Pokemon X and Y Hacker Discovers Three Secret, Unobtainable Pokemon

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pokemon X and Y Hacker Discovers Three Secret, Unobtainable Pokemon

He also dug up unused mega-evolution for Latias and Latios.

Pokemon X and Y has been out for a few weeks now, and if you thought you had "caught them all" you may want to think again. A hacker that goes by the name Smealum has been searching through the Pokemon X and Y source code and has discovered three, currently unobtainable, legendary Pokemon, as well as unused mega-evolutions for generation III legendaries Latios and Latias.

This is obviously a massive spoiler for those of you who would rather wait for Nintendo to officially reveal them, so i'm going to throw a spoiler tag around the gallery.

The Pokemon (and the mega-evolutions) will most likely be made available via special events, just like the mega-Blaziken event that we kicked off this generation with. The three Pokemon are namde "Diancie" (which looks like maybe a Fairy/Rock type), "Hoopa" (possibly Fairy/Ghost) and "Volcanion" (which, going by the name, is quite obviously a Fire type).

Source: Serebii via Siliconera

Update: A few sources are reporting that the typings are: Diancie - Fairy/Rock, Hoopa - Psychic/Ghost, Volcanion - Fire/Water

The names have been around since the games came out. The names were discovered in the GTS. It is not how I pictured them.

Volcanion is rumored to be a Fire/Water type, and judging by that weird tank tube thing on his back, I'd put my money on the unique typing.

Is it just me or do Mega Latios and Latias look exactly the same?

Pickapok:

The base forms are essentially exactly the same, save for being pink or blue

Pickapok:

Except for turning into a fucking jet, yeah, they do, for the most part.

Man these new Pokemon games are making me feel old. Back in my day we didn't have mega evolutions and there was only 150 of those bastards to catch and our secret pokemon was just a big error.

Steven Bogos:
Smealum

So.... half Smeagol, half Gollum? Huh.

synobal:
Man these new Pokemon games are making me feel old. Back in my day we didn't have mega evolutions and there was only 150 of those bastards to catch and our secret pokemon was just a big error.

And there were also countless glitches, issues with slow and quite unbalanced combat mechanics. Get in on the ferpect improvements now.

I do wonder if these were "Dummied Out" or are going to be event Pokemon that just happens to have the data for them in the game.

Dummied out content is data that was part of development, and wasn't removed from the code, but cut out of the game. This is a very common practice. Testing levels, game concepts that just couldn't be finished before the deadline or under budget/the developers figured out they didn't work with the rest of the game is often left on the game disc because the code often overlaps with other parts of the game data.

Programmers know there tightly woven structures of gates and commands works when you have parts A, B, C, and D, but they do not sure if it still works without C. If they do want to outright delete C, they would have to make all kinds of tests to see if it's deletion introduces game breaking bugs, slows down loading times, or otherwise hamper the experience. If that is yes, then you need to search through the code, patching up the holes, and try to replicate what ever C was doing to keep the house of cards upright.

Now, it could be an event/DLC pokemon, and Nintendo decided to leave it on the disc to make things easier.

Terminate421:

synobal:

And there were also countless glitches, issues with slow and quite unbalanced combat mechanics. Get in on the ferpect improvements now.

Yes, lets see...

Psychics were not weak to ghost type attacks, they were IMMUNE, and the one line of ghosts had a poison secondary typing, which was weak to Psychic attacks. Also, ghost type attacks was a physical attacking type, not a special.

Psychics were only weak to bug type pokemon, which was ok since bugs were extremely underpowered.

You could basically nuke the entire game if you had an Alakazam.

You could easily catch them all if you used the Missingno glitch (128 master balls, anyone?)

Critical hits were based on your speed stat. Faster you are, more likely you can murder everything in your path.

Gen 1 Mewtwo is the single most power pokemon, ever. No, not Groudon, Not Kyorge, not even Arcues can compare with the pure destructive horror of that abomination.

synobal:

*coughs*

151... Mew was available in red and blue as a participation reward for going to the tournaments. Or using the special stat glitch.

Id say at least one in the group is going to be part of a tie in for the next movie.

Not G. Ivingname:

And the sprites on your side of the battle were even worse until gen 2. I honestly want to know how they were ACTUALLY supposed to look like before they got horribly zoomed in. I don't know if it was by accident or by design that they were so pixellated

Steven Bogos:

Pickapok:

Sorry? From here they both look purple. Yup, just went back, from the pictures you had, both Mega Evolutions STILL look purple. Am I missing something here?

