AC4: Black Flag at 63% Off, Borderlands 2 Hits $5 Mark

AC4: Black Flag at 63% Off, Borderlands 2 Hits $5 Mark

Your wallet will Rekoil in horror at all the deals this week! Hah. Puns.

Today at 1PM Eastern, GameFly launched a PC Download sale on "Ubisoft Hits". They've discounted five games up to 75% off instantly and have a 25% off coupon code to further lower the final price tag. Assassin's Creed Black Flag falls to only $22.49, Rocksmith 2014 is down to $30, and Far Cry 3 is only six bucks.

Would you expect to see a game discounted 50% the day of its release? Well, that's what happened to the FPS Rekoil. Once a free-to-play beta, now the developer has a full version available today on Steam for $10.49 - that's actually $4.50 off the $14.99 list price. Some digital retailers have gotten rid of the $4.50 discount, including Green Man Gaming, where the game was the cheapest up until this morning. Now the lowest price is at GameFly, where you can still pick the title up for $7.87 after the still-present instant savings and January 25% off coupon.

For the price of a footlong, you can now get the 2012 hit Borderlands 2 . Today NewEgg dropped the PC download's Steam key to $5.39 after coupon - the lowest price ever by about a buck. We've occasionally seen it for $6 before, but these days the five dollar range is what you expect for any game that's more than a year old.

Hot Deal of the Week

Ubisoft Hits Sale (PC Download) - at GameFly.
Savings of up to 75% instantly, and you can use coupon code GFDJAN25 in the US or GFDJAN25UK in the UK for an extra 25% off the already reduced price (combined discount is not a full 100% off - more like 80% off the MSRP). Five titles are on sale this week published by Ubisoft:

Rekoil (PC Download) - $7.87 at GameFly.

Releases February 5. List is $15. Deal expires January 31.

Borderlands 2 (PC Download) - $5.39 at NewEgg.

List is $20. Deal expires February 3.

Upcoming Releases

Rayman Legends (Xbox One, PS4) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases February 18. List is $40. Deal expires February 3.

Men of War: Assault Squad 2 (PC Download) - $22.40 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases February 20. List is $40. Deal expires January 31.

Thief (PC Download) - $31.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases February 25. List is $50. Deal expires January 31. The Thief: Master Thief Edition is only $33.39 with a similar discount and includes a few other goodies like the Digital Art Book, Digital Comic Book, Booster DLC Pack, and Digital Soundtrack.

Resident Evil 4 HD (PC Download) - $14.99 at GameFly.

Releases February 27. List is $20. Deal expires January 31.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox One, PS4) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases March 18. List is $40. Deal expires February 3. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are even cheaper - only $26.99 after the same coupon discount, and they share the same release date.

Alien: Isolation (PC Download) - $37.49 at GameFly.

Releases Summer 2014. List is $50. Deal expires January 31.

Recent PC Gaming Releases

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - $21 at Green Man Gaming.

Released January 9. List is $30. Deal expires January 31.

Assassins Creed Liberation HD - $14 at Green Man Gaming.

Released January 15. List is $20. Deal expires January 31.

Hitman: Contracts - $4.90 at Green Man Gaming.

Released January 21. List is $7. Deal expires January 31.

Might & Magic X Legacy Digital Deluxe Edition - $21 at Green Man Gaming.

Released last Thursday. List is $30. Deal expires January 31.

Guise of the Wolf - $9.60 at Green Man Gaming.

Released last Friday. List is $15. Deal expires January 31.

Console Gaming Deals

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) - $39.99 at Best Buy.

List is $60.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3) - $29.90 at Best Buy.

Next best is $38 at Amazon.

Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo 3DS Pre-owned) - $24.99 at Best Buy.

List is $40. Deal expires February 1.

Buy 2 Xbox 360 or PS3 Games, Get 1 Game FREE - at Best Buy.

Choose from a list of 570 titles. Deal is good through Saturday, February 1st.

PC Downloads

Total War: Rome II - $29.98 at GamersGate.

List is $60. Deal expires January 29.

Torchlight 2 - $4.99 at GamersGate.

Next best is $20 at Amazon. Deal expires January 29.

The Darkness 2 - $4.58 at NewEgg.

List is $30. Deal expires February 3.

Epigenesis - Early Access - $2.50 at GamersGate.

List is $10. Deal expires today.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

so i see the UK being shafted with a 25% discount on assassin creed instead of 67%

sometimes i just wish i could strangle people though my monitor......

Riotguards:
so i see the UK being shafted with a 25% discount on assassin creed instead of 67%

sometimes i just wish i could strangle people though my monitor......

currency conversion. how does it work!?

sucks. EU/UK often gets shafted in pricing. Let's not even mention the Aussies...

A warning on any Uplay game. Either buy from steam or somewhere else with better servers to save you trouble.

I got free games off a nvidia card bundle, and the download rates from those awful servers gave me grief well after christmas.

I had a 1.9 mb/s rate whenever I downloaded a game, which has been used to its full potential everywhere. It averaged around 250 kb/s on uplay and then dropped to 50kb/s the longer the download went on. This stayed the case for days until it started to use my regular 1.9 mb/s rate and even then I had to restart it multiple times so it won't collapse again.

There was a thread on uplay forums that went on for 2 years straight about the download issues, and ubisoft ended up blaming the gamers for "not having good internet." So beware of buying any uplay game unless the service gives you a full download and not a uplay key. If you have problems with uplay's download speed, you are on your own.

Ultratwinkie:
A warning on any Uplay game. Either buy from steam or somewhere else with better servers to save you trouble.

Buying from Steam does not keep you away from Uplay DRM. Since the servers were down in December 2012 and prevented me from playing Driver: San Francisco, I have vowed to never buy Ubisoft games on PC again.
Console versions get Uplay, but they don't require manual signing-in and might not require signing-in at all. It's still a hindrance.

Xman490:

Ultratwinkie:

Buying from Steam does not keep you away from Uplay DRM. Since the servers were down in December 2012 and prevented me from playing Driver: San Francisco, I have vowed to never buy Ubisoft games on PC again.
Console versions get Uplay, but they don't require manual signing-in and might not require signing-in at all. It's still a hindrance.

Well yeah, but the biggest issue I see and have personally had is the download rate. I don't really play ubisoft games all that much, and I couldn't say anything about the servers being down all the time.

After dealing with uplay, I refuse to buy anything directly from it ever again. This includes free bundle games. Steam may be DRM, but at least it gets me my games in a timely manner. I might even claim that origin is a better service than uplay at this point.

Riotguards:
EU/UK often gets shafted in pricing. Let's not even mention the Aussies...

No kiddin'. I was all hyped for that BL2 deal, but NewEgg will only deal with US credit cards. For a goddamn Steam key. SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here