Exclusive Knights of Badassdom Clip Argues the Merits of LARPing

Exclusive Knights of Badassdom Clip Argues the Merits of LARPing

The Escapist has gotten its hands on an exclusive clip from The Knights of Badassdom.

In case you haven't heard of The Knights of Badassdom, it's a movie chronicling the simple tale of Peter Dinklage, Summer Glau and a band of LARP aficionados doing battle with an evil succubus accidentally summoned from hell. While there is some controversy currently surrounding the version being released, it nonetheless looks like a pretty fantastic film for anyone with a predilection for fantasy nerdom. Additionally, as of today, it's available for viewing via Tugg, with a wider on-demand release coming on February 11th.

That in mind, we've managed to come into possession of some exclusive footage from the film that hopefully will wet your appetite for what we're expecting to be a fairly hilarious send up of LARPing, role-playing games and geek culture in general. The clip, which clocks in at about 1 minute and 40 seconds long, focuses on a conversation between Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten and Steve Zahn, as their characters bicker about the merits of LARPing. Highlights include pretty much every time Peter Dinklage (seriously love that guy) opens his mouth and "demonic syphilis."

I know that this is likely in the same sort of sub-genre as "Your Highness",

But I can't help but be excited for this: Peter Dinklage and Dani Pudi can sell me anything.

As an actual LARPer, I'm fascinated to see how this movie'll turn out.
Hopefully it'll be as cool as it seems to look so far.

This is just now coming out? I remember hearing about it a couple years ago and figured I must have missed its release. I'll definitely need to catch it.

And "demonic syphilis" gives me too many bad memories of the demonic AIDs from one of my games.

ThePokeguy:
As an actual LARPer, I'm fascinated to see how this movie'll turn out.
Hopefully it'll be as cool as it seems to look so far.

I LARPed for about a decade and have some great memories from that time. Do any LARPs use live steel? Or did they just think boffer weapons wouldn't look, er, badass enough for the movie?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here