Lionhead Studios Reveals Fable Anniversary Release Date and Bonus Content

Lionhead Studios Reveals Fable Anniversary Release Date and Bonus Content

Fable Anniversary

The HD remake of Fable will release next February, with first edition copies getting bonus outfits and weapons.

Still bummed out over the delay of Lionhead Studios' Fable Anniversary? Not to worry, your wait is almost over. The HD remake of the 2004 Xbox and PC title is launching on February 4, 2014 in North America, February 6 in Asia, and finally, February 7 in Europe. That means less than two months remain until you can reclaim the title of Chicken Chaser and take on Jack of Blades all over again.

Day-one buyers of the Xbox 360 exclusive will be rewarded for their patience. First-edition copies of Fable Anniversary will include a code for the downloadable Launch Day Weapons and Outfits pack, the contents of which are detailed on Lionhead's blog:

-Scythe's Outfit
-Black Graduate Outfit
-Red Prophet Outfit
-Blue Guard Outfit
-Red Guard Outfit
-Lute Weapon
-Will User's Sceptre Weapon

And if you're more concerned about your own avatar than how your Fable protagonist looks, you'll be happy to know that an avatar award in the form of a lion's head helmet is also included.

The Lionhead Studios blog also has a glimpse of some updated screenshots, which are promising. It's hard to believe it's been almost ten years since Fable was originally released; it was one of the reasons I got an Xbox, and I've been a fan of the series ever since, despite its missteps. I'm actually more excited about Fable Anniversary than I am Fable Legends, and you better believe I will be using that bonus Lute to smash my enemies to pieces.

Source: Lionhead Studios

Ahhh, Fable. A series with such promise. Sure it had its rough edges but, overall, it wasn't bad for the start of a series. Too bad that series would plunge deeper and deeper into the lavatory as installments came and went...

As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of later Fable games. The first one is a go, however. I might pick up the HD remake once it goes on Steam sales or something.

God I remember not only taking a day off for this game, but actually taking my Xbox to my cousins house and hooking it to another TV so we could play in tandem and compare experiences, in the same room at that. It was short but sweet, but dammit finding a whole set of "good" platemail was a pain in the ass back then.

I love the original Fable; the other Fable games not so much. As someone who bought The Lost Chapters, I'll be definitely be checking out Fable Anniversary though.

Well I can see myself getting an Xbox 360 slim during the janurary sales along with my sights on this in the future that's for sure.

Well this is the game that would actually cause me to grab my Xbox 360 and turn it on. I mean it'd be fun to play this.

Can't wait. Always wanted to play the original, I love Fable 2 & 3, and it's coming out right before my birthday. Hella sweet.

Well I'll definitely be picking that up on PC when it's out. I love the original Fable.

Kungfu_Teddybear:
Well I'll definitely be picking that up on PC when it's out. I love the original Fable.

I hate (do I?) to be the one to break this to you, but there's no PC version of Fable HD. They didn't rule it out, but they're not developing it.

oh thats a buy for sure!

INeedAName:
Ahhh, Fable. A series with such promise. Sure it had its rough edges but, overall, it wasn't bad for the start of a series. Too bad that series would plunge deeper and deeper into the lavatory as installments came and went...

As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of later Fable games. The first one is a go, however. I might pick up the HD remake once it goes on Steam sales or something.

You do realize that this is a 360 exclusive, right? As much as I hate to admit that

Adam Jensen:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

I hate (do I?) to be the one to break this to you, but there's no PC version of Fable HD. They didn't rule it out, but they're not developing it.

Ah, so it is. I misread the "The HD remake of the 2004 Xbox and PC title" as in it was coming out on both. Balls.

Fable: TLC: Xbox/PC.
Fable 2: 360 Exclusive
Fable 3: PC/360

I just want Fable 2 on PC. It will never happen because Microsoft, but I can dream.

Relive your disappointment as if it were yesterday!

My first RPG, may have to pick this up just for the nostalgia.

Looking forward to this, I loved Fable The Lost Chapters, Fable 2 was great too, but Fable 3 not so much.

1Life0Continues just borrow a xbox 360 from a friend and buy the game used online, it's worth it :)

Oh hey that's pretty neat! The firt Fable and The Lost Chapters were a fun, if simple RPG to play through on the PC and...

Sarah LeBoeuf:

Day-one buyers of the Xbox 360 exclusive

...nevermind. First Halo, then this. :(

Consoles and exclusivity has to be the most inane practice in gaming. I really want consoles to die off so we don't have this exclusive bullshit anymore. One unified platform (ideally the PC) would mean competition between games instead of platforms. That's what gaming should be about.

But I digress, I'm disappointed this wont be on PC. I'll wait and hope it comes here eventually.

