Pokemon X and Y's First Legendary Distribution is Celebi

Pokemon X and Y's First Legendary Distribution is Celebi

celebi image

You can get Celebi by downloading Pokemon Bank before September 2014.

Pokemon Bank, the cloud service that lets you store a large amount of Pokemon online, and its companion app, Pokemon Transporter, which lets you transfer Pokemon from Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to X and Y, will launch on December 27 in the US. To celebrate, Nintendo has announced that its launch will also accompany the game's first legendary Pokemon distribution event: Celebi.

As long as you download the app prior to September 2014, a free Celebi will be automatically be placed in your bank. You can then transfer it to your game by launching the Pokemon Link feature from the game menu.

The special event Celebi will have the moves Hold Back, Recover, Heal Bell and Safeguard. Hold Back is a move that cannot be learned during normal gameplay. It is similar to False Swipe, where it will always leave the target Pokémon with no less than 1 HP. The Celebi will be level 10 and have the Ability Natural Cure.

The Pokemon Bank service requires a yearly subscription of $5, and allows you to store up to allows you to 3,000 Pokemon. If this seems a little bit rich to you, and you just want to utilize the service to bring over your Gen V Pokemon, don't fret, the service (including the Pokemon Transporter) will have a free trial period, from when it launches until January 31.

Source: Nintendo

Well looks like I'll have 2 Celebis then. I've got the 10th Anniversary Celebi in my Pokemon White game as well.

Welp, JWittz's girlfriend will be happy, she likes Celebi.

I wouldn't mind a fairy-onion, myself. Speaking of which, it seems fitting to change it from Psychic/Grass to Fairy/Grass, I wonder if they did?

Bulbapedia says no, as of now, but I'm not even sure if they can find that out for sure, yet without those hacker-types like that which found the legendary trio.

As for the bank, all I want it for is to transport my valued Pokemon, and possibly to quickly rid my boxes of my many level 1 Skarmorys...

Looks interesting, though outside of the Celebi I don't think I'll really use the bank all that much. The price does seem reasonable.

Move all my stuff on Black (which all traces back to Ruby through Diamond) to X and Y and get a Celebi in the process? Well Nintendo I was gonna get the Pokebank anyway but thanks for giving me stuff. I appreciate it.

Very excited about this. Celebi is way underdistributed. And they made it really easy this time around. Speaking as one of those crazy completionists, this is something I needed.

5 bucks? Awesome, I'm definitely buying this.

I already have three (legit!) Celebis. What they need to do is distribute Manaphy and Phione because I'm pretty sure there's no way to get them right now without transferring them across at least three separate games.

I know there's the one from Ranger that you get in the egg...what gen does that transfer to?

Ooho, I'm pretty darn happy about this.
Celebi's always been my number one favorite legendary yet I've never had one in game.
I hope I get some Good IV's and a positive nature.

Uratoh:
I know there's the one from Ranger that you get in the egg...what gen does that transfer to?

You are thinking about the Manaphy Egg from Pokemon Ranger, as there was never a Celebi egg available in the Ranger series to my knowledge. The Manaphy Egg transfers into the Gen IV Pokemon games (Diamond, Peral, Platinum).

I'm pretty sure they included footage of Reshiram in the trailer because they knew I was watching. I ended up being more excited about that then getting a Celebi. I guess it's because I already have one, but it's cool to get another Celebi too.

All I know is that I'm gonna pull a Noah and get at least two of every Pokemon into the Pokemon Bank, and at least 100 of my GTS Reshirams.

Eliwood10:
I already have three (legit!) Celebis. What they need to do is distribute Manaphy and Phione because I'm pretty sure there's no way to get them right now without transferring them across at least three separate games.

Totally worth it when I did that. If you want it then take the time to do it. I'm not waiting for Nintendo to release it as a WiFi download.

OT: Yay free Pokemon for a service I was going to be using anyway :D

OMG YES! Celebi is the only remaining mystery event pokemon from Gen's I to V that I don't have a legit copy of, when this comes out my collection will finally be complete :-D

JoJo:
OMG YES! Celebi is the only remaining mystery event pokemon from Gen's I to V that I don't have a legit copy of, when this comes out my collection will finally be complete :-D

Lies! Nobody "completes" Pokemon ;)

Woooo!
Celebi!

Although that being said the legend I haven't been able to get my hands on is Darkrai...
I needs me one of those.... >.>

And Cresellia too now that I think about it...

But yay! Celebi!

