Car Accident Takes the Life of Actor Paul Walker

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Car Accident Takes the Life of Actor Paul Walker

Paul Walker Death - Main

Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker is dead following a tragic accident in California.

Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California. The tragic news was initially confirmed through Walker's publicist, Ame Van Iden, but an official announcement has now been posted on Walker's social networking profiles.

"It is with a truly heavy heart that we must confirm that Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident while attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide," reads a post on Walker's official Facebook page. "He was a passenger in a friend's car, in which both lost their lives. We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news. Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

Walker, who turned 40 in September, recently finished work on the sixth installment in the Fast & Furious franchise, and was scheduled to take over the lead role in an upcoming reboot of the Hitman film series. Unfortunately, we'll never get to see Mr. Walker's interpretation of Agent 47.

Regardless of your opinions about his movies, I think we can all agree that 40 is too young, and the fact that he leaves behind a daughter makes this accident even more tragic.

Source: Facebook, CNN

Oh wow. That sucks.

On a related note, I actually liked the first Fast and Furious movie. The others weren't exactly what I'd call good, but yeah - this still sucks.

The worst part is, FF7 is still in filming. For reference, this is like Robert Downey Jr. dying before the Filming of Avengers 2 is done.

Josh Engen:

Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California.

God dammit universe, stop making me laugh at people dying.

RIP

While the details involving the crash are sketchy at this point, driving those sorts of luxury sports cars seems like nothing but dangerous. Their whole design appears meant to tempt you into testing it's engines, speed through streets without a care in the world. All it takes is a bit of acceleration and you could easily reach deadly speeds, and no road is without its bumps.

Again, I am not aware of the full picture. Maybe they were driving as responsibly as you possibly could, maybe the fault didn't lie with the driver. But I won't deny the possibility. Maybe they were late and stressed out and weren't thinking as clearly as they perhaps should have. I know it's intruiging to get there a little bit faster and save yourself some time, but it's really not worth the risk of what could happen if all that force would loose control and come to a sudden stop.

In the end, they were the ones that paid most dearly for it. I hope for the best for their families.

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

Earlier today, actor Paul Walker, who is most recognizable from his work in The Fast and the Furious, died in a car accident in Southern California.

God dammit universe, stop making be laugh at people dying.

RIP

It's just to perfect, the joke rights itself...:)

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

RIP

Yeah...
We both are terrible people :(

Damn. : (
I loved him in Joyride.

Objectable:
The worst part is, FF7 is still in filming. For reference, this is like Robert Downey Jr. dying before the Filming of Avengers 2 is done.

The worst part is that he passed away too early. But yea, having a major actor die in the middle of filming is going to put the entire production into a weird place. I don't know enough to say if they're going to be able to finish it or if they'll have to start from the beginning. But I don't envy anyone involved.

blackrave:

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

RIP

Yeah...
We both are terrible people :(

wait until the puns begin...

Yelchor:
While the details involving the crash are sketchy at this point, driving those sorts of luxury sports cars seems like nothing but dangerous. Their whole design appears meant to tempt you into testing it's engines, speed through streets without a care in the world. All it takes is a bit of acceleration and you could easily reach deadly speeds, and no road is without its bumps.

come on!
there are thousands upon thousands of cars available to purchase.
you know what you are getting into( or want out of it) when you buy one of these overly priced vehicles.

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

God dammit universe, stop making me laugh at people dying.

RIP

too soon and too serious...

Josh Engen:
Snip

Is this all the information that was available at the time of writing? Don't get me wrong, it is a rather fair and unbiased article but there are some burning questions left. Was there another vehicle involved? Where they the only two injured? If no one else was involved then this accident is sounding more like it was probably the drivers fault. While it is regrettable that people died, I have less sympathy for self inflicted death.

Thats a shame, to know such a cool guy died in my home town.

My deepest condolences to the family, the driver who also passed, and the people producing FF7.

Objectable:

I don't know how far they were into shooting FF7. Filming started September 30. Some sites say it's shooting, others say it's in post-production. Maybe, even if they're still shooting, Walker completed his part. I hope he played out, or most of it, and his character makes the final cut. But! How awkward is it going to be to release a movie about driving fast and furious when your deuteragonist just died in a car crash?

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

RIP

Glad I'm not the only asshole in the world that made that connection.

RIP.

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

RIP

I know, the irony is fucking insane. And I feel like a dick for saying this, but I feel a sigh of relief that maybe they'll stop making FF movies. WE WERE GOOD AFTER 2, THANKS GUYS.

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

RIP

TwoSidesOneCoin:

RIP.

EHKOS:

I know, the irony is fucking insane. And I feel like a dick for saying this, but I feel a sigh of relief that maybe they'll stop making FF movies. WE WERE GOOD AFTER 2, THANKS GUYS.

Oh trust me, the puns/jokes aren't going to stop. If there's one thing true about the internet, it's that there's no such thing as "too soon".

