Anchorman Co-Star Set To Play Marvel's Ant-Man

Pages PREV 1 2 3

There are two benefits to coming to a geek-related site.

The first is getting geek-related news; the second is getting geek related news without the sneering condescension so often found in the mainstream press. I don't need anyone telling me the stuff I like is considered stupid by the mainstream, I can get that anywhere. In the future please be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

I thought I was going to have to come here to defend Antman, but I'm just one of many I see. I have to say that I am ecstatic that they cast Paul Rudd. He can basically play himself (what he does in every movie) and he will be a great fit for the character. Hank Pym is also one of the most intelligent people on the planet. That juice is also responsible for Giant Man, a part of Hank Pym's life that is undeniably important and he was integral to saving the world many times. I can't wait, this is gonna be awesome. One thing that is important to understand is he isn't the musclebound oaf many of them come off to be. Thor and Hulk are excellent smashers, Iron Man blows shit up with awesome weapons, but he is subtle and cunning, which makes him a vastly different character from the previous marvel movies. I can't wait.

Souplex:
I am deeply saddened that Simon Pegg isn't playing Ant Man.
If he did, Nick Frost could play the Wasp.

Thank you for that mental image.

OT: This article was a bit misinformed, to say the least. As other people have pointed out, Hank Pym (A.K.A Ant-Man) is a founding member of the Avengers. And his powers allow him to change into any size (he can also turn into a giant).

That's not to say this movie won't be a though sale, especially if this is how the general public sees Ant-Man.

As a non comic book reader, I welcome a movie about a lesser known superhero. I've just about had enough of Spiderman, Superman and Batman... it's a nice change to have someone else take the lead. What piques my interest is having Wright direct it and Rudd as Pym. I like the former's unique directing style and the latter is a funny and charismatic actor.

To the question of which ant-man rudd will be playing, IMDB lists him as playing Hank Pym which sounds awesome to me

Ant-Man has always been a male if memory serves. Think only like 3 people have doned the outfit, and one was a thief that stole it from the original Hank Pym. Unless you're thinking about Janet Pym, aka Wasp, who was never Ant-man, but his wife. Who he beat, like, a lot. Yeah, Ant-Man's defining characteristic in comics is a spouse abuser. Kinda hoping they don't bring that up like they did Iron Man's alcoholism.

First you insult Ant Man, then you insult Aquaman in the same thread. You have just made a lot of comic book fans as your enemies.
I still don't understand why people think Aquamans ability to control fish is lame, the guy can literally summon up Cthulu from the bottom of the ocean and make him devour your soul if he wants.

I am amazed with Chalk's brilliant analysis of the internet mind. With one snarky, badly-researched insult-driven article, he has just pushed an unreleased movie into fervent 'must-see' territory for an entire forum group. I applaud you, sir.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here