Pokemon X and Y Hacker Discovers Three Secret, Unobtainable Pokemon

Pages PREV 1 2

werewolfsfury:
It's unlikely that they would introduce an event only evolution.

Many apologies for being so late, but I must point out that they already have introduced an event-only evolution: Mega Blaziken. Blazikenite is unobtainable through normal means. Once the Torchic event ends on January 15th, the only way to get one will be trading for it.

Volcanoes are not made out of fire and water.

Exius Xavarus:

werewolfsfury:

Many apologies for being so late, but I must point out that they already have introduced an event-only evolution: Mega Blaziken. Blazikenite is unobtainable through normal means. Once the Torchic event ends on January 15th, the only way to get one will be trading for it.

mega evolution doesn't count since they are more like a form change than an actual evolution.

werewolfsfury:

Exius Xavarus:

werewolfsfury:

mega evolution doesn't count since they are more like a form change than an actual evolution.

I have to disagree with you, on Mega Evolutions. Their appearance changes, their stats are upgraded, some of them undergo type changes and even have new abilities. You can even view them in the Pokedex(they haven't their own spot, but you can). As far as I can tell, that's a whole evolution, right there. Mega Mewtwo Y was straight up banned from competitive Pokemon, simply because he's that powerful. Temporary as they are, I don't think one can simply say they don't count.

Exius Xavarus:

werewolfsfury:

Exius Xavarus:

I have to disagree with you, on Mega Evolutions. Their appearance changes, their stats are upgraded, some of them undergo type changes and even have new abilities. You can even view them in the Pokedex(they haven't their own spot, but you can). As far as I can tell, that's a whole evolution, right there. Mega Mewtwo Y was straight up banned from competitive Pokemon, simply because he's that powerful. Temporary as they are, I don't think one can simply say they don't count.

Like I said Mega evolutions do not count as a regular evolutions since they aren't a seperate pokemon in the evolution line and they do not get seperate pokedex entries. All of the effects of mega evolution you listed happen during regular form changes such as Melloetta using it's relic song to transform into it's step forme during battle, changing it's typing and stats around or when Shaymin Has the gracedia used on it so it changes into it's Sky forme.
I'm not doubting the the usefulness of mega evolutions or the power up's they give. I'm simply saying that they are not a proper evolution and are simply a from change. Otherwise we would've had mega evolution since gen III.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here