Microsoft Shows Off Xbox One "Snap" Feature

Pages PREV 1 2

Besides the ones shown in the game, we also have the possibility of using IE for something like a map that's on the same screen. Something you can easily check while playing.

On a side note -

As a new user on these forums, I'm really not sure how much longer I can stand how insanely cynical this place is. Mind you, I'm not against criticism, but combine the attitude, the snark, and the damn master race bullshit, you just end up with a miserable place with no meaningful discussion.

It's interesting but ...I really don't think this comes in any useful for the system resources it requires.
Most have a phone on hand, so you can easily look up gamefaqs or whatever if need be.. so that makes this kinda flipping around useless. Watching videos while playing a game? Whyyyyyy?
Maybe I'm a jaded PC user (not pc gamer) as I've usually got 14 programs going and over 20 tabs in mozilla.
This isn't an xbox thing, I just think the feature for a gaming device is ...silly.

Arnoxthe1:

1. It is a plus that the PS4 will be able to play games right out of the box alone but if you take into account everything else, it makes the PS4 look like a thrown together piece of gaming equipment compared to the Xbox.

2. Wait. im confus. Too lazy to fix... what?

3. Whether you agree with what Microsoft was going to do or not is neither here nor there. They had something set up and ready to go but then they had to cancel it almost completely. (Which they actually didn't have to do but they did.) Sony didn't have to do any of that. They continued exactly as they planned it. Which still led to a system with half its features not there. Just looking at who's better organized here, Microsoft is the clear winner.

4. Sony does offer a much better selection of services for free members, certainly. But as to free games, well... While Sony has more recent titles for their paid members, they could only play them for as long as Sony made it available. Then if anyone wanted to play a former free game any more, they would have to buy it. Microsoft offers games that you can not only get for free, but KEEP, as long as you get them in the time frame that they are released in.

You say the games games released for Live Gold members are worthless? Halo 3 alone is to this day ahead in certain areas while Killzone is still trying to catch up with it. And that game was made, what, six years ago? Hardly a worthless game. Not to mention the fact that we're completely ignoring AC2, one of the most, if not thee most, liked AC games so far. (Although recently, Black Flag is pretty good.)

1. It is a plus that PS4 will have basic functionality at the time of its launch? how nice of them!
Both of them look like a piece of hurriedly thrown together pieces of gaming equipment, except that PS4 actually work.

2. to fix their DRM that is broken?

3. Except that they claimed they canceled it, however still shipped the console with what they done, giving no way to remedy it without connecting to internet, essentially scamming money from people without internet. It is tried that Sony didnt have to do that. You know why? because they had basic common sense. If you go around and bust peoples windows and when forced to repair them claim that "this guy right here didnt had to do it, so i shouldnt either" you will get laughed at. If you break soemthing its up to you to fix it even if others dont have to.

4. I didnt knew about microsoft allowign you to keep the games after Gold is out. That is indeed a plus to their side. Problem is, there is nothing worth keeping.

Your appeal to dudebro gaming with halo, which granted is quite popular on Xbox is to be expected. Does not make it a game worth playing.
I didnt like AC 2 but i agree this is highly subjective.

Strazdas:
1. It is a plus that PS4 will have basic functionality at the time of its launch? how nice of them!
Both of them look like a piece of hurriedly thrown together pieces of gaming equipment, except that PS4 actually work.

2. to fix their DRM that is broken?

3. Except that they claimed they canceled it, however still shipped the console with what they done, giving no way to remedy it without connecting to internet, essentially scamming money from people without internet. It is tried that Sony didnt have to do that. You know why? because they had basic common sense. If you go around and bust peoples windows and when forced to repair them claim that "this guy right here didnt had to do it, so i shouldnt either" you will get laughed at. If you break soemthing its up to you to fix it even if others dont have to.

4. I didnt knew about microsoft allowign you to keep the games after Gold is out. That is indeed a plus to their side. Problem is, there is nothing worth keeping.

Your appeal to dudebro gaming with halo, which granted is quite popular on Xbox is to be expected. Does not make it a game worth playing.
I didnt like AC 2 but i agree this is highly subjective.

1. inorite? It's the least they can do with the crap they're trying to sell.

2. Broken? Still confused. The DRM was never "broken". But it does need to removed. That does not make it broken.

3. How could they have corrected it without an internet patch? By the time they made their decision, it was too late. Production had already started. And we're not talking about common sense. Neither are we talking about anything broken. We're talking about a feature no one really wanted that Microsoft decided to reverse. There's a difference.

4. Dudebro gaming... So a game is automatically bad if dudebros like it? Let me tell you how Halo 3 is still outclassing KZ:SF. Halo 3 had Forge and Theater. Does KZ have any of that? No. I mean, not even having a Theater mode in this day is really an abnormality now. Halo 3 pioneered these features for consoles and you say that game is worthless.

To be fair though, as I said in a previous thread, KZ is catching up and I'm actually impressed with it.

SKBPinkie:

As a new user on these forums, I'm really not sure how much longer I can stand how insanely cynical this place is. Mind you, I'm not against criticism, but combine the attitude, the snark, and the damn master race bullshit, you just end up with a miserable place with no meaningful discussion.

I'd imagine once the Xbox One and PS4 have both sorted out their inevitable issues and bricking the PC Master Race posts will die down, even if just a little.

Arnoxthe1:

1. inorite? It's the least they can do with the crap they're trying to sell.

2. Broken? Still confused. The DRM was never "broken". But it does need to removed. That does not make it broken.

3. How could they have corrected it without an internet patch? By the time they made their decision, it was too late. Production had already started. And we're not talking about common sense. Neither are we talking about anything broken. We're talking about a feature no one really wanted that Microsoft decided to reverse. There's a difference.

4. Dudebro gaming... So a game is automatically bad if dudebros like it? Let me tell you how Halo 3 is still outclassing KZ:SF. Halo 3 had Forge and Theater. Does KZ have any of that? No. I mean, not even having a Theater mode in this day is really an abnormality now. Halo 3 pioneered these features for consoles and you say that game is worthless.
To be fair though, as I said in a previous thread, KZ is catching up and I'm actually impressed with it.

1. Inorite? i think theres a typo. i checked dictionary (google translate) and it seem to trasnalte to... maggots.

2. DRM is broken if it inconvieniences legal costumer. Its purpose is to disable the illegal user. it clearly failed to meet its purpose.

3. They could have, you know, change the OS their launching with, or, attach a 0,5 dollar (cause thats the costs of manufacturing dvds en mass) dvd with a patch. or how about doing the good old putting the path together with the game so when you want to play a game you got the patch ready? Or how about doing what Sony did and allow a pre-download of a patch so you can install it with USB stick? there are plenty of solutions microsoft decided they cant be bothered with.

4. dudebro was a joke more than anything. Halo has historical significance but thats kinda where it ends.

Evonisia:

SKBPinkie:

I'd imagine once the Xbox One and PS4 have both sorted out their inevitable issues and bricking the PC Master Race posts will die down, even if just a little.

Back when i joiend i was actually amazed how everyone was a console gamer and PC gamers were looked down on here. Seems that when the new consoles are.... not as expected.... PC is the one on top. i too expect it to go back down afterwards too, but doubtful to same levels.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here