Update: Batman: Arkham Origins Cordially Invites You To Its Next DLC

Update: Batman: Arkham Origins Cordially Invites You To Its Next DLC

Batman Arkham Origins dlc invitation

Save the date - Gotham's finest will be ringing in the new year with a new Batman: Arkham Origins DLC.

Check your mailbox: everyone who's anyone in Gotham City has just been invited to the fanciest party in town. The Batman Arkham Facebook page and Twitter are posting these swanky invites, as a hint towards a new piece of DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins. The invitation itself doesn't say much, but of course it doesn't - the big reveal will probably happen at the main event.

So far, the DLC for Origins has been pretty unremarkable. The Season Pass includes some extra costumes and the Initiation pack released earlier this month, which contained a few challenge maps, but little story. There's one piece of DLC reserved for a new story campaign, and this could be it. But riddle me this - whose story will it tell?

One clue that a few Bat-fans have noticed is the topic of the invitation: a ceremony for some kind of humanitarian award. You may recall that, in the animated series, GothCorp CEO Ferris Boyle was being presented with a humanitarian award when the party was interrupted by Mr. Freeze in his debut appearance. Since we haven't yet seen his origins in the Arkham-verse, he could make for a cool DLC villain.

According to the invitation, the gala takes place this very night. We will of course be in attendance, and we'll let you know if anything happens.

Update:: A chilling turn of events! Someone was able to snap the picture below, just after an unknown guest broke the ice. Be on the lookout for the man known as Mr. Freeze!

Source: Batman Arkham

I can't get too excited for any Mr. Freeze that won't be voiced by the late and great Michael Ansara.

DLC? Would be nice if they fixed the bugs already but hey. My final fight with Bane is still broken, you can't hurt him and he can't hurt you.

Anyway I do like the game and the DLC is probably going to be decent, just the ludicrous amount of bugs on launch overshadow any future content.

Though the 1v100 challenge map was a really cool idea. Add a 1v200 and it would be even better. 1v1000 anyone?

The Wykydtron:
DLC? Would be nice if they fixed the bugs already but hey. My final fight with Bane is still broken, you can't hurt him and he can't hurt you.

Anyway I do like the game and the DLC is probably going to be decent, just the ludicrous amount of bugs on launch overshadow any future content.

Though the 1v100 challenge map was a really cool idea. Add a 1v200 and it would be even better. 1v1000 anyone?

Just played through Arkham Origins last week, and no bugs encountered.
OT: Any release date yet? I'll probably have to wait until february anyway, but it would be nice to know.

NLS:

The Wykydtron:

Just played through Arkham Origins last week, and no bugs encountered.
OT: Any release date yet? I'll probably have to wait until february anyway, but it would be nice to know.

If you would look through the Steam updates you would see a huge backlog of updates and bug fixes all spaced out from launch til the near present. But yeah I guess if you did play it last week there would be no bugs, good job waiting for the Steam sale.

If they can't make the base game stable on launch (I have to stress this, just because they fixed it later does not mean all should be forgiven) and take the absolute piss fixing it (sometimes alt-tabing out crashes the game, never a good sign) then how can I take the chance on the DLC not being horrendously broken too?

Oh come on, it's not definitively Mr. Freeze with this info, you say so right before claiming it's him. It could also be Killer Frost, Captain Cold, or any number of other DC ice themed villains. Just assuming Victor Fries did it because of some ice is incredibly discriminatory and should not be tolerated.

Clive Howlitzer:
I can't get too excited for any Mr. Freeze that won't be voiced by the late and great Michael Ansara.

Huh. I feel bad I never knew his name. Wonder what else he did?

*Scrolls through Wikipedia work history*

*Scrolling*

*Scrolling*

*Scrolling*

*Scrolling*

*Scrolling*

...damn, he kept busy.

OT - To be fair, his replacement is the legendary Maurice LaMarche.

ccggenius12:
Oh come on, it's not definitively Mr. Freeze with this info, you say so right before claiming it's him. It could also be Killer Frost, Captain Cold, or any number of other DC ice themed villains. Just assuming Victor Fries did it because of some ice is incredibly discriminatory and should not be tolerated.

Captain Cold (Flash) and Killer Frost (Firestorm) aren't really part of Batman's rogues gallery though. Mr. Freeze is much more likely just based on that fact alone.

The basic premise shouldn't be too hard to guess from here.

That said, they could easily add something new in.

Loved the Freeze fight in Arkham City, I hope they at least keep the DLC on that level of awesome.

I really hope Batman thwarts Mr.Freeze by smashing his cryo-suit's helmet open with a can of chicken soup.
Please.

Infernal Lawyer:

No mention of the massive diamond in the award statuette?

The Gentleman:

Infernal Lawyer:

No mention of the massive diamond in the award statuette?

Actually, why not? At the very least it would help fund the research for keeping his wife alive.

Bleidd Whitefalcon:

Captain Cold (Flash) and Killer Frost (Firestorm) aren't really part of Batman's rogues gallery though. Mr. Freeze is much more likely just based on that fact alone.

-------->Joke
Head
Hell, it could be a Kryptonian, they have frost breath. I suppose that also adds Planet Master to the list, maybe Weather Wizard, The Parasite, I could go on with things that it isn't that I would find funny if it was. I know it's definitely Freeze, but that's neither here nor there, and a curve ball from the developers would have been COOL.

ccggenius12:

Bleidd Whitefalcon:

-------->Joke
Head
Hell, it could be a Kryptonian, they have frost breath. I suppose that also adds Planet Master to the list, maybe Weather Wizard, The Parasite, I could go on with things that it isn't that I would find funny if it was. I know it's definitely Freeze, but that's neither here nor there, and a curve ball from the developers would have been COOL.

*facepalm* I should have recognized that it was a joke. My bad lol.

Mixed Opinions on this, while I'm glad to see we might actually get some GOOD DLC for a game, Multiplayer is still broken for several people and the game is far from fixed, would rather see more work put into fixing the game...

He better be voiced by Arnold Schwarzenegger. No one else will do. ;)

Not playing "Origins" yet but honest I was kind of hoping the DLC was going to feature "The Court Of Owls" when I first heard it. Don't know why. :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here