Pokemon Bank Appears in North American Nintendo 3DS eShop

Pokemon Bank Appears in North American Nintendo 3DS eShop

Pokemon Bank

After much anticipation and delay, Nintendo of America has released its version of Pokemon Bank in the eShop.

The Pokemon Bank app launched today in North American 3DS eShop and is available to download immediately. Anyone who downloads and activates Pokemon Bank before Mar. 14 will receive a free 30-day trial before paying $4.99 for the yearly service.

Pokemon Bank launched in Europe yesterday, leaving North America out of the loop momentarily as Nintendo of America tweeted, "Pokemon Bank has continued to roll out in certain locations. Stay tuned to our social channels for availability in your region." Nintendo has yet to officially announce the app's North American release, but it is in the eShop ready to download.

The service allows users to store and withdraw up to 3,000 Pokemon in cloud storage. The companion app, Poke Transporter can be used with Pokemon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 to transfer Pokemon to X and Y.

Pokemon Bank was launched in Japan on Dec. 25 and then removed from the eShop. It was expected to launch in other regions on Dec. 27, but these were delayed.

Players who download Pokemon Bank before September will receive the legendary Pokemon Celebi at level 10, which will be placed into players' banks. It comes with the moves Hold Back, Recover, Heal Ball, and Safeguard.

Nintendo of America will surely officially announce Pokemon Bank's release soon, but it's available to download now. The free trial is available until Mar. 14. After the free trial users will be required to pay $5 yearly for the service.

Good...now if only I could find my damn Pokemon White Cartridge that has all the event Pokemon I want to transfer on it. >.>
Seriously, it just up and disappeared so I lost my Victini, event Mew, 10th Anniversary Celebi, Pokemon Ranger Manaphy, Colosseum Jirachi, event Legendary Dogs, and all the Pokemon I had since Gen III...I'm still sad about it and pray that one day it just randomly appears in my room. T^T

Out of all of those Pokemon, the ones I can't easily replace are the Victini and Mew, which makes me sad.

Neronium:
Good...now if only I could find my damn Pokemon White Cartridge that has all the event Pokemon I want to transfer on it. >.>

I have the exact same problem right now. It's...Annoying.

Someone care to explain the point of this to someone who hasn't played since Gold/Silver?

DjinnFor:
Someone care to explain the point of this to someone who hasn't played since Gold/Silver?

the reintroduction of older pokemon that can't be normally transferred from ds and gba games (by proxy)?

DjinnFor:

You know how you had to have a link cable and two Gameboys to get your Pokemon from Red/Blue to Gold/Silver? Now they've got a downloadable program. Put your Gen V game card (White/Black/White2/Black2) into your 3DS, upload your Pokemon to the internet, and then download them to X/Y. No more having to find a friend to let you borrow their 3DS to trade Pokemon to yourself.

Zachary Amaranth:

Neronium:

I have the exact same problem right now. It's...Annoying.

Really what's tearing me up the most is the Mew. I didn't know about the 2010 Wifi Mew, so my Mew was one of the rare ones from the Toys R Us event back in 2004. T^T
What's even worse is that the first game I ever tested my DS Capture Board on was Pokemon White, but then it suddenly disappeared after that one test recording.

So is the Transfer tool for Black and White up too? I wasn't sure if it was yet. Because I DO have every Pokemon to exist in my copy of Black.

It wasn't in the shop last night at Midnight EST, I've been waiting for a week now. Finally.

Trishbot:
So is the Transfer tool for Black and White up too? I wasn't sure if it was yet. Because I DO have every Pokemon to exist in my copy of Black.

I'm downloading Poke Transporter now, so it should be.

...At times like these, I remind myself that I don't have every single Pokemon... -_-

I'm going to have to make sure my setup is perfect [enough] for me to download Pokemon Bank right now... The last thing I want to do is waste that 30-day free trial because I can't find my Feebas... *shivers*

For all those wondering how to transfer: Put all the Pokemon you want to transfer into Box 1 of your Black/White(2) game. After you download the poke transfer app, upload Box 1 to the bank. Go back the bank app. Move your cursor up to the Bank 1 tab, then hit the "L" button (left bumper), it will bring up the transport box. Then you can transfer to the pokemon to the bank boxes or game boxes.

Does anyone know where you're supposed to go to redeem these "gifts" it keeps telling me I have?

Aris Khandr:
Does anyone know where you're supposed to go to redeem these "gifts" it keeps telling me I have?

Open up the Pokemon XY game, at the main menu, the last item on the menu should be a green bar that says "POKEMON LINK". Use that option. It should download the data from the bank and add it to your game.

Kinda want to use this, but kinda don't. I've never given much of a damn about trading or online battling. But if I use it to restart my game, well, there goes my blazikenite. No item storage.

I was so excited for the bank but since I have satisfied my pokemon desires months ago I don't feel the need to go back.

Downloaded, now when do I get the Celebi? Also, I understand the no item storage but an exception should be made for the ultimate evolution stones. Was going to restart my game but now meh.

GAunderrated:
I was so excited for the bank but since I have satisfied my pokemon desires months ago I don't feel the need to go back.

Same; I spent more time than I care to mention breeding a perfect team for a replay and haven't thought of pokemon for months... Shin Megami Tensei is probably to blame.

I've gotta say fiddling with 4 programs (Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon X, Pokemon Bank, and PokeTransfer) is by FAR the stupidest and most pointlessly complicated way they could have imagined to transfer shit between games, takes me 10-15 minutes to transfer 1 box.

I only managed to upload 1 box of Pokémon White to the Bank and now every try of using the Poké Transporter ends in "error 006-0501" :/

search_rip:
I only managed to upload 1 box of Pokémon White to the Bank and now every try of using the Poké Transporter ends in "error 006-0501" :/

Same issue. Probably all the people using it at once.

JSoup:

search_rip:

Same issue. Probably all the people using it at once.

Yep, that's surely the issue. I kept trying and managed to transfer another box with my legendaries before it stop working again. Too many people at once are breaking Nintendo's net again...

Silvianoshei:
I've gotta say fiddling with 4 programs (Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon X, Pokemon Bank, and PokeTransfer) is by FAR the stupidest and most pointlessly complicated way they could have imagined to transfer shit between games, takes me 10-15 minutes to transfer 1 box.

Actually while needlessly complicated, compared to having to trade, pal park and that wi-fi mini game trade, it's probably the simplest method they've used. Yeah, it took hours, but the old methods took days.

Redd the Sock:

Silvianoshei:

Actually while needlessly complicated, compared to having to trade, pal park and that wi-fi mini game trade, it's probably the simplest method they've used. Yeah, it took hours, but the old methods took days.

Sure, but that doesn't really excuse them this time.

Why do we have to pay? I'm used to trading pokemon between gameboys for free. Using the pokemon stadium box for free. Unlocking pokemon via gameshark for free. Surfing up and down cinnabar island for missingno to destroy my game files for free...

Why do these technological upgrades always come with a new price tag that wasn't there before

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here