The Simpsons Get Even Yellow-er With Official LEGO Set

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Simpsons Get Even Yellow-er With Official LEGO Set

The first official LEGO Simpsons set will be the family's iconic house.

The Simpsons are yellow. LEGO people are also yellow. Its a mystery why it took people so long to put two and two together, but now, Eurobrick member Carlos S has spilled the beans on the first official LEGO Simpsons set. Only this single image of the box has been leaked so far, but from what we can gather, it will be the family's iconic house, containing 2523 pieces and six minifigures including the full family plus Flanders.

Check out the leaked image below (click to enlarge):

From the looks of things, the house will open up, revealing all of the rooms inside, including a garage that comes with Homer's pink sedan. The Simpsons pets Snowball and Santa's Little Helper appear in the art at the top of the box, but don't seem to be in the set anywhere (unless Snowball is the black thing Maggie is holding).

It was previously revealed that as well as several LEGO Simpsons sets, a LEGO Simpsons TV show is also in production for this year.

I haven't really payed attention to The Simpsons for the last ten seasons or so, but if good sales of these sets lead to them creating official LEGO Futurama sets, then they can shut up and take my money.

Source: Kotaku via Eurobrick

Steven Bogos:
The Simpsons pets Snowball and Santa's Little Helper appear in the art at the top of the box, but don't seem to be in the set anywhere (unless Snowball is the black thing Maggie is holding).

...is that a gun?

Thought I was done buying Lego sets foe myself, shows how much I know. Though let's face it, this has been coming for quite a while, i mean what product haven't gotten some sort of Simpsons related theme yet?

Those head designs are freeaky. ._. Couldn't they have, y'know, painted on some of the details instead of making them actual details?

Dr.Awkward:
Those head designs are freeaky. ._. Couldn't they have, y'know, painted on some of the details instead of making them actual details?

I agree. Custom minifigures have gone so far, to the point where they don't even look like minifigures anymore. They just look like toys.

Look at the Batman, Indiana Jones or Star Wars universe characters compared to say, the Simpsons, Toy Story and Spongebob.

Not going to lie. This looks fucking awesome. I might have to get this--uh, for my kid. Yeah.

Product Placement:

...is that a gun?

It does look suspiciously like a full size Mini or Micro Uzi.

Product Placement:

Steven Bogos:
The Simpsons pets Snowball and Santa's Little Helper appear in the art at the top of the box, but don't seem to be in the set anywhere (unless Snowball is the black thing Maggie is holding).

...is that a gun?

Considering the running joke around Maggie ever since "Who Shot Mr. Burns", I like to think it is.

...Wow. Now I kinda want one of these. "Shut up and take my money" indeed.

Does... does this mean we might get a LEGO Simpsons game at some point in the future?

That would be pretty cool.

the fuck? So, FIREFLY is too adult for Lego, but the SIMPSONS gets a green light?

The show that has an unrepentant alcoholic hero?
That celebrates the insane and violent acts of destruction of its cast?
That promotes JAZZ?!

Product Placement:

Steven Bogos:

...is that a gun?

or maybe a drill, though im pretty sure both are play on jokes from the show.

Dr.Awkward:

Reminds me of hit and run character designs.

I think my favorite part of the set is they include the uranium bar up there. I also hope if they make more the next few sets are Moe's tavern, Krusty Burger and/or tv show stage, Kwik-E-Mart, The Nuclear Power Plant, and/or the school.

... and that they make a dome set if they make enough town pieces.

Someone is going to make a true-to-form Simpson's introduction animation with Legos. I just know it.

That's assuming it hasn't been done yet.

Not Matt:
Thought I was done buying Lego sets foe myself, shows how much I know. Though let's face it, this has been coming for quite a while, i mean what product haven't gotten some sort of Simpsons related theme yet?

Or, for that matter, what hasn't got a custom lego set?

FizzyIzze:

It does look suspiciously like a full size Mini or Micro Uzi.

or maybe a drill, though im pretty sure both are play on jokes from the show.[/quote]

My thought was the nailgun she used on Homer, though a drill would also fit. Possibly better.

thaluikhain:

Or, for that matter, what hasn't got a custom lego set?

My mother's getting one next month.

I'll totally agree that I'd much rather have (and throw money at) a Futurama set. One with Bender, Fry, Leela, The Professor, [Dr.] Zoidburg, and Nibbler. Put them all in a box with the Planet Express ship and building and you've got a sale (as long as it's south of $500 bones).

Steven Bogos:

Dr.Awkward:

I agree. Custom minifigures have gone so far, to the point where they don't even look like minifigures anymore. They just look like toys.

Look at the Batman, Indiana Jones or Star Wars universe characters compared to say, the Simpsons, Toy Story and Spongebob.

But... I thought they were toys...

Dear God, my life has been a lie!! D:

Seriously though, I get what you're saying. They certainly stand out amongst other minifigures.

