Hyped Pre-Orders 20% Off: Elder Scrolls Online & Titanfall

Hyped Pre-Orders 20% Off: Elder Scrolls Online & Titanfall

Nothing screams hype more than 70+ awards for a game that hasn't been released yet.

Next month the AAA FPS release Titanfall will hit the shelves for console and PC. Maybe you don't know this yet, but newsflash: you're going to buy this game. Heck, I bought 50 copies. At least that's what every critic and the shining awards say we'll be doing. Hype aside, Titanfall is definitely on the list of highly anticipated titles for 2014. If you've already decided you're going to buy, there's a 20% off pre-order coupon for Titanfall's Digital Edition (Origin key). No deals yet for the consoles, plus the 360 version is now delayed until March 25th, so another leg up if you're a PC gamer.

In other deal news for big 2014 releases, The Sims 4 is also on the price-chopping block. While the game still has a TBA release date, there's an incredibly hot deal on GMG (disclaimer: potential price mistake) where you can pre-order The Sims 4 for only $40 (or effectively $36 after in-store credit). Essentially, GMG is giving the pre-order bonus incentive of $12 in-store credit or $8 cash back - but what's crazy is the 20% off coupon for The Sims 4 stacks with this deal, making it only $40 if you go with the cash back option, or $36 in effective value if you go with the store credit.

Last in big release news, in late January Bethesda released details on the Imperial Edition of its upcoming The Elder Scrolls Online title. At the same time, the pre-order appeared on sale at the usual gaming retailer suspects. The same coupon for the games above knocks $12 off the $60 list price for the Standard Edition of ESO and $16 off the $80 list price for the Imperial Edition of ESO. Additionally, pre-orders will get you a couple of other bonuses, listed below.

Big 2014 PC Game Pre-Order Deals

Use coupon FEB20OFF or UKFEB20OFF (in the UK) for the deals below:

The Elder Scrolls Online: Digital Imperial Edition - $64 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases April 4. List is $80. Deal expires February 14. In the UK, the coupon will reduce the price to 56, and in the EU, down to €64. 30 days of game time is included. Pre-order bonuses include 5 day early access (beginning March 30th), the Explorer Pack (which lets you play any of the 9 races in any Alliance), four bonus treasure maps, and a Scuttler vanity pet. FYI: You'll receive the early access key before the game's actual key. Imperial Edition has additional digital content, detailed below:

• Ability to play the Imperial race (not in Standard Edition)
  • Ability to craft Imperial style gears
  • Ability to transform gears into Imperial style
  • Rings of Mara (Gets you bonus XP with a partner/friend)
  • Mudcrab Vanity Pet

The Elder Scrolls Online - $48 at Green Man Gaming.

The Standard Edition of ESO. Releases April 4. List is $60. Deal expires February 14. In the UK, the coupon will reduce the price to 40, and in the EU, down to €44. Buying the game of course includes 30 days of game time. The pre-order bonuses include 3 day early access (begins April 1st) and the same Explorer Pack listed above.

The Sims 4 + $12 Credit or $8 Cash Back - $48 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases February 20. List is $60. Deal expires February 14. Disclaimer: This may be a price mistake as GMG usually does not stack coupons with credit / cash back bonuses. Origin key.

Titanfall - $48 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases March 11. List is $60. Origin key.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - $48 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases March 4. Next best is $49 at Rakuten. Deal expires February 14. Full Steam key (no Uplay required, even though it's now a Ubisoft-published title).

Child of Light - $12.00 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases April 30. List is $15. Deal expires February 28. Uplay key.

More Hot PC Digital Deals

Battlefield 4 Premium Service - $37.50 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $50. Deal expires February 14. Origin key.

Civilization V Gold + Brave New World - $19.99 at NewEgg.

List is $80. Steam key. (Complete Civ V experience)

Company of Heroes 2 - $13.60 at GamersGate.

Next best is $40 at GameStop. Deal expires February 12. Steam key.

Dead Man's Draw - $7.99 at GameFly.

Released last Thursday. List is $10. Deal expires February 28. Steam key.

Real World Racing - $6.75 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $15. Deal expires February 14. Steam key.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals.

Posted 11 February 2014 10:30 pm

DrStrangelove:

The Standard Edition of ESO. Releases April 4. List is $60. Deal expires February 7.

I think you may have missed the boat on this one...

That 70+ Awards ad is such incredible BS. It made me sort of hope that the game would flop

Adam Locking:
Posted 11 February 2014 10:30 pm

DrStrangelove:

The Standard Edition of ESO. Releases April 4. List is $60. Deal expires February 7.

