them in the end. For example, Dark Souls 2 is coming out much later then originally planned because the developers want to make sure it's playable and balanced. To be fair though, some bugs are usually expected but i'm talking about ground breaking bugs that prevent you from playing.

I urge people to stick to 32-player servers, they are far less prone to rubber-banding/lag and for some of the smaller maps/modes I would say 32-player is more enjoyable than 64-player (less of a clusterfuck).

looks like its good i canceled my pre order. still have to wait until my pc is fixed and then i move away anyway. so maybe i get it next year when they have fixed all the bugs as they did with BF3. i did enjoy the beta and had no problems with it.

Issues aside, it's probably the best FPS I've played. It really is amazing.

However, EA has clearly pestered Dice to rush it out of the door. It's quite evident that it was not ready for release. Unfortunately, developers and publishers think that they can just release a game in any state, and patch it up afterward.

After the crashes, sound issues, and other problems get sorted out (and rubber-banding - if it hasn't already), I think that Battlefield 4 will give Call of Duty a run for its money - especially since next-gen consoles will be able to participate in the full 64-player experience.

Yeah definitely crashing a lot. I've got a 33% round completion rate or something. But so worth it.

Pretty much everything I didn't like about BF3 has been fixed. VoIP with people not on your friendslist. Voice commands showing up as text in the chat so people know who's talking. Leaning. Recon has C4. 5 man squads. Knife takedowns can be countered from the front, but not from the back, discouraging people from using the knife unless they know they're unseen. Commanders. Vehicles don't have unlimited ammo.
Plus, the obliteration gamemode is the best addition to the franchise since conquest. The center of the action moves all over the map.

A big thing that still annoys me to no end is how vehicles can still unlock infrared view, and reveal nearby enemies on their minimap. Like they aren't powerful enough against infantry, you also can't hide from them.

Balmong7:

I haven't played all that much, but I have also only encountered one minor bug where the magnification thing on my support weapon reversed, so that it would magnify without the scope being infront of the sight, and stop being magnified when it was. Other than that it has been a painfree experience for me.

I only got the game because I got an extremely good deal on it (less than half price), but I have to say that the game is beautiful, runs on 60FPS on my system at max settings and has a lot of neat features that significantly improves upon BF3. I don't tihnk I'd have bought it full price though.

Almost unplayable.

Roughly 50% of the matches crash. Stats and unlocks are not saved properly. Lots of random crashes ("Something went wrong" "Client disconnected from game" and other crash reasons..).
During matches people teleport back and forth and there's enough rubber banding to make tires for the rest of the world for a decade.

HaraDaya:
Yeah definitely crashing a lot. I've got a 33% round completion rate or something. But so worth it.

Pretty much everything I didn't like about BF3 has been fixed. VoIP with people not on your friendslist. Voice commands showing up as text in the chat so people know who's talking. Leaning. Recon has C4. 5 man squads. Knife takedowns can be countered from the front, but not from the back, discouraging people from using the knife unless they know they're unseen. Commanders. Vehicles don't have unlimited ammo.
Plus, the obliteration gamemode is the best addition to the franchise since conquest. The center of the action moves all over the map.

A big thing that still annoys me to no end is how vehicles can still unlock infrared view, and reveal nearby enemies on their minimap. Like they aren't powerful enough against infantry, you also can't hide from them.

I've finished 4 out of maybe 40 rounds I've played. It's a lot of fun especially with a couple friends in your squad and voip but then it all goes to hell when it just cops out and kicks the whole server.

Well in my opinion all the biggest problems with Battlefield 4 aren't bugs. They are bad design choices that DICE is never going to change.

Been on PC. Had a couple server crashes and audio dropout in multiplayer, but nothing heart rending. It seems like my complaints are on their list of things to fix. Singleplayer had some weird moments like enemies phasing to different vertical planes in buildings, but it was functional (if completely disinteresting past raw spectacle).

romanator0:
I find this hilarious considering that before the game launched they said the bugs people were finding in the beta weren't an issue because everybody was playing an already outdated version of the game.

Even more hilariously, what they said was completely true, the retail release is afflicted by new and unprecedented bugs that weren't in the beta!

romanator0:

Well, it isn't entirely unexpected. DICE doesn't necessarily have the best reputation for releasing a stable game regardless of how much Beta testing they put it through and regardless of how often they feel the need to tell their fans that they (the fans) are "objectively" wrong.

Neyon:
Well in my opinion all the biggest problems with Battlefield 4 aren't bugs. They are bad design choices that DICE is never going to change.