I mean, I'm not surprised they look the same since they're 'unused', I'm just not sure why you're saying they look anything other than purple.

Not G. Ivingname:
I do wonder if these were "Dummied Out" or are going to be event Pokemon that just happens to have the data for them in the game.

The event Pokemon data is always in the games, 4th and 5th generations event Pokemon were also found by hackers. If the event Pokemon weren't already in the games, you would encounter issues trying to use it in a battle or trade it to someone who hadn't downloaded the data.

Infernal Lawyer:

Steven Bogos:

Pickapok:

Sorry? From here they both look purple. Yup, just went back, from the pictures you had, both Mega Evolutions STILL look purple. Am I missing something here?

I mean, I'm not surprised they look the same since they're 'unused', I'm just not sure why you're saying they look anything other than purple.

I think what they mean is that since Latios and Latias are basically the same (just one is blue and one is red) it's not that strange that the mega evolutions of both of them looks identical.

Also they are probably going o be used. It's highly likely that a Latias/Latios will be given out in an event with a Megastone just like the Torchic was with the games release.

Infernal Lawyer:

Steven Bogos:

Pickapok:

Hmm, looking at the pictures, that's very interesting. Latias is red, latios is blue, and this unused form is purple... maybe not mega evolution but... fusion?

Steven Bogos:
Hmm, looking at the pictures, that's very interesting. Latias is red, latios is blue, and this unused form is purple... maybe not mega evolution but... fusion?

I don't think so, both Genders are clearly different even though the forms looks practically the same. Maybe they just have the same Mega forms? meh.

Not G. Ivingname:

Terminate421:

synobal:

Yes, lets see...

Psychics were not weak to ghost type attacks, they were IMMUNE, and the one line of ghosts had a poison secondary typing, which was weak to Psychic attacks. Also, ghost type attacks was a physical attacking type, not a special.

Psychics were only weak to bug type pokemon, which was ok since bugs were extremely underpowered.

You could easily catch them all if you used the Missingno glitch (128 master balls, anyone?)

Critical hits were based on your speed stat. Faster you are, more likely you can murder everything in your path.

Gen 1 Mewtwo is the single most power pokemon, ever. No, not Groudon, Not Kyorge, not even Arcues can compare with the pure destructive horror of that abomination.

Ahhhhh, those were the good ol' days. When you would literally run the floor with a Kadabra. "Kadabra Used PsyBeam! It Killed The Fuck Out Of The Enemy Pokémon!" And yeah, the only thing better than a Kadabra (that is if you didn't get an Alakazam since you had to trade to get it) would be my main man MewTwo himself. I played through the game six times (once on my red version and 5 times on my brother's blue version) just to get six copies of that fucker and make a team out of him.

All my schoolmates hated me. :3

Haha some good ol memories coming back to me when i entered this thread:D Missing no was funny especially if you still had a that Rival to beat and got him then you could randomly fight your rival in tall grass which was hilarious, well if you tried to catch him with a pokeball the game totally couldn't handle his awesomeness and stopped working which pretty much ended all the fun right there:(

You will never "catch them all". At no point will you put down your pokemon z1000 saffron edition and say "Whelp, pokemon was fun, but there is noone left for me to catch"

This surprises no-one, it is in fact, expected.

I don't understand why anyone would care for legendaries.
They are completely uninteresting in online battles which is all you do after beating the game.
You don't raise them, you don't breed them, you just get them and what they have is all you'll ever get out of them.
No egg moves, locked nature and IVs. Boring as fuck.

Something like greninja which can literally be everything is a million times more interesting.

Just as horribly designed as the rest of the Pokemon circa Gen. 3.

Stay classy, Japan.

RJ 17:

Not G. Ivingname:

Terminate421:

Yes, lets see...

Ahhhhh, those were the good ol' days. When you would literally run the floor with a Kadabra. "Kadabra Used PsyBeam! It Killed The Fuck Out Of The Enemy Pokémon!" And yeah, the only thing better than a Kadabra (that is if you didn't get an Alakazam since you had to trade to get it) would be my main man MewTwo himself. I played through the game six times (once on my red version and 5 times on my brother's blue version) just to get six copies of that fucker and make a team out of him.

All my schoolmates hated me. :3

You must of been an evil, EVIL child. SIX GEN1 MEWTWOS?

