Irrational Confirms BioShock's Burial at Sea Episode 2 Launch Date

Irrational Confirms BioShock's Burial at Sea Episode 2 Launch Date

So, who would you like to meet? How about everyone?

"In Burial at Sea - Episode Two, we are delivering a story that involves nearly every major character from the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite," says Ken Levine. "It is a story that will give gamers a new perspective on the BioShock universe and conclude the story of BioShock Infinite and Burial at Sea." Were you wondering when that was going to happen? Is March 25th good enough for you?

But will it return to Columbia? Will it change the way we look at the original BioShock? Will it mutate into a giant bird and hatch the World Egg that will save mankind? Possibly not. But you will get to play as Elizabeth, so at least you have that to look forward to.

Why is everything in March, you ask? Because March is lovely this time of year, that's why.

Two things:

First, playing as a specific character is a bit silly in an FPS. I mean, you may as well just be playing with a new skin for your hands unless there is a major difference in weaponry and abilities available to you.

Second, I dunno. I'm about an hour into Burial At Sea (just got started yesterday) and I can't shake the feeling that I'm just hearing the wind-up to a punchline I've already heard. I suppose I should beat it before forming impressions, but that's the first one I got.

Cool, I'll reinstall the game and play through the first part when its out. I got hold of the season pass for something like 4/5 quid at the end of the Christmas sale. Not a fan of season passes but for that price I'll go with it.

and when it becomes more appropriately priced for its length, i'll buy it. if we assume it's a similar length to the other DLC, then it's aroud 15 for 5 hours worth of content in total? maybe 7 at a push.

i'll wait for a sale

The only thing I really care much about is whether at some point one of these DLC will let us fight Songbird in an actual boss battle, I don't really care for how. It's the one thing that the original game was really missing.

I really wish I hadn't read that GIANT SPOILER at the end of this. :(

I, too, got the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for really cheap on Steam, and I was more than satisfied even with just the first episode of Burial at Sea for the price at which I got it. I don't know how I feel about playing as Elizabeth.

But we'll see when it comes out. Either way, I'm a fan of the style of the games, the worlds and the gameplay and the atmosphere, and I'm glad to get another slice of the pie. For the low price I got the season pass for, I'm happy, and excited for this.

So they're going to do all of that in 5-6 hours huh?
Well, I'm game, but I'm prepped for disappointment.

After how bad Episode 1 was despite the stupidly long development time, I can't say I have my hopes up

suitepee7:
and when it becomes more appropriately priced for its length, i'll buy it. if we assume it's a similar length to the other DLC, then it's aroud 15 for 5 hours worth of content in total? maybe 7 at a push.

i'll wait for a sale

Keep an eye on steam's sales for the regular Bioshock Infinite. I was able to grab the season pass for five bucks during the Christmas sale since it got marked with the lowered price by accident. Steam blunders like that quite often with DLC. Happened with the Civ-5-Addons as well

Something for me to do that day after my birthday.

Well since you asked nicely, then NO! No March 25th is not good enough! Not since that teaser showed Atlas pimping about. Atlas, the man who never existed and no one ever knew him, is kicking about doing not fake things.

Fraught:
I, too, got the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass for really cheap on Steam, and I was more than satisfied even with just the first episode of Burial at Sea for the price at which I got it. I don't know how I feel about playing as Elizabeth.

But we'll see when it comes out. Either way, I'm a fan of the style of the games, the worlds and the gameplay and the atmosphere, and I'm glad to get another slice of the pie. For the low price I got the season pass for, I'm happy, and excited for this.

Spoilers ahoy!

Anyway I'm absurdly hyped for this. :)

Silentpony:
Well since you asked nicely, then NO! No March 25th is not good enough! Not since that teaser showed Atlas pimping about. Atlas, the man who never existed and no one ever knew him, is kicking about doing not fake things.

Atlas was real, in a sense. Fontaine was pretending to be him. He changed his appearance, his accent, everything about himself to make himself into Atlas. Remember, the audio log where you find out what happened to Ryan's girlfriend proves it. She walks in while Fontaine is breaking his Atlas persona, and he kills her to keep it secret. You then find her audio log on her corpse.

I'm very excited to play this game. I liked the first Episode, although it was on the short side. This one holds a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. I'll be sad when it's over.

Lightspeaker:

Fraught:
-snip-

-snip-

Fraught:

Lightspeaker:

Fraught:
-snip-

-snip-

Ed130:

Fraught:

Lightspeaker:

-snip-

Playing as Elizabeth should hopefully open up different gaming possibilities (stealthier perhaps) and meeting the original Bioshock characters with their own models instead of recycled splicer skins does sound nice (one of the things I found really disappointing with the original, felt lazy).

So maybe I'll plug my PS3 back in to play some Bioshock goodness.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here