Dev: Final Fantasy X-3 Could Happen With Fan Demand

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Dev: Final Fantasy X-3 Could Happen With Fan Demand

Final Fantasy X HD screenshot

The series scenario writer says he would "personally like to see a sequel" when recently interviewed.

A second sequel to Final Fantasy X could happen with enough fan interest, according to Kazushige Nojima, scenario writer for the series. Nojima was recently interviewed for the "Ultimania" companion book, published to commemorate the Japanese release of HD versions of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. "If there's enough demand, then we may possibly see new developments," Nojima was quoted as saying. "I would personally like to see a sequel like X-3." The remastered, HD versions of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 were released earlier this week in Japan for the Vita and PS3, with an American launch set to follow on March 18. A European release is set for March 21.

If you're a fan of Tidus and company, Nojima's words may give you even more reason to pick up Square's latest version of the game. Final Fantasy X-2 was, after all, the game that broke the franchise's rule of never creating a direct sequel to a prior installment. This trend has been followed by both Final Fantasy XII, with the DS game Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, and most recently with the upcoming Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, the second sequel to 2010's Final Fantasy XIII.

Source: Siliconera

*eye twitch* No. Stop. Bad. Make my final fantasy 6 or 9 remake you bastards. Enough psuedo j-pop lookalike creatures. I want my fantasy quirky, medieval and full of strange steam punk and weird random humanoid things.

Much human. Very generic. Many disappoint.

10 was done. It was contained, it was a good story if slightly tragic. If you have to pick a sequel fodder, use a final fantasy that had a GOOD universe to expand upon! The stories you told were good! Leave them the fuck alone and focus maybe on their great great descendant person.

Otherwise give me my fan service in remaking a good final fantasy with flashy graphics. I'll take 7 if you really really need to print money that badly.

Where do I demand it? 'cause I'd do that in a heartbeat.

It depends what it is.

I will definately buy a saga of Auron, Jecht and Braska's journey.

I will not buy a sequel to X-2.

Please...please no...

One FFX game was more than enough...

I'm really not liking this weird sequel trend square has towards FF games lately...

Bad game with an even worse spin off. Of course people want a "sequel"...

Captcha: love me

No, just no...

But all the fan clamour in the world won't make them do a FF7 remake, even though it's a license to print money.

Or release the DS remakes on any other console besides mobiles...

Or stop making FFXIII spinoffs...

I would only buy it if it retconed some of the stuff that happened in Final Fantasy X-2. I'm one of those people who found X-2 to be okay, but some of the shit it pulled pissed me off. For example, the way they changed Blitz Ball...>.>

Now if anything I'd like my Final Fantasy XII International HD remake that you hinted at Square, because then you'd have fully rendered all the imports I've gotten from you useless. Well that and I really love XII and my modified PS2 isn't gonna last forever sadly.

I would buy a PS4 for another FFX game.

X and X-2 are both in my favorite games of all time. More, please!

Final Fantasy X was nicely contained though! I don't plan on playing X-2 until I get the HD remake and even then I only consider that to be a side-story more than anything because to Hell with canon.

Squeenix...I don't want a third X...I don't know if there was demand for a second X. Could you maybe do something else? Like de-make the PSX games and put them on handhelds maybe? Imagine it for a second; FF7, 8 and/or 9 in the style of 6. I would buy it and I know I'm not the only one. The same but different...in a good way that isn't an unnecessary sequel.

Well I think X-2 is the best game evar, so a sequel to it would be bought in an instant.
Square, Make it happen.

Remake FF7, 8 and 9 HD first because thats what fans demand jackasses... FFX2 was horribad, why would we want FFX3?

*confession bear voice*

I liked X and X-2. Where do I demand X-3?

X-3, eh?

I'd buy it. And possibly the next gen console it's released for. Hey, it's gonna be a few years out if it does happen, so I might as well jump into the new consoles around that time.

Really Square? I mean, I was one of the people who liked X-2, I got a lot of playtime on it trying to 100% (Never did manage it by the way, the twentieth playthrough with me confused as to what I was missing sort of sucked the fun out of it) but it is not the most popular one and the universe should just end. Let it die.

Also, fan demand? What the hell is wrong with you guys? We've been demanding modernised remakes of FF 7 for years now. Hell, I'm sure you could find strong support for FF 1 through 9, way more than a demand for a sequel to one of the less well received ones. The only stumbling block really would be the question of what to do about voice acting.

I absolutely loved X, I liked X-2 except for the ridiculous 100% completion to get a few extra seconds of cutscene at the end.