Kmadden2004:
Does... does this mean we might get a LEGO Simpsons game at some point in the future?

That would be pretty cool.

That would be pretty interesting. The show has a shit ton of characters, and the Lego games do allow you a wide variety of characters to play as. So a LEGO Simspons game would be kinda cool.

Oh god I want this...

Damn stupid legos, so addicting.

And how dare you suggest a Futurama set?! I must have that as well, if it ever gets made, I want a cute little Nibler lego figure and a cool Leela lego figure.

Bart's face in that image look way too much like the me gusta meme for my liking.

8-Bit_Jack:
the fuck? So, FIREFLY is too adult for Lego, but the SIMPSONS gets a green light?

That promotes JAZZ?!

Don't forget that they also made Indiana Jones, The Hobbit and Lord of the Ring films into Legos.

Steven Bogos:

The Simpsons are yellow. LEGO people are also yellow.

I don't think that Lego people have been yellow since... whenever Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban came out or so.

8-Bit_Jack:

That promotes JAZZ?!

Its probably because the fanbase for Firefly is mostly adults where the one for Simpsons is both adults and kids (and to be honest its a shit ton larger so you know that probably even if it was just adults it could still be made)

Toy think stepping on a brick of Lego hurts? Just imagine the pain if you step on Lisa's head.

I still want it though. Looks very cool.

I remember a time when LEGO did it's OWN sets, without any kind of movie or TV tie-in bullshit whatsoever. Back then, the sets were far more imaginative than these licensed ones will ever be.

Ldude893:

Product Placement:

Steven Bogos:

...is that a gun?

Considering the running joke around Maggie ever since "Who Shot Mr. Burns", I like to think it is.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Someone better warn the baby with the uni-brow cause Maggie might fuck his shit up.

Isn't The Simpsons a little mature for LEGO's target audience? They cover very adult themes, and LEGO's always taken a hard line to those sorts of things. They shot down the Firefly campaign for being too adult - and compared to The Simpsons, Firefly's downright saintly.

Product Placement:

Steven Bogos:

...is that a gun?

It's a screw driver. Lego just updated the part recently so it looks like a modern cordless drill driver.

As a Lego fan and collector I find it oddly disturbing that the most realistic Lego house ever made comes from The Simpsons!

Squilookle:
I remember a time when LEGO did it's OWN sets, without any kind of movie or TV tie-in bullshit whatsoever. Back then, the sets were far more imaginative than these licensed ones will ever be.

Lego has their own Movie out next month. Here is a big new set from it, at roughly the same size and price as the Simpsons house.

Imaginative enough?

Dead Raen:
Isn't The Simpsons a little mature for LEGO's target audience? They cover very adult themes, and LEGO's always taken a hard line to those sorts of things. They shot down the Firefly campaign for being too adult - and compared to The Simpsons, Firefly's downright saintly.

I guess you weren't around back when they used to put Bart Simpson's face on everything, and I mean everything, even remotely related to children?

SirCannonFodder:
I guess you weren't around back when they used to put Bart Simpson's face on everything, and I mean everything, even remotely related to children?

Dead Raen:
LEGO's always taken a hard line to those sorts of things.

I'm very much aware of the Simpson wave in the 90s and into the 2000s, but that doesn't change the fact that LEGO's never tread on this kind of ground before.

This means there's gonna inevitably be a Lego Simpsons video game, right? Day 1.

Squilookle:

Hell, even Lego Racer's was a little more imaginative than some of these new games. I mean don't get me wrong, they're good and all, but the whole purpose of Lego was to just use your imagination and build whatever you wanted, not just have all this pre-made stuff. I may be able to forgive this a little bit if they come out with a...

Hank Scorpio set where you can build your own base and doomsday weapon! Hey, that'd encourage creativity! Problem solved.

This would have been great if they had released it....in the 90s.

Still, better late than never.

faefrost:

Product Placement:

Steven Bogos:

...is that a gun?

It's a screw driver. Lego just updated the part recently so it looks like a modern cordless drill driver.

As a Lego fan and collector I find it oddly disturbing that the most realistic Lego house ever made comes from The Simpsons!

Ah, so instead of equipping Maggie with a firearm, they gave her the tool she used to almost slay her own father. That's much better.

josemlopes:

Its probably because the fanbase for Firefly is mostly adults where the one for Simpsons is both adults and kids (and to be honest its a shit ton larger so you know that probably even if it was just adults it could still be made)

soren7550:
Don't forget that they also made Indiana Jones, The Hobbit and Lord of the Ring films into Legos.

Steven Bogos:

The Simpsons are yellow. LEGO people are also yellow.

I don't think that Lego people have been yellow since... whenever Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban came out or so.

I invite you both to reread the last line of my post, and evaluate just how serious I was being.

So is there anything that Lego hasn't gotten its hands on yet? Marvel, Minecraft and now this. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just don't want to see every single thing being made into Lego form (well the ones that aren' desperately need to be Lego).

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here