Warlords of Draenor Expansion Announced for World of Warcraft

Pages PREV 1 2

Looks like a non sensical mess to me. Pandaria felt like a pixar film and this time travel business could be better written by an 8 year old. And to make matters worse, they spent so much time in content telling us time travel is bad.

I'm thankful there are many other alternatives to wow nowadays.

bringer of illumination:

Ponyholder:
Snip

Halyah:
Snippety

someonehairy-ish:
Snip

Gah.

I did a complete brainfart, I saw the time travel, I saw Gorehowl and my brain just sorta leapt to Grom and I didn't even consider Garrosh. I'd only paid tangential attention to Mists (even though I did see that Siege of Orgrimmar cinematic when it was initially released), and I just kinda stop caring about Garrosh after they put him through the Chris Metzen Corruption Plot Machine so I guess my brain just sorta filtered him out.

Perfectly understandable given all the 180 turns they did with Garrosh. I've raged a fair bit about it to friends of mine. It's always something that pops up to feel stupid. Plus ending the war that should never have happened in a filler expansion was.... a killing blow to a lot of people I bet. So filtering stuff is bound to happen... Even more so if you haven't paid attention. Can't blame ya for not doing that. Not after what we got.

I wanted to go to Draenor again, but not like this. Not like this. So much for Illidan's redemption and more burning legion shenanigans.

Also, why does there need to be more Garrosh stuff? You've already butchered his character enough, Blizzard.

Captcha: Start saving today

It's a warning. Progressive doesn't want me to buy this xpac.

bringer of illumination:

Ponyholder:

bringer of illumination:
Oh god, oh please fuck no.

Not a fucking prequel.

HAVEN'T YOU RAPED THE LORE ENOUGH?

Just leave it alone god damn it, have fun with your pandas, at least they're not really ruining the story that was already there before they were introduced.

Why Metzen, why do you despise your own work so much?

1.) Not a prequel. It is a continuation of Garrosh's story, although he isn't the big bad this expansion (will most likely be the burning legion).
2.) Mists was a great expansion with a damn good story, much better than the shit that was Cataclysm.
3.) Stop whining -_-

1.) Do you know what the word "continuation" means? Garrosh is dead, his story is over, he redeemed himself by sacrificing his life to save his people, unless they're bringing him back from the dead (Blizzard, please just don't) then it's not a continuation.

We're traveling back in time, to before any of the games in the timeline, how could it be anything but a prequel?

2.) Mists may have been a "great expansion" from a gameplay perspective, and the story may even have been good, but it wasn't a fucking Warcraft story.

Pandaren were an easter egg, a fucking joke. Building an expansion around them is the equivalent of Star Wars episode VII being about the Stormtrooper that did the Wilhelm scream in A New Hope.

But ultimately, the fact that Mists of Pandaria simply isn't a Warcraft story, also means that I don't get upset about it. I just don't care about Pandaria, Cataclysm already fucked so many holes in the lore that it died of bloodloss, it was dead by the point, Pandas couldn't ruin it any further.

The destruction of WoW's lore started small with the complete retcon of the Draenei in Burning Crusade, and ended with a boom with the fucking embarrassment that is the ending cinematic of Cataclysm.

This is different though, now they're going back in time and fucking a perfectly functional story that they could have just left alone. Unlike Pandas this is something I can actually get mad about.

3.) Fucking make me.

1) Garrosh isn't dead, that was Grom, Garrosh is his son that took over the Horde after Thrall appointed him, lead it down the path of demon (Old God) worship, and united (Temporarily) The Horde and Alliance to fight Garrosh's horde. Grom Hellscream died in Warcraft 3, Garrosh was taken into Pandarian Custody.

2) I love people like you, who just seem to think they can decide what is and isn't canon. Pandarians are canon, they are lore, you don't get to go "I don't like it, it isn't Warcraft story". Sorry.

3) You don't have to stop whining, but if you did you might be able to enjoy new things, rather than going "Back in my day everything was perfect and wonderful."

I love how the people who are complaining about this are the ones getting facts wrong about it....

I'm pretty happy myself. Quite liking the instant 90 thing, maybe now I'll finally be able to have a max level Horde character.