There is literally nothing that can fully counter Mewtwo. At best, you have a list of "things that can survive long enough to stun, sleep, freeze, or explode against Mewtwo before it can get two Amnesia's off," which is basically was limited to Starmie, Slowbro, and Chansey.

Not G. Ivingname:
You must of been an evil, EVIL child. SIX GEN1 MEWTWOS?

There is literally nothing that can fully counter Mewtwo. At best, you have a list of "things that can survive long enough to stun, sleep, freeze, or explode against Mewtwo before it can get two Amnesia's off," which is basically was limited to Starmie, Slowbro, and Chansey.

Yeah, and even if you managed to bring one of them down, there were five more waiting in line behind him like "Oh hai, Mark. Very funny story."

loa:
I don't understand why anyone would care for legendaries.
They are completely uninteresting in online battles which is all you do after beating the game.
You don't raise them, you don't breed them, you just get them and what they have is all you'll ever get out of them.
No egg moves, locked nature and IVs. Boring as fuck.

Something like greninja which can literally be everything is a million times more interesting.

They're interesting for people who don't care about breeding and all that crazy behind the scenes stuff, and online battles. Some people are just happy getting their new shiny toy.

Steven Bogos:

That's certainly a possibility, though I think they're unfinished models anyway. Compare them to the other pictures: Those two "MEGA" evolution models look pretty damn boring, a LOT less visual fidelity and features on them.

So maybe each one was going to have a purple colour scheme (as suggested by your observation of the color equation), or maybe they just use different shades of purple while modeling.

But hey, they could always release a patch that replaces them with fully kitted out models :D

As a side note, I feel sorry for that poor pokemon. A level 10, facing a goddamn level 100 legendary? That poor little puppy is SCREWED.

This is pretty incredible, I just hope these Pokemon aren't going to be in some DLC or something, seeing as though Nintendo is becoming accustomed to the concept of downloadable content.

MikamiFan92:
This is pretty incredible, I just hope these Pokemon aren't going to be in some DLC or something, seeing as though Nintendo is becoming accustomed to the concept of downloadable content.

Nintendo frequently does real-world and online promotions giving away rare/unobtainable Pokemon every so often, and have been ever since the days of the GBA. I assume these were saved for those distribution events, but someone leaked the Pokemon. Pokemon like Genesect in gen 5 were in the code for Black and White but it was never officially given away until Black and White 2, so these new mons might not be shown off for another year or so by Nintendo.

dylanmc12:

Stay classy, Japan.

Trololol. The best bit is when he called Game Freak's art designers "Japan".

As for my own opinion, it can be summarised with "Yeah. Whatevs."

They're legendaries, I don't find them interesting at all. Although, wouldn't it be kind of cool if Diancie was an evolution of Carbink? Carbink's all alone, poor little Forretress rehash. Still cute, though, and I've really embraced the fairy type.

Headsprouter:

dylanmc12:

Stay classy, Japan.

Trololol. The best bit is when he called Game Freak's art designers "Japan".

As for my own opinion, it can be summarised with "Yeah. Whatevs."

They're legendaries, I don't find them interesting at all. Although, wouldn't it be kind of cool if Diancie was an evolution of Carbink? Carbink's all alone, poor little Forretress rehash. Still cute, though, and I've really embraced the fairy type.

It's unlikely that they would introduce an event only evolution. I do think they will be somewhat related though, along with the Anistar Sundial.
And I'm guessing Hoopa has something to do with either the message at the train station, the creepy elevator girl, or the scary house on route 14.

Pickapok:

I was wondering about that too, and im not really excited about it. i know latias and latios are pretty much twin pokemon, but this could have been their chance to make them their own and separate.

werewolfsfury:
It's unlikely that they would introduce an event only evolution. I do think they will be somewhat related though, along with the Anistar Sundial.
And I'm guessing Hoopa has something to do with either the message at the train station, the creepy elevator girl, or the scary house on route 14.

Yeah, I'm aware, in one of my "beta" versions of this post I had the phrase "I can dream..." to show that I was aware it's unlikely that it isn't some kind of legendary. Maybe I should have kept it in...

I like your avatar, by the way. Very Gen 5.

This news is old as the hills

So, is it ok to discuss the hacking of video games on the Escapist now? How does one get to the source code of a game via legal means?

So with the inclusion of these new mons and megas (If we count Megas as new mons) The grand total for this Gen is 751.
Seems fitting.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or