I wouldn't mind X-3 but I see no need for it. I don't even know where you'd go.

Someone mentioned following Jecht, Auron, and Braska. I would dig on that hardcore. They already proved they can make a 3 character roster work well enough with X-2. Do it again with these 3 and I'm on board.

2HF:
Someone mentioned following Jecht, Auron, and Braska. I would dig on that hardcore. They already proved they can make a 3 character roster work well enough with X-2. Do it again with these 3 and I'm on board.

I'd be on board with that as well.

OT: I liked X-2 but I can definitely see why people didn't and seriously, give us fucking XV and move on already, stop with the sequels.

This is bizarre. I always hear people wanting a FF7 remake, and I'm sure that a sequel to FF6, a modernized FF4 sequel, or a proper new Final Fantasy Tactics would sell like gangbusters, but they want to make a 2nd sequel to FFX or FFXIII, which were two of them less well-loved games. I just don't understand that company.

FFX was a decent game, but it was also the depature from a style of RPG that I loved from Square. It was the first in the new generation that is still being slogged through and forced down our throats. I, like thousands of others, dream of the day they finally relent and give us what we've been asking for, 6, 7, 8 and 9 remastered.

Honestly, they could just focus on that for the next 6 years and print money.

Seriously. Who would demand it? The games were shit:
-badly voice acted (I don't care if Japanese version was better I don't have access to such things, neither do I understand the language)
-the plot was really awful and had holes you could drive a planetary body through (Sephiroth reference swing and a miss)
-The games were filled to the brim with awful design decision
-It wasn't Meg Rayan's story I mean It wasn't Tidus's story...
-X-2 is not a method to name a fucking sequel, how can you have sequal of a sequel!
-The fucking camera director had some kind of obsession on ass shots. The both games!
-X-2 was just fan service, better the costume (How the fuck does a costume gain levels? How the fuck do they change your skill set?!!?!?!)
- FUCK BLITZBALL! FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCKIT! Burn the person who the fuck thought it was a good idea or make it a core part of the game!!! FUCK YOU!!!

Only redeeming factor was X's combat system was functional and good.
Also Auron... Auron was a best thing in the game.

But why the hell would you do XIII-2 and then X-3! Why would you go back? Or did you finally realize that the XIII was a shit game.

unLucky500:
But all the fan clamour in the world won't make them do a FF7 remake, even though it's a license to print money.

I think that they don't want to make a remake of FFVII because this game, while not being bad, is not exactly good. Character design is nice, materia system is convinient, but everything else... Nah. But if they really DO remake it and people say "it's not what I wanted" it will be, of course, not because FFVII is mediocre, but because SE is "Big Evil Corporation". Well, they are, but that's not the point.

OT: No. As much as I liked FFX, please no. FFX-2 was trash (battle system and dresspheres aside), so no thank you. The only game they can try to make is a prequel, but I can't see them doing it without adding unnecessary plotlines, characters etc. just to make this game long enough to be considered big AAA 60$ game.

FFX is done. Square Enix should concentrate on a)making FFXV good or b) going all in and making brand new RPG. They are slowly dying, why not take the chance?

Oh please let these remakes be a flop!

VMK:
FFX is done. Square Enix should concentrate on a)making FFXV good or b) going all in and making brand new RPG. They are slowly dying, why not take the chance?

This! This! this and this!

As a FFX fan and someone who...is ok with FFX-2, let me say this.

AHEM.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... so on an no forth.

FFX was contained. It had a story focused on characters who had their arcs completed and universe at an end. It had some tragedy, but it was for the most part done. Gameplay was really good though.

FFX-2 while not terrible, was not very good. Gameplay was probably the most fun in a FF game, but story had a lot of poor points in it, with some spots of decent writing. But the story ended in a very final note (even if you only get the normal ending).

Please, leave X alone. It's very tired, and a bit on the pale side.

Neronium:
Now if anything I'd like my Final Fantasy XII International HD remake that you hinted at Square, because then you'd have fully rendered all the imports I've gotten from you useless. Well that and I really love XII and my modified PS2 isn't gonna last forever sadly.

Hinted at? They hinted at it you say!? Max pls, pls tell me you are not joking!

SkarKrow:
It depends what it is.

Indeed, I really would love to go on the adventure of Braska and his guardians, show us Spira before the events of the story, see lil Yuna, it would be interesting. It would be a great lore friendly addition to the FFX universe.

A sequel...no, the story of Yuna and her guardians is done, if they do make it a sequel...I dunno what they could do.