But that shouldn't stop us from feeling sympathy for the man's family, especially his daughter :(
We can weep for the man and still celebrate what he did when he was alive.

What... That's a shame. I've seen every FF movie, and I was a fan in the past. It got too silly after FF2, but I still enjoyed them. I guess they probably won't be making any more FF movies.

Also, the guy was only 40. That's...

Well this sucks. Sadly I think I know what possibly happened. People down here in southern California do not know how to drive in the rain, and there are many accidents and deaths usually when it rains. Lately it's been raining down here so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause.
RIP

Neronium:
snip

I would rephrase the statement as this:

People in California do not know how to drive.

In this state, nobody knows how to stop (there is a reason it's called a "Californian roll"), how to use roundabouts ("oh god, what is this round thing? Do I turn left? Right? Can I drive over it?), how to yield ("It's only a suggestion"), or how to follow the speed limit ("But officer, I was only going ten miles faster!")

The last one is important, because, when we are not caught in the grid lock of "rush hour," nobody follows the posted speed limits, unless we see a cop. In normal weather conditions, this isn't really a problem.

In the rain, all bets are off.

In related news, sylvester stallone dies in tragic boxing accident, mark hamill has unfortunate accident with lightsaber, and tom cruise crashes billion dollar government fighter jet.

That's a shame. His films were always good fun, hard to believe he won't be around for more.

Be safe on the road folks. For every good driver, there's another with their hands off the wheel and their eyes up their ass.

TwoSidesOneCoin:

Phrozenflame500:

Josh Engen:

RIP

RIP.

We all though it. But at least we're ashamed of it, that's what counts.

RIP

That really sucks. More I read about him, more I like him for his giving to community.

Most millionaires don't even bother.

RIP

RaNDM G:
Be safe on the road folks. For every good driver, there's another with their hands off the wheel and their eyes up their ass.

That's why I hate driving. People are always on their fuckin' phone. They don't realize that they can kill themselves that way. Or worse, they can kill someone else.

R.I.P. Paul Walker. I wasn't a fan, but it's always sad when someone universally liked dies. And I don't really know anyone who didn't like this guy.

Yuuki:

That was just terrible... Terrible and one of the funniest things I have seen this month.

RIP Mr Walker. My condolences to his family.

mysecondlife:
That really sucks. More I read about him, more I like him for his giving to community.

Most millionaires don't even bother.

RIP

QFT.

Really feel for his daughter right now. 40 is far too young an age to die at. Hopefully the new movie will serve as a decent memory of him. Rest in peace mate, you brought my family countless hours of entertainment.

So, anyway, here's a pic of the accident scene courtesy of TMZ. Apparently that pile of rubble with a Porsche wheel in it is the car he died in.

As sad it is to see him pass away and leave behind a daughter... does anyone else see this as really ironic?

Super Not Cosmo:
So, anyway, here's a pic of the accident scene courtesy of TMZ. Apparently that pile of rubble with a Porsche wheel in it is the car he died in.

As tragic as this story is a question needs to be raised..... How does billions of dollars into engineering for car safety and strength get beaten by the humble wood bearing tree? Is this GTA physics at work?

Geez the irony is strong

That really sucks. Especially with the charity event and all. Can't say I was a fan but it always sucks when people die so young. Did his friend lose control? Did somebody else crash into them? Do we have details?

Also, I fully expect people to make fun of the fact that he was so popular for car movies and then died in a car accident.

Epic_Bubble:

Super Not Cosmo:

As tragic as this story is a question needs to be raised..... How does billions of dollars into engineering for car safety and strength get beaten by the humble wood bearing tree? Is this GTA physics at work?

Geez the irony is strong

My guess is there was a crazy amount of speed involved. They were driving a Porsche Carerra and those things top out around 200 mph.

Super Not Cosmo:

Epic_Bubble:

Super Not Cosmo:

Geez the irony is strong

My guess is there was a crazy amount of speed involved. They were driving a Porsche Carerra and those things top out around 200 mph.

Looking at the car in the picture above, I doubt they can even get a body out of that. The car looks like some sort of amalgamated mess. I'd have thought that it would rip straight through the tree.

Skeleon:
That really sucks. Especially with the charity event and all. Can't say I was a fan but it always sucks when people die so young. Did his friend lose control? Did somebody else crash into them? Do we have details?

Also, I fully expect people to make fun of the fact that he was so popular for car movies and then died in a car accident.

According to news reports his friend lost control at the wheel and they both died. he was a rare man and a good person and whill be sadly missed

Hazzard:
Looking at the car in the picture above, I doubt they can even get a body out of that. The car looks like some sort of amalgamated mess. I'd have thought that it would rip straight through the tree.

You don't give trees nearly enough credit. In the many clashes of tree vs car it's a rare thing to see a tree lose. On a related note trees are pretty damn good at the game of Chicken too.

I guess he was...
TOO FAST AND FURIOUS

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Meet ya guys in hell... I'll be waiting there.
But seriously, it's pretty fucking ironic.
And also cars are evil.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or