The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition Gets Official Unboxing

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Voulan:

PuckFuppet:

Voulan:
Now I'm praying to the Divines for this game to go free to play. It's looking like it's going to cost so much money that I'm starting to get angry. The only reason they're going for such blatant cash-grabbing is because it's The Elder Scrolls, a series with a massive fan following. Why did it have to be my favourite game series that they're keeping me away from?

A bit more on topic, the statue is nice. But once again, the money is just not worth it.

Out of interest, what defines "so much money"?

Including the cost of the "Imperial" edition @ 100$ and the monthly subscription cost at 15$ (rounded up, including the "free" month) then you get a total of 280$. Maybe I'm coming at it from a different perspective but dropping that much on a game yearly didn't bother me with WoW when I was like 16ish and it certainly isn't a problem now.

That said this is obviously just from my perspective. Nonetheless dropping that much on a game has been broadly the norm for almost a decade now, and in recent years it has becoming common to drop four or five times that in a month (I know some really... dedicated LoL players), playing a card game like MTG easily eats the same amount in a year. I could go on.

That makes sense if you're already used to paying for subscriptions and things. But from my non-MMO-playing stance that's a lot of payments.

Considering I'm from New Zealand, which has similar pricing to Australia, normal games costing $60 in the US will set us back around $130. Even taking into consideration dollar rates, we are being overcharged already. Meanwhile I've seen special preorder packs for games which usually only costs the US $30-50 more be priced at a staggering $210 here. The subscription fee at $15 when converted to NZ pricing is around $30 per month. Add this to potential DLC costs and the in-game store, you're looking at a mind-boggling number.

It's too much. Play it for me and let me know what it's like so I'll know what I'm missing. Meanwhile I'll look forward to ongoing investigations here and in Aus as to why in the hell we're having to pay more than necessary for all forms of digital media.

That is reasonable enough.

Hopefully before the game releases they'll clarify what is and isn't in their "store" so people have a better idea of what it'll cost. That being said the place I draw the line is if there is anything in the store that isn't explicitly a service or something that allows people who haven't purchased whatever special editions there are to get those features.

Even if its 90% vanity, it'll still drive me off. I pay a subscription to avoid that nonsense.

Pink Apocalypse:
So...absolutely not caring what haters think, my boyfriend and I have preordered it. The rings will be fun.

Our single roommate wants to know if they'll also be releasing a So Ronery version, tho.

Now I'm jealous. I wish my wife would play so I could do the same! I also agree about not caring what haters think. I am preordering this puppy and paying it off in full once I get my taxes in. I am honestly EXTREMELY excited about this game, and cannot wait!!

Remus:
In-game weddings with rings to boot. Haven't seen those since my days in Everquest. This presents lots of RP opportunities.

You played EQ, too? What server, if I may ask? I was a necromancer on Prexus, here. I remember being in weddings on EQ, and all that as well. Fun times. :)

Yagami_Kira:

Pink Apocalypse:

Yagami_Kira:

The most hilarious things about eso's blinders are that its quite obviously a quick cash grab. Buy in, subscription, AND a cash shop. The fact that it wasn't even made by Bethesda. Blatant disrespect for the lore (one of the factions is norn, dork elf, and argonian... And this takes place immediately after the argonians got out of dork elf slavery.)
Captcha: a turbotax advert. Fuck you escapist stop trying to shove advertising in every little thing. I know Durham is a shithole. Move your HQ and maybe you won't have to try to money grub everything.

Somebody woke up fussy. Maybe a Flintstone's Chewable and a juice after a nap will help.

Or the inevitable mod warning...

Nah. Just have a mild concussion and had to drive to Durham today, so my general distaste of Escapist's money whoring, combined with my hatred of Durham, has reduced my tolerance for Escapist's shit.

Look, I am going to at least PARTIALLY cheer you up. You dont like Durham, and I get that. But at LEAST its not Rocky Mount. That should cheer you up, man.

Riff Moonraker:

Remus:
In-game weddings with rings to boot. Haven't seen those since my days in Everquest. This presents lots of RP opportunities.

You played EQ, too? What server, if I may ask? I was a necromancer on Prexus, here. I remember being in weddings on EQ, and all that as well. Fun times. :)

I was a ranger on Tunare. I think my server's been merged since I left, back in the discord expac.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here