Even hardcore final fantasy fans kind of deny X-2s existence.
Why would you even think of making a sequel to that of all things.
Go make an hd version of 9 or something.
Not enough people played 9 and the ps1 version is plagued by terrible technical issues and design decisions.
You don't need to create an entire 3d world, just HD character models on painted HD backgrounds with some quality of life changes and done is the HD version. Not everything has to be a huge AAA project with a budget of 20 million blown on making the main characters hair look shiny.

10 didn't need a sequel.
13 didn't need 2 sequels.
Stop.

TizzytheTormentor:

Neronium:

Nope, in an interview a couple months ago one of the people asked if a FF VII HD remake would be made after the X and X-2 HD collection was released, and they said that if they are making another one it'd more than likely be one for Final Fantasy XII. :3

I knows my stuff about FF XII Tizzy, don't you doubt me! >.<

Ha ha ha, if there's enough demand, yea right...oh god there's actually people who want this...

Excuse me while my inner child ties a noose around his neck, hangs himself and then with his last breath puts a gun to his head and pulls the trigger.
He's now in a better place, where the possibility of a FFX-3 doesn't exist.

TizzytheTormentor:

Neronium:

SkarKrow:
It depends what it is.

Indeed, I really would love to go on the adventure of Braska and his guardians, show us Spira before the events of the story, see lil Yuna, it would be interesting. It would be a great lore friendly addition to the FFX universe.

A sequel...no, the story of Yuna and her guardians is done, if they do make it a sequel...I dunno what they could do.

Gotta say I agree, that story really ended in FFX, 2 was uneccessary even if it does have awesome combat.

How about FF7, you know, the one that got a few movies, has had several petitions for a remake, their characters and the game itself still held in high regards world wide?

So... 7? how about 7? You know what the fans want? FF7!!!!!!!

Neronium:
Nope, in an interview a couple months ago one of the people asked if a FF VII HD remake would be made after the X and X-2 HD collection was released, and they said that if they are making another one it'd more than likely be one for Final Fantasy XII. :3

I knows my stuff about FF XII Tizzy, don't you doubt me! >.<

That's great! I hope these HD remakes sell well, I really want FFXII International to be released in glorious HD! I would kill for it, especially since it is possibly my second favorite in the series. It has some flaws yes, but to me, all the flaws are outweighed by the positives.

SkarKrow:
Gotta say I agree, that story really ended in FFX, 2 was uneccessary even if it does have awesome combat.

Imagine it, story of Braska and his guardians with refined FFX-2 combat!

Also, instead of dress-spheres, how about something like weapon change? No flashy transformations, just a quick animation to change their weapon to suit the situation.

Igen:
How about FF7, you know, the one that got a few movies, has had several petitions for a remake, their characters and the game itself still held in high regards world wide?

The problem with that is, they would have to remake the entire game from the ground up, they can't use resources from the PS1.

Also, when it comes out, there will (guaranteed) be fans who claim its terrible and doesn't live up to the original.

I love Final Fantasy VII, I really do, probably my 3rd or 4th favorite, but it really won't turn heads nowadays, it was ground-breaking back in the day, if it was remade now, it won't be a head-turner like it used to be, despite is long lasting legacy...

TizzytheTormentor:

Igen:

The problem with that is, they would have to remake the entire game from the ground up, they can't use resources from the PS1.

Also, when it comes out, there will (guaranteed) be fans who claim its terrible and doesn't live up to the original.

I love Final Fantasy VII, I really do, probably my 3rd or 4th favorite, but it really won't turn heads nowadays, it was ground-breaking back in the day, if it was remade now, it won't be a head-turner like it used to be, despite is long lasting legacy...

They still have all the advent children models and city scape, every thing else from that as well, would be a nice starting point.

Though talk of FFXII remake might be nice, I actually enjoyed that one. Sadly still cant stomach playing FFXIII at all.

Well remaking a game isn't has hard as making a brand new game and even the amount of fans that will say ff7 is terrible in no where near the amount of fans that think FF-X and more so X-2 is down right terrible.

On this point I like to get the FF's basically collecting them at this point... I'll have to make sure I don't buy it anywhere near launch to promote another one of these.

TizzytheTormentor:

It's easier and cheaper than making a sequel to any game.

With a sequel you need writers, musicians, character design from the ground up, you need to create an entirely new world. You need everything creative done from scratch and once that's all done you need code.

With a FF7 remake all you need to do is put in the final work. The characters are already created, their stories are already written, the world already exists, the music is already in place (just use the higher quality versions). All the heavy creative lifting is done. All you need is code.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here