Star Wars: Retold by Someone Who Never Saw It

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Star Wars: Retold by Someone Who Never Saw It

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Chewbacca was but a deformed ewok while Hans Solo and Luke the farmer totally made out.

The original Star Wars trilogy. One of the greatest and most celebrated science-fiction tales of our time, reconstructed and re-released many times over, with an entire culture built around it. If you are a human being living in a modern civilization, it is almost statistically impossible for you not have at least a very basic knowledge of George Lucas' universe.

Of course, if you haven't actually watched the films and have merely absorbed said basic knowledge of the original trilogy, you probably have a pretty mixed-up idea of how all those fantastic pieces fit together. Behold.

I just... died a little inside while watching this... dear gods...

That's awesome :P
This was better then the newer 3 movies at least.
I like This better though.

EDIT: To respond to the guy below me. I think it's because they could have been so much more. I liked episode 3 and 2 had some good points.
I mainly added the second line so I wasn't just posting a couple of words.

Varchld:

why does every1 always make fun of the newer starwars movies,
i personally liked them better than the original ones, (fell asleep during movie 5 x_x)

Oh, lord, that was hilarious.

Now someone make her watch the damn movies.

...Well, "Eewok" originated as a palindrome for "Wookie", so she's right about Chewbacca.

EDIT:

Varchld:

Loved the Jurassic Park bit!

tthor:

i personally liked them better than the original ones, (fell asleep during movie 5 x_x)

Really? The first three DEFINED Star Wars! Sure, I wasn't around when they came out, but I grew up watching them before the new ones, but the first three are undoubtedly better... even though the third one was epic.

EDIT
the third one in the new series

That was so funny it nearly killed me!

Hilarious!

Makes you think how - even if you're not a Star Wars fan - the plot is so broadly disseminated among us it seems "normal".

Kudos to the girl who put it together! Takes a lot of courage...and probably a few years in isolation from geek culture. xD

Brilliant news. I'm surprised this didn't make it onto the national seven o'clock news. The shopped pictures were the best.

Dark side of the moon... lol.

Wow...just...wow....
(and kudos on the editing. That's what really makes it)

And as much as we raz the girl, at least she's honest in her convictions. She was truly sure that 90% of what came out of her mouth actually happened perfectly in the films.

Now I feel like giving my original trilogy boxed set a hug.

i laughed so hard i thought my underwear were going to the dark side

The ending of that made me cry.
Luke and Han?....ewwww

that's awesome, i love it.

I haven't watched the trilogy since I was a little kid, but that sounded pretty accurate.

Heh, reminds me of the Drunk History videos. Good stuff.

DuncanRR:
...Well, "Eewok" originated as a palindrome for "Wookie", so she's right about Chewbacca.

That's not a palindrome its an almost anagram. Kind of a phonetic anagram. Which is weird.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean. I thought you should know.

I would watch that movie.

Well I watched revenge of the sith so I guess I have!

That was immense. However if I'd just seen random point I'd've found it difficult to name Lando. However the best part was the 'Hans Olo' vs. 'Han Solo' duel.

DuncanRR:

True. The original idea was for Endor to be a planet of Wookies, but once Lucas had established the character of Chewbacca, he felt he couldn't do that. (Not sure why, to be honest.) And so we got Ewoks instead.

Varchld:

EDIT: To respond to the guy below me. I think it's because they could have been so much more. I liked episode 3 and 2 had some good points.
I mainly added the second line so I wasn't just posting a couple of words.

That was freaking awesome!

as for the video, the images made me laugh a lot, as well at the
"Hans"
"Han"

part.

funny as.....
loved the editing and pitures.
Good bit of fun.

I don't really see this as news as such.

Wouldn't this be better in the 'Off Topic' forum?

tthor:

No, you are wrong. I know this an opinion, but its wrong.

Smiles:
I haven't watched the trilogy since I was a little kid, but that sounded pretty accurate.

Not even close. And that's ignoring the fact that she mostly confused the order of the second and third movies.

...I think she just described how Lucas is going to recut the series in 2012.

Why am i laughing and filled with rage at the same time...

MrGFunk:

DuncanRR:

That's not a palindrome its an almost anagram. Kind of a phonetic anagram. Which is weird.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean. I thought you should know.

It was sarcasm. Haven't you seen the Dead Parrot sketch? "The palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob!"

A palindrome:"Racecar = racecaR"

An anagram: "Tom Marvolo Riddle = I am Lord Voldemort".

"Eewok" was originally "Wookie" spelled backwards. Ergo, a palindrome.

Really funny, surprised at how that Star Wars would have been. I can't tell which would have been better, mainly because Hans Solo sounds bad ass.

Susan Arendt:

DuncanRR:

True. The original idea was for Endor to be a planet of Wookies, but once Lucas had established the character of Chewbacca, he felt he couldn't do that. (Not sure why, to be honest.) And so we got Ewoks instead.

Isn't it obvious?
What would you rather see, an army of three-foot teddy bears illogically defeating an army of stormtroopers?
Or an army of three-metre grizzly bears tearing them limb from limb?
I know what I'd choose.

I'm also laughing at the people here getting offended because someone has the gall to not know about Star Wars :P

Oh, and is it just me, or did she not mention Vader being Luke's dad?

The 3 year old was more accurate than her.

SomeBritishDude:

tthor:

No, you are wrong. I know this an opinion, but its wrong.

I liked the two second prequels more than Return of the Jedi or Star wars. But then again I think everything Lucas touches turns to crap and am not really big into the series.

I thought she had a really good crack at it. I like how she picked up on the sublte sexual tension between Han and Luke that George Lucas only alluded to in a few critical moments during the 6 films. :P

And somehow she manages to forget "I am your father" probably the most famous movie quote in history.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here