"Cthuken" Creator Says It Tastes Better Than It Looks

Pages 1 2 NEXT

"Cthuken" Creator Says It Tastes Better Than It Looks

Cthuken

The man who cooked up the horrific "Chtuken" holiday meal that's making the rounds today says it actually turned out to be quite tasty.

If you spend any time at all following the goings-on of the social networking scene, you will likely have seen at some point today the "Cthuken," a god-awful mess of a holiday meal that looks like an Alien face-hugger with an octopus mouth and some kind of tentacle-type appendage coming out of its arse. It's all perfectly edible footstuff but I don't think I could stand to be in the same room with the thing, much less chow down on it. I mean, good God, just look at it.

Yet according to Rusty Eulberg, who created the gastro-monstrosity two years ago as a unique holiday meal with his wife (and big-time Cthulhu fan) Jennifer Robledo, it's all perfectly harmless, off-the-shelf stuff. "We went and bought some crab legs and some octopus and bacon and cooked them all separate and slapped them together on a plate, and that was it," he told Gothamist. "It was delicious. The crab leg was awesome and the bacon added a nice flavor to the turkey. And for added horror, the serving platter is an old Nazi plate with a Swastika on the bottom that a friend bought in an old abandoned Luftwaffe base in Germany."

Eulberg and Robledo followed up on the "Cthurkey," as they called it (there was no duck, thus no Cthuken), with the Cthicken, which was essentially the same thing but with a chicken instead of a turkey and squid in place of octopus. And now that the photos have blown up on the internet, he said they might try to top it with a "full-on Cthulhu-themed dinner next Halloween. I don't know how we can make the turkey better, but maybe we can make tentacle cupcakes with gummy works. And maybe deep fry the whole thing."

Source: Gothamist

What a wonderful gift for his wife.

well then. it certainly does have something in common with cthulhu.. its something that will haunt my dreams and thoughts for the rest of my life. somethings you just cant unsee

I don't know, I think I would be fine eating that.

If only because that's the only way to be sure it's dead.

Elf Defiler Korgan:

Nothing says "I love you" like lost sanity points.

Oh my God. Lol that is horrible.

Zachary Amaranth:

Elf Defiler Korgan:

I could not agree more. I spend a lot of time watching horror movies with my dark-eyed lady.

Last night, REC (2007). It is very good.

I took one look at the picture and went "HOLY SHIT!". No thank you, I just wouldn't be able to get near the thing. It's just me. Just.. no.

Wear it as a hat.

dylanmc12:
Wear it as a hat.

That would be a cool hat, but then again, that's a Crab with a Squid stuffed into it. So it'll probably be messy.

OT: Yeah, not a fan of Sea food, and it looks terrifying.

I am quite terrified, and oddly interested in this. Well, I'm going to go sort out my feelings now.

As a fan of seafood, I would eat the hell out of that.

I mean, octopus stuffed crab! How have I not eaten this yet? The Lovecraft themes are a bonus.

lacktheknack:

I mean, octopus stuffed crab! How have I not eaten this yet? The Lovecraft themes are a bonus.

For realsies. My seafood craving brain isn't even registering Cthulu,all I see is delicious CRAB and KALAMARI.

piinyouri:

lacktheknack:

For realsies. My seafood craving brain isn't even registering Cthulu,all I see is delicious CRAB and KALAMARI.

And with bacon on it? Man, I don't want mah turkey anymore.

Being from Greece, I love eating Octopus and sea foods in general.
not scary at all. Just very well put together to create a new monster for our Nightmare.
Taste, taste nightmares....

That is delicious looking food. All I see is food.

It is not proper to merely serve the Cthuken on a bed of evil... it must be served on a bed of evil and lettuce. EVIL AND LETTUCE.

That thing looks substantially less horrifying than a regular lobster or crab, and people actually eat those. I'd eat the octopus part though.

I love it! But...I'd never eat it.

Wrapped in bacon? OK, I'm game to try some. Add some blood pudding to the meal and some tongue, cow probably, I'm getting hungry.

Andy Chalk:
The man who cooked up the horrific "Chtuken" holiday meal that's making the rounds today says it actually turned out to be quite tasty.

"Cthuken". anyway, just wanted to get that fixed. nothing else to add, really.
i'd try it, but not being a huge meat-eater, personally, i probably wouldn't find it too spectacular. it certainly doesn't win any points in aesthetic appeal.

I'll be the first to say it.
Headcrab.

Hey, look! someone else figured out how to make qagh... and make it palatable for humans.

If Cthulhu ever rises to devour us all, he might realize to HIS horror, that he isn't the end but simply a delicacy :)
I especially look at you china!

I just sent this to a friend over steam who just told me he was eating crumpets.

I don't think he is eating crumpets anymore.

I dunno...I mean, if you've considered how most poultry these days actually is produced before it reaches the consumer, it's actually not the grossest thing in the world.

Chicken nuggets anyone? I'll give you a hint: it involves a machine disturbingly similar to a woodchipper.

Zachary Amaranth:

Elf Defiler Korgan:

I lost most of mine right around the time the words "I do" came out of my mouth.

Okay. A roast turkey, some king crab legs, and some octopus tentacles. In my adventures through the world I've eaten all of these. I found them all delicious. And considering I am a rabid Lovecraft fan I find he somewhat incongruous combination wonderfully fascinating as well.

He should have hidden a little motor inside or underneath to make it jerk and vibrate every now and then.

I now know what I'm bringing to my office's next goodie day.

Scars Unseen:

I lost most of mine right around the time the words "I do" came out of my mouth.

This is why The One Ring is a terrible wedding symbol.

'Honey! Another portal to the Eldritch realms just opened up in the oven!'
'Oh bloody hell, not again!'

Zachary Amaranth:

Elf Defiler Korgan:

Is it THAT much crazier than stuffing three different kinds of birds into each other?

...................Yeah. It is. xD

Daaaah Whoosh:
I don't know, I think I would be fine eating that.

If only because that's the only way to be sure it's dead.

Remember.
You are what you eat. xD

Imp Emissary:

Is it THAT much crazier than stuffing three different kinds of birds into each other?

...................Yeah. It is. xD

It is, but in fairness Turducken already struck me as a ridiculously crazy idea.

Remember.
You are what you eat. xD

No wonder I'm a hobo.

You all do realize that somebody somewhere will make one of those and have sex with it right?

Sweet dreams. ;)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or