Pre-Order Deals, FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns & Dark Souls II

Pre-Order Deals, FFXIII-3: Lightning Returns & Dark Souls II

Discounts on pre-orders of Lightning Returns and Dark Souls II show up for those who haven't taken the leap just yet.

While it's not uncommon to find PC digital download pre-order discounts in general, when you're talking about highly anticipated console titles like Dark Souls II, Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Returns[em], or the forever-delayed [em]South Park: The Stick of Truth, it's a whole 'nother can of worms. Still, every now and then, a rare pre-order coupon will show up for those much-hyped titles, and today just that happened at NewEgg. For 48 hours, $5 off coupon code EMCPWWF224 applies to select pre-order titles. The coupon will remain active through Wednesday, January 15th.

Hot titles that work with this coupon include upcoming releases Final Fantasy XIII-3: Lightning Return and Dark Souls II. Both titles come with their own respective pre-order bonuses. Lightning Return nets you the very cool Cloud SOLDIER 1st Class Uniform along with the Buster Sword, while Dark Souls II Black Armor Edition comes with a metal case and the game's original soundtrack.

If you're a supporter of Indie devs, now's a chance to snag a deal or two, or forty four... Today GameFly is giving up to 80% off discounts on 44 Indie titles and DLC packs. On top of the instant savings, you can use coupon code GFDJAN25 for an additional 25% off the already reduced price tag (use coupon GFDJAN25UK in the UK). The sale will run for a whole week, ending Tuesday, January 21st at 10AM Pacific.

In other gaming deal news, two notable PC titles were released today - The Banner Saga and Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise. Both have 25% off after coupon deals at GameFly and Green Man Gaming, respectively. Also, tomorrow's PC release of Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD works with the same 25% off coupon and includes a pre-order bonus (until release)..

Last-minute edit: today's new batch of Bundle Stars "Brutal Bundle" comes with some excellent titles for only $4.99, including Tropico 4, Port Royale 3, and King's Bounty: Legions Pack. (We're just listing games we played and enjoyed.) Check out the full list here at Bundle Stars.

This Week's Big Deals

Pre-Order Video Game Sale - at NewEgg.

Offer ends January 15 at 11:59PM Pacific. Mostly 360 and PS3 titles - lots of games from Japanese studios (BlazeBlue, Earth Defense Force 2025, etc).

Indie Titles PC Download Sale - up to 80% off instantly at GameFly.

Offer expires January 21. Lots of titles on sale at GameFly during this sale. Our top picks are below. Most are Steam keys. Use coupon GFDJAN20UK if you're in the UK and GFDJAN20 if you're in the US/CA.

Today's Releases

Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise (PC Expansion) - $11.25 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $15. Deal expires January 17.

The Banner Saga (PC Download) - $18.75 at GameFly.

List is $25. Deal expires today.

Upcoming Releases

Assassins Creed Liberation HD + Voodoo DLC Pack (PC Download) - $14.99 at GameFly.

Releases January 15. List is $20. Deal expires January 15.

Rekoil (PC Download) - $7.87 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases February 5. Next best is $15 at GameFly. Deal expires January 17.

Thief (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3) - $49.99 plus $0.99 shipping at NewEgg.

Releases February 25. List is $60. Deal expires January 16.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls + $5 Gift Card (PC) - $39.99 at NewEgg.

Releases March 25. List is $40. Deal expires January 16.

More PC Digital Game Deals

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - $22.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Released last Thursday. List is $30. Deal expires January 17.

Syndicate/Saboteur Bundle - $9.99 at Amazon.

List is $40. Deal expires January 16.

Final Fantasy VIII - $8.99 at GameFly.

List is $12.

Kane and Lynch Pack - $3.18 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $17. Deal expires January 17.

Awesomenauts base game & DLC packs - 75% off at GamersGate.

Deal expires January 15.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

I want that Soldier 1st Class & Buster sword preorder bonuses for FF13-3 sooooo bad D:

Yeah, not going to be putting any money down on FF13-3. I made the mistake of buying the first and the second one, but seeing how short and feeble the second one was -- I'm not going to fuel the flame any long. No pre-orders, no purchases for anything related to FF13-3. I saw the final boss fight on Youtube and the ended, and it still doesn't make up for everything they've put us through.

My money is going to a series which needs it; Bravely Default: Flying Fairy.

TemperHoof:
Yeah, not going to be putting any money down on FF13-3. I made the mistake of buying the first and the second one, but seeing how short and feeble the second one was -- I'm not going to fuel the flame any long. No pre-orders, no purchases for anything related to FF13-3. I saw the final boss fight on Youtube and the ended, and it still doesn't make up for everything they've put us through.

Now that's a neat 3DS title to look forward to.

I read that they nerfed some of the content for the US localization though. Not sure if true or not.

I wish there was a preorder deal for the PC version of Dark Souls 2.

dealzon:

TemperHoof:

Now that's a neat 3DS title to look forward to.

I read that they nerfed some of the content for the US localization though. Not sure if true or not.

All I've heard is they modified the appearances of a few character costumes, to better bring them in line with US/EU sensibilities and taste. That, and 'bumped' the ages up of some characters as well for much the same reasoning. Haven't heard anything about actual content being "nerfed" though, or seen anyone saying things are easier/simpler or the like.

The demo is a hard thing to base that off of though, since it's rather limited in its scope and what it contains.

I thought advertising was against the terms and conditions of the website?

I guess I'll have to cancel my first Dark Souls 2 preorder, but at least I'll save a few bucks. If there's a game worth preordering it's definitely a Souls game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here