"Hey, man! The newer Battlefield games are objectively better than the older (*cough*betterdesigned*cough*) ones. Why? Because we say so, so shut up!"-DICE

Joking aside, I was hoping that Battlefield 4 would actually fix the design problems with the newer Battlefield games and actually build on the ideas presented in BF2, but everything I've read so far seems to indicate that that didn't happen. I still doubt I'll be able to go without at least trying it, but I'm not doing it until the bugs are fixed and I have a friend who already has the game.

EA/Dice did a really bad job at marketing the game I just learned it was released a couple of days ago :D.

As for the bugs just get used to being paid beta testers for the first three of four month after the release of MP focused game. This is how the industry works now :(

james.sponge:
As for the bugs just get used to being paid beta testers for the first three of four month after the release of MP focused game. This is how the industry works now :(

this here. It's unfortunate that games are being so rushed now. The publishers apparently don't care as long as the game is out by X date.

HaraDaya:

How do you counter? That is a neat trick. Id emptied my pistol in a duel and tried to finish an injured soldier with a knife on the beta... who promptly shanked me. I thought it was a nice addition but dont know how its done.

Ive had 2 crashes in 4 hours, so my experience is very positive. If I wasnt working Id be playing it now.

the doom cannon:

james.sponge:

this here. It's unfortunate that games are being so rushed now. The publishers apparently don't care as long as the game is out by X date.

Whilst what you say is increasingly true it's never been Battlefields thing to be stable at launch, Bad Company 2 had nightmarish server issues and balance problems at launch, Battlefield 3 was also buggy and messy. The netcode for 1943 is still utter garbage, Bad Company 1 has some seriously wonky netcode too at times.

Outside of some lag issues and the server crash issues BF4 is one of the more polished DICE games I've played at launch. Although even the campaign crashes. Which is irritating.

HaraDaya:

My biggest improvement thus far is that MP412 REX has returned to it's glorious BC2 state of monstrous hand cannon, to be used when your mage runs dry wiping out an entire squad and need to blow that last guy away. I'm so glad handguns are actually worth a damn this time, they felt so arbritrary and useless in BF3, not to mention lacking any kind of satisfaction from using them.

Maybe they could work on fixing the goddamn lag. That's the only issue I've had with it. Running around with 35 to 40 ping, yet lagging like I'm above 100. Couldn't even get off the deploy screen on one server.

Haven't played much multiplayer, but there's several instances where I've fallen through the map in the campaign.

Also the fact that sometimes my squad just stands there and does nothing.

Nothing new I tried Battlefield 2 and never finished because of a game breaking bug where you're instantly shot down during a rail shooting sequence.

Played Battlefield 3 for free on PSN+ and had a bug after the mission in the giant safe. It happened twice and fortunately you can progress by going through mission select.

So I'm not surprised this game is a buggy POS.

Once again I'm curious how the generation of games can be so buggy when last gen wasn't (to the point the game was unplayable) makes me wonder how the PS4 and XBone will be.

I simply don't understand why they don't find bugs like these before the game goes gold. It's baffling.

The point of having a software release life cycle is to avoid releasing something that is as buggy as I've heard this is. If it crashes and restarts the player's computer, the player is going to seek a refund and stop bothering to spend a considerable amount of their money on games in the series because your company decided to release a faulty product and fix it later - probably months down the line. If EA keeps up this sort of performance, they'll find the Call of Duty games outselling them by a wider and wider margin every year until they have to declare the Battlefield series to be "unprofitable" and give up on it.

Whateveralot:
I simply don't understand why they don't find bugs like these before the game goes gold. It's baffling.

When it comes to multiplayer, I've always given games as big as Battlefield a little forgiveness when it comes to bugs. It's got to be hard to spot most of these without actually running full matches, where 64 people playing on different PC setups can stumble upon everything that could go wrong. BF could probably eliminate more bugs before launch by extending open beta and including the most current version in beta testing, but at least they're making progress more quickly than with the BF3 launch. Not sure how everybody else is doing, but so far they've been able to fix most of my server related disconnects and I've started getting 65 frames/sec max settings. Hope they don't break the game with a future patch like they did in BF3.

Single player game breaking bugs are total bs though, I'll agree with that. One level you have to sneak across a large pavilion with a bunch of guards to get to a hotel. I glitched off the ladder and died, when the level restarted it spawned me at the entrance to the hotel with my squad back across the pavilion, waiting for me to start down the ladder.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here