FPS Warriors Bundle 2 Packages Painkiller, Hard Reset, Zeno Clash and More

FPS Warriors Bundle 2 Packages Painkiller, Hard Reset, Zeno Clash and More

FPS Warriors Bundle 2

The FPS Warriors 2 Bundle offers eight different kinds of virtual violence for less than you'd pay for a decent burger.

There are an awful lot of game bundles floating around these days, most of which go overlooked because, to be brutally honest, they're just not terribly interesting. The FPS Warriors 2 Bundle from Bundle Stars, however, is one that I think deserves some attention.

For four bucks you get eight games, beginning with Nuclear Dawn, which I've heard is not terrible, AirBuccaneers, which looks kind of cool, Chaser, which to be perfectly honest looks kind of crappy, and Painkiller: Overdose, one of the many proofs that it is impossible to make a decent Painkiller sequel.

But then things get interesting. You get Zeno Clash and Zeno Clash 2, the quirky-but-cool first-person brawlers set in a primitive and very bizarre fantasy world. There's Hard Reset: Extended Edition, an old-fashioned high-intensity shooter with a great visual aesthetic. And then topping it all off is Painkilller Black, the gussied-up re-release of the original Painkiller that includes the Battle Out of Hell expansion, and that may well be the best pure shooter of the past decade.

Not bad, eh? It's a very subjective opinion in this era of cheap, cheap games, but there's no question in my mind that any one of those latter four games is worth the price of admission. If you've somehow managed to miss out on them until now, this might not be a bad way to rectify the situation.

The FPS Warriors Bundle 2 is live now and will remain on sale until February 26.

Source: Bundle Stars

Believe it or not, I already have all of those. And from similar bundles, no less. The longer I watch these bundle sites, the more I get the feeling they are primarily looping titles. Every now and then there's a new title there that's of interest to me, but most of the recent bundles have been repeats, this included. I guess it's a great deal for people who didn't get in on it in the earlier iterations, though.

Typical Bundle stars Steam reseller offering. They have half a dozen running at just about any given time.

Sort of funny to me, for all those great "STEEM SALEZ" and their "great" prices, people still flock to Steam key resellers for even lower prices.

There's bound to be some repetition in bundles like this, because there are so many bundles choosing from a relatively limited pool of recognizable games. But sometimes one comes along that noteworthy even if it does contain some repeats. Painkiller Black is a decade old but still eminently playable, and Hard Reset may not do much but it does what it does very well. The Zeno Clash games are fun too, and even if the rest of them are a mixed bag, I find it hard to imagine that there's not at least four bucks worth of entertainment between them.

Air Buccaneers HD? That game is dead. Literally nobody plays that game since Guns of Icarus murdered it.

Funny. Just yesterday I was thinking about getting Hard Reset as well as Chaser on GOG. So this came just in time. Bummer it's just on Steam though.

Skeleon:
Believe it or not, I already have all of those. And from similar bundles, no less. The longer I watch these bundle sites, the more I get the feeling they are primarily looping titles. Every now and then there's a new title there that's of interest to me, but most of the recent bundles have been repeats, this included. I guess it's a great deal for people who didn't get in on it in the earlier iterations, though.

as a person who only recently started following bundles, it is great that i also get a chance to get them at charity prices just like you did. It also seems to be a great promotional device because most of the game on bundles are ones i have never heard about before.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here