Sweet, Celebi is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

TimeLord:

JoJo:

Say that to my National Dex bro XD

JoJo:

So you have bought every piece of clothing? Got all the items? Beaten the entire Battle Mansion? And become the world champion in every tier?

Goliath100:

JoJo:

So you have bought every piece of clothing? Got all the items? Beaten the entire Battle Mansion? And become the world champion in every tier?

Yes. I also caught the Mew under the truck, collected every form of Missingno and went to space to catch Deoxys. After you do all of those and upload them to your Gen VI games, Professor Oak will appear and present you with a Lvl 150 Mewthree.

When does Pokemon Bank launch in UK? Is it same as US on 27th Dec? Anyone know? Please?

ShadowGandalf01:
When does Pokemon Bank launch in UK? Is it same as US on 27th Dec? Anyone know? Please?

Yeah, it's 27th for UK, the rest of Europe and Australia too. The lucky Japanese and Koreans get it two days earlier on the 25th >.>

JoJo:

ShadowGandalf01:

Yeah, it's 27th for UK, the rest of Europe and Australia too. The lucky Japanese and Koreans get it two days earlier on the 25th >.>

Thank you for your speedy response.

So you get the free Celebi even if you use only the trial and don't pay for the full thing? Good deal.

Eliwood10:

Yeah, Manaphy and Phione are the last two Pokemon I am really missing. There are a couple more that aren't in my Dex, like needing a grass stone to evolve a Ludicolo, or actually getting off my butt and going to catch a Heatran, but all of those things are actually possible in the games I have, just so far have been more effort than they're worth. Manaphy and Phione are legitimately impossible for me to get, as I don't have Pokemon Ranger.

JoJo:

Goliath100:

JoJo:

Yes. I also caught the Mew under the truck, collected every form of Missingno and went to space to catch Deoxys. After you do all of those and upload them to your Gen VI games, Professor Oak will appear and present you with a Lvl 150 Mewthree.

Is it 1998 again? WHY ALL THE LIES, JOJO!?

OT: I am just waiting for them to give away Mew :O

Neat. I recently did a head-count of all the legendaries I have in preparation of Pokemon Bank, and Celebi is one of the few that I don't have.

TimeLord:

JoJo:

But...but the Game Freak Director in Pokemon Ruby gave me the certificate of completing the Pokedex...and so did the one in Fire Red. D:
All of them were legit too. D:
*hugs my copies of Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Colosseum, and XD Gale of Darkness*

Fappy:

It's true I tell you, you also can't forget the fusion evolutions as well! XD
Also, I think it'd be rude to show off my event Mew from Toys R Us to you then...

The one I'm missing though is a stupid Genesect because I didn't get Black and White 2 until later. T^T

Meh, that legendary Pokemon is not worth getting the bank eventhough I know I get still get it as a trail (my core collection is in Diamond so it will take time to transfer all of them onto White and then onto the bank!).

Fappy:

JoJo:

Goliath100:

I got my Mew in 2010 when they did the SoulSilver/HeartGold WiFi event. Love my little Mew and can't wait to get it into Y

Neronium:

TimeLord:

JoJo:

But...but the Game Freak Director in Pokemon Ruby gave me the certificate of completing the Pokedex...and so did the one in Fire Red. D:
All of them were legit too. D:
*hugs my copies of Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Colosseum, and XD Gale of Darkness*

Fappy:

It's true I tell you, you also can't forget the fusion evolutions as well! XD
Also, I think it'd be rude to show off my event Mew from Toys R Us to you then...

The one I'm missing though is a stupid Genesect because I didn't get Black and White 2 until later. T^T

I believe I have a spare 3 Genesect's because I own all 4 gen 5 games and like to horde event Pokemon. Can I tempt you with a trade?

TimeLord:

I believe I have a spare 3 Genesect's because I own all 4 gen 5 games and like to horde event Pokemon. Can I tempt you with a trade?

What would thoust request oh mighty Mod? A Jirachi from Colosseum? The Lugia from XD Gale of Darkness? The Ho-oh from Colosseum? XD

Neronium:

TimeLord:

What would thoust request oh mighty Mod? A Jirachi from Colosseum? The Lugia from XD Gale of Darkness? The Ho-oh from Colosseum? XD

A Colosseum Bonus Disc Jirachi?

TimeLord:

A Colosseum Bonus Disc Jirachi?

There was a reason why I kept the disc. Not only that, but my friend did as well, so that's a lot of Jirachis we have.

TimeLord:
I got my Mew in 2010 when they did the SoulSilver/HeartGold WiFi event.

I got mine exploiting a glitch in first gen Blue. Does that count?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here