Cecilo:

bringer of illumination:

Ponyholder:

1.) Not a prequel. It is a continuation of Garrosh's story, although he isn't the big bad this expansion (will most likely be the burning legion).
2.) Mists was a great expansion with a damn good story, much better than the shit that was Cataclysm.
3.) Stop whining -_-

1.) Do you know what the word "continuation" means? Garrosh is dead, his story is over, he redeemed himself by sacrificing his life to save his people, unless they're bringing him back from the dead (Blizzard, please just don't) then it's not a continuation.

We're traveling back in time, to before any of the games in the timeline, how could it be anything but a prequel?

2.) Mists may have been a "great expansion" from a gameplay perspective, and the story may even have been good, but it wasn't a fucking Warcraft story.

Pandaren were an easter egg, a fucking joke. Building an expansion around them is the equivalent of Star Wars episode VII being about the Stormtrooper that did the Wilhelm scream in A New Hope.

But ultimately, the fact that Mists of Pandaria simply isn't a Warcraft story, also means that I don't get upset about it. I just don't care about Pandaria, Cataclysm already fucked so many holes in the lore that it died of bloodloss, it was dead by the point, Pandas couldn't ruin it any further.

The destruction of WoW's lore started small with the complete retcon of the Draenei in Burning Crusade, and ended with a boom with the fucking embarrassment that is the ending cinematic of Cataclysm.

This is different though, now they're going back in time and fucking a perfectly functional story that they could have just left alone. Unlike Pandas this is something I can actually get mad about.

3.) Fucking make me.

1) Garrosh isn't dead, that was Grom, Garrosh is his son that took over the Horde after Thrall appointed him, lead it down the path of demon (Old God) worship, and united (Temporarily) The Horde and Alliance to fight Garrosh's horde. Grom Hellscream died in Warcraft 3, Garrosh was taken into Pandarian Custody.

2) I love people like you, who just seem to think they can decide what is and isn't canon. Pandarians are canon, they are lore, you don't get to go "I don't like it, it isn't Warcraft story". Sorry.

3) You don't have to stop whining, but if you did you might be able to enjoy new things, rather than going "Back in my day everything was perfect and wonderful."

1.) I corrected my mistake in an earlier post. But I still maintain that the "LOL GARROSH IS CORRUPTED NOW!" is a terrible waste of what is perhaps the only truly worthwhile original character that World of Warcraft spawned.

2.) You seem to imply that I give a shit about the "canon", Blizzard and their drones can have their horribly butchered canon, it won't take the original games away from me, and neither you nor they can make me care about it or accept it, as far as I am concerned the story of Warcraft was resolved in The Frozen Throne.

But you also misunderstand me, the reason Mists isn't a Warcraft story isn't because I don't consider it "canon". That canon was, like I already explained, ruined before Mists was ever released.

It's not a Warcraft story because it quite simply doesn't have anything to do with the WORLD of Warcraft or the characters therein, not thematically or even superficially. And the only part that does, the Siege of Ogrimmar storyline, is a joke and an embarrassment on the level of the epilogue of Cataclysm.

3.) Sorry, I think I'll stick with "whining". It ultimately that makes me feel better with myself than just swallowing every turd that Blizzard serves me and asking for more just because it has "Warcraft" stapled on it. At least this way I can maintain a speck of self respect.

I Wonder if anyone can see the glaring issue with Garrosh Hellscreams plan like I can?

Cecilo:
Garrosh was taken into Pandarian Custody.

Try and say those words with a straight face. I think you will find it's impossible.

Man, this game. Whoever is in charge of the lore clearly gets high on the smell of his own farts.

I'll give it a shot, won't stay for long most likely, having no friends who still play the game makes it kinda... You know... Shit.

But being warcraft lore and world fan (That is WARCRAFT universe) I have to go and see what was before the events of outland.

bringer of illumination:
Oh god, oh please fuck no.

Not a fucking prequel.

HAVEN'T YOU RAPED THE LORE ENOUGH?

Just leave it alone god damn it, have fun with your pandas, at least they're not really ruining the story that was already there before they were introduced.

Why Metzen, why do you despise your own work so much?

I was honestly hoping they'd actually take the fight against the burning legion again. Defeating Sargeras at level 100 would have been epic.

I am not sure why people keep eating this stuff up but what do I know.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here