INeedAName:

Actually, I may be in the minority, but Fable 2 was my favorite one. It was a larger world, the combat was more fun and I personally thought the writing was solid, with a lot of wit spread throughout. RPG mechanics were stripped down, which was a huge disappointment, but I still thought it was a better overall game.

pre-ordered it months ago, then went an replayed all 3 fables just because. words cannot express how excited I am for this game.

Sucks it's an exclusive since I just got rid of my 360 for an Xbone. I hope it comes out on PC (or even Xbox One) eventually. Even if not, I can probably pick the PC version of Lost Chapters up for $10 or less.

This is one of those rare cases where the first installment is the best in the series. I loved the first one, and hated the sequels, so I'm definitely going on a nostalgia trip when this comes out.

Bleidd Whitefalcon:

INeedAName:

You do realize that this is a 360 exclusive, right? As much as I hate to admit that

Ah, I missed that. The "The HD remake of the 2004 Xbox and PC title" part threw me off the loop.

What they should have done for part of the bonus content is rerelease the Sword of Aeons as it was in the original. It used to do an insanely nasty 550 damage but it got cut by a litte more than half so as to make the TLC expansion somewhat of a challenge. While it was still one the best, if not thee best, longswords in the game, I wish there was a way to have the sword do as much damage as it did in the original. With the SoA nerfed, it loses some of its significance.

Preordered months ago!
(Only reason I've kept hold of my 360!)

I'll be hunting the frying pan in February!

Another Fable game that I *would* play but can't and won't. I haven't owned a gaming console since the original 8-Bit Nintendo. I need a PC for communication, media, and business. My 2 year old PC plays games better than any console on the market, including the PS4 and Xbone.

I don't need a console so any game that comes out as a "console exlusive" is a series that I stop playing. I really enjoyed the first Fable. I never played any of the others. Now that Fable 2 is a bit dated, I am not likely to ever play it, even if they did release it for PC. This also means that any releases post-Fable 2 are ones that I will also not pick up since the *series* is console exclusive (even though some installments are not).

"Console exclusive" is shorthand for "dead series."

I will get this, make no mistake about it. The first Fable was miles above the rest, and I loved that game. But I am still holding out hopes that they will also release this on the Xbox One, as I would rather buy it for that, if I had the choice. But yeah, after the first Fable, the series started sliding. The dog in the second Fable worked, and was truly phenomenal, but that was the best part of Fable II. I will also admit I am looking forward to the new installment, if for no other reason than it reminds me of my old paper, pencil, and dice days of Dungeons and Dragons, ala a Dungeon Master.

1Life0Continues:

I just want Fable 2 on PC. It will never happen because Microsoft, but I can dream.

Here is a *possible* solution.... I didnt own a PS2, but a friend got me hooked on God of War. I simply borrowed their console, bought God of War and played the game and beat it on the borrowed console. Maybe you could find a buddy that has a console you could borrow?

1Life0Continues:

Yeah, screw this anniversary bullshit. Give us our PC Fable 2!

Long have I awaited this moment. I won't buy this masterpiece for a single penny less than 40.00!

Or...I might just chin the whole thing off and go play Skyrim instead.

The original Fable was actually rather fun to play and go through, so I might go through and do this again if only for nostalgia's sake.

Why can't these fuckbuckets thus forgo all this bullshit "download this" or "day-one buyer bonus" or "enter in this code to unlock" and just put EVERYTHING on the fucking disk?!?! I am so sick of these extra loopholes that serve no purpose for me, they are a constant source of annoyance not just now but also years down the line when you want to replay the game and you have to go through this bullshit all over again.

I LOVE the first Fable game despite it not being a proper port for the PC and I would LOVE to have a HD version of it so I could replay it once more with even better graphics. But I'm not going to, you're not getting my money, I'm not buying this because I already know now that I'll be missing out on stuff just because I don't want to fuck around with downloads and codes and day-one bullshit.

So fuck you Lionhead, stick your fable up your ass!

Gaming should be made easier, with less hassles, less loopholes, less treating idiots who rush out with more stuff. Am I less of a customer just because I didn't buy your product on launch day but a week later? That would be fucked up all on its own but we are talking digital goods here, it literally costs you nothing to just have this stuff on the disk accessible without jumping through hoops and you'll have a better product for all your customers. Why do you want us to hate you? Why does this industry keep doing this shit?

Seriously, fuck every goddamn company that pulls this shit, fuck every last one of them.

I feel much better knowing I'm not the only one who found the first game endearing, and the rest much less enjoyable >_>

It's like they were made by two completely different groups. The feel/storyline quality/character quality etc just kept getting worse with each installment (imo)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here