This Sonic The Hedgehog Cosplay Makes Me Feel Weird About Hedgehogs

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This Sonic The Hedgehog Cosplay Makes Me Feel Weird About Hedgehogs

Sonic the Hedgehog has been reimagined as a seductive temptress.

Manzi DeYoung is a cosplayer from California who apparently specializes in sucking all of the innocence from my childhood memories. Last week, she posted several pictures of a newly completed Sonic costume that made me think differently about my Sega Genesis.

"This is absolutely the most ridiculous costume I've ever made and I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it!" she said in a recent Facebook post. "I'm also proud of the amount of people who are appropriately appreciating the tongue-in-cheek-ness of this entire concept. 'Sexy' versions of unsexy characters is one of the most entertaining costume gimmicks in my opinion."

As wardrobe stylist, Manzi has been involved in a number videogame-related projects. Last October, Corridor Digital released The Devil's Spear, an Assassin's Creed 4 fan film. Manzi created many the film's costumes, and they are genuinely impressive. She also worked on a dozen costumes that were used during PS4 launch events in San Francisco and New York city.

I'm anxious to see which of my innocent childhood memories Manzi decides to violate next.

Source: Facebook

Rule 34 stikes...again?
I...I don't know how I feel about this, not in the slightest.
Then again growing up with SEGA, my childhood was ruined when I saw Sonic X's 4Kids dub, and then I came to the internet.

While I didn't necessarily grow up with Sonic, despite playing Sonic Adventures 2 and watching that weird Sonic cartoon, I never felt the need to see...that, and yet, here I am. This is weird, and I don't know what to make of this.

I NEED AN ADULT!

Fiz_The_Toaster:

I NEED AN ADULT!

*nudges over to Fiz*
No worries, Fiz because:

...sorry, I rarely get the opportunity to post something like that. Although, is it sad to say that the internet has desensitized me to the point of were I just go why and then shrug it off?

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me and there are some other ones that Miss DeYoung did that involve the lovable blue blur...this one seems a lot more tame...>.>

"Gotta Go Fast!"

...which is the opposite of what she'll be doing in those heels.

I ceratianly hoped a certain menber on here won't click on this link!

Anyway, that is a pretty good cosplay!

I've been aroused by odder things...

And I didn't grow up with Sonic, so the "ruined childhood realization" never hit me XD

Still, props to her

So, are you going to make a News-Post out of every woman that dresses as a hot yet somewhat inappropriate fandom character?

Wouldn't mind giving her a piece of my chaos spear ;)
(alright i'll go back to my corner)

Neronium:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

I NEED AN ADULT!

*nudges over to Fiz*
No worries, Fiz because:

...sorry, I rarely get the opportunity to post something like that. Although, is it sad to say that the internet has desensitized me to the point of were I just go why and then shrug it off?

Posting guru always makes for a good time...

Or, does it?

DUN DUN DUN

But yeah, all I did was question why and just moved on. I'm scared to know the answer really, but this is the internet and it moves in weird and mysterious ways. I think I'm desensitized enough to think that's not the weirdest thing I've ever seen, but still, why?

Josh Engen:

"This is absolutely the most ridiculous costume I've ever made and I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it!" she said

Yeah...it's not exactly the costume we're enjoying...

Nicole Jean Marie and Spencer Doe cosplayed Sonic some time ago, behold Sonic and Knuckles:

Exterminas:
So, are you going to make a News-Post out of every woman that dresses as a hot yet somewhat inappropriate fandom character?

Usually I defend articles that people complain about as 'not news' (Those Lego Pokemon Mechs were bitchin'. You don't see that kind of cool shit every day), but I'm in this boat for cosplay. The internet is rammed full of sexy cosplayers, for practicality's sake alone it makes no sense to report on them.

It's quite cold where I live right now, but for some reason I feel somewhat warm after reading this.

Exterminas:

Would certainly make for a nice change of pace. Maybe get it's own branch-off. "This week in cosplay".

I'd like to see sonic run in those heels.

Those heels! Does it make me a fury if I want to bang someone wearing those heels?

Most attention I've paid to Sonic in years.

So, was that weird feeling ya had below the waist or the sudden need for brain bleach?

As far as I'm concerned a sexy lady is a sexy lady, it doesn't create a conflict for me if they dress up as some sexy version of a character from my childhood. Easy enough for me to separate the two things.

Pfft, there are way superior Sonic cosplays out there, like this one

Not going to lie. I'm a lot more okay with this than I thought I'd be.

I... um...
Yeah, that's a cosplay...

*Ahem* I don't care if this isn't news. I don't feel it was wasted to see this cosplay. Plus, I loved Sonic as a kid. Just makes it odd to think of playing a game making this "Sonic" run around and collect rings.

Neronium:

Fiz_The_Toaster:

I NEED AN ADULT!

*nudges over to Fiz*
No worries, Fiz because:

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me and there are some other ones that Miss DeYoung did that involve the lovable blue blur...this one seems a lot more tame...>.>

God damn I love Team Four Star. Someone needs to hire them. But still let them make DBZ Abridged. Maybe hire them to make DBZ Abridged?

PsychicTaco115:
I've been aroused by odder things...

This, pretty much.

And while I don't object to the costume to begin with, it would be pretty hard for a cosplayer to destroy my Sonic-adjacent childhood when you consider what SEGA has already done with the series these past 13 years.

For some reason, I keep thinking of the way Elmer Fudd would react when Bugs would dress up as a girl.

Slow news day huh?

*goes to check facebook, finds link to her webpage*

... oh dear god she did Gadget.

Thanks to the internet, not the weirdest Sonic I've seen. Not the first one with boobs either D:

Anyone know where I can download pictures of her with good resolution? I need it for...
a powerpoint presentation about... Sega and their fanbase. You know cultural studies, nothing is unimportant!

Soon, you too shall become a furry!
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

Really this qualifies as news now? Are you trying to turn the news feed into a Tumblr feed? Seriously this isn't even unique, "sexy" cosplayers are dime-a-dozen on the internet and this one is dead smack middle of the road both in terms of quality and explicitness. If this counts as childhood memory violation to you Mr. escapist news man, I suggest you get off the internet ASAP.

Eh, cosplay is cosplay. I will say I kinda like the combination blue hair and hoodie.

I think this right here is relevant.
Anyways, I like it. It's definitely not the weirdest cosplay I've seen. I mean, is it really any different from cosplaying a pony? or a pokemon? or any other non-humanoid type? I don't think so.

Objectable:
Soon, you too shall become a furry!
One of us...
One of us...
One of us...

Now I'm hearing these offers to join, but what's in it for me personally?
I mean the Dark Side had delicious cookies, so what do you have? XD

Are you really that desperate for news? I mean, yeah, a hot chick doing a Sonic cosplay. I'm sure there's around a dozen of them on the net nowadays.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here