Uncharted Movie Snags King of Kong Director

Uncharted Movie Snags King of Kong Director

Seth Gordon's in final negotiations to helm Sony's Nathan Drake project.

Sony's Uncharted movie has a new director. Seth Gordon - The King of Kong - a Fistful of Quarters, Horrible Bosses, Identity Thief - is in final negotiations to helm the Drake's Fortune project.

If you were hoping for a Nathan Drake announcement, forget it; the powers that be still haven't decided who will play him. So feel free to indulge your inner fan, but try not to give Gordon any grief. He's probably got enough on his mind as it is.

The most recent version of the script is by Safe House writer David Guggenheim, and Sony thought it was so good it gave Guggenheim Bad Boys 3. Sony must be hoping this will do well; the misfortunes of its Pictures Unit is one of the reasons why Sony's financials are in such dire shape its debt rating was downgraded to junk.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

I still understand why Uncharted needs to be a film out of all other franchises. Uncharted is basically gaming's Indiana Jones so beyond games it seems redundant.

As for the director, also Horrible Bosses and Identity Thief... nah.

I think it could make a fun movie. The game gets bogged down a lot with all the shooting. I mean, that's quite the body count. A movie wouldn't need that extra video game padding so you'd get a nice streamlined story. Of course that all depends on the story not being completely awful... like that last version was shaping up to be.

I don't mind the idea of an Uncharted movie. Harrison Ford is old and Indiana Jones doesn't exist without him as far as I'm concerned. It would be good to have something to fill that void.

This could still be good if and only if they manage to get Nathan Fillion to play Nathan Drake. Otherwise it's a total washout.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here