I think you may have missed the boat on this one...

Woops. Messed up there. It actually expires Feb 14.

MinionJoe:
Anyone who preorders a digital product deserves nothing less than a kick in the teeth.

I'm happy with my Star Citizen preorder.

Kinda. I hope.

Don't disappoint me RSI. Feeling pretty fragile and don't want to get teeth kicked in.

MinionJoe:
Anyone who preorders a digital product deserves nothing less than a kick in the teeth.

Oh piss off, this is uncalled for. If you have full intentions on buying it regardless AND they're offering discounts for pre-purchasing I see no harm in the practice. I myself picked up South Park: Stick of Truth because I planned on picking it up at launch anyway and I could get it cheaper by pre-ordering it.

Well considering I already decided to pass on TESO AND I wont buy anything published by EA, I'm pretty limited on that list of deals. That only game that is interesting to me is The Stick of Truth. Classic turn base RPG in the world of South Park...sound interesting. Plus it's written and voiced by Matt and Trey.

...does this smell of desperation to anyone else?
I think Beth is scared shitless that TESO is going to tank, which it almost certainly will.

Smilomaniac:
...does this smell of desperation to anyone else?
I think Beth is scared shitless that TESO is going to tank, which it almost certainly will.

Its the retailer offering the deal but yeah I'm sure the publishers may have some say in it too.

Seems a bit much to say they're scared though. So far ESO is selling very well in pre-order from #s we can see - but that's for the hardcore, early adopters.

Who knows how the game will be 6 months from now? 1 year from now? F2P? *shrug*

Smilomaniac:
Snip.

XenoScifi:
Snip.

Having been a long time customer and aficionado of GreenManGaming, I can tell you that this isn't how the retailer works. The coupon in question isn't for The Elder Scrolls Online. It's for any digital purchase on their site. Any of them. That's how almost all of their coupons work. Naturally, I'm sure they still have to coordinate with each publisher and take the hit in some form, but very rarely are the coupons for a specific game. It's very much a site wide coupon. You don't have to use that coupon on TESO. Dealzon is just pointing out to those that might be interested that you can get a decently-anticipated game for a good deal if that's what your inclination is.

In fact, having taken advantage of this coupon myself, I can tell you that the deal is "20% off any digital game."

GrinningCat:

Having been a long time customer and aficionado of GreenManGaming, I can tell you that this isn't how the retailer works. The coupon in question isn't for The Elder Scrolls Online. It's for any digital purchase on their site. Any of them. That's how almost all of their coupons work. Naturally, I'm sure they still have to coordinate with each publisher and take the hit in some form, but very rarely are the coupons for a specific game. It's very much a site wide coupon. You don't have to use that coupon on TESO. Dealzon is just pointing out to those that might be interested that you can get a decently-anticipated game for a good deal if that's what your inclination is.

In fact, having taken advantage of this coupon myself, I can tell you that the deal is "20% off any digital game."

That's useful and clear information, thanks a lot. I honestly thought it was a nerve reaction to the questionable responses there has been thus far.

Smilomaniac:

GrinningCat:

That's useful and clear information, thanks a lot. I honestly thought it was a nerve reaction to the questionable responses there has been thus far.

I certainly don't blame you at all for thinking that. The coupon does make the Imperial Edition cost roughly that of a Standard Edition without a coupon. So, you were kind of right to be thinking along those lines.

But don't you worry about that. GMG is above that and I highly recommend them. They're trying certain things that set themselves apart from Steam, such as coupons and trade-ins. I haven't tried out the trade-in myself, but it's a valiant goal that I'd like to see others adopt for the digital era.

otakon17:

MinionJoe:

Oh piss off, this is uncalled for. If you have full intentions on buying it regardless AND they're offering discounts for pre-purchasing I see no harm in the practice. I myself picked up South Park: Stick of Truth because I planned on picking it up at launch anyway and I could get it cheaper by pre-ordering it.

Thank you so much otakon17 and stop making me laugh, the entire office just looked at me!

MinionJoe,If someone wants to pre-order, let them, there's discounts and goodies to be had from preordering. So if it's a game you have your heart set on why not pre-order?!

putowtin:

MinionJoe,If someone wants to pre-order, let them, there's discounts and goodies to be had from preordering. So if it's a game you have your heart set on why not pre-order?!

I think this article explains it rather well:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132173-EA-CCO-Says-SimCity-Battlefield-4-Launches-Werent-That-Bad

The Chief CREATIVE Officer of EA thinks SimCity and BF4 launches were alright, because people bought it.

But hey, at least all those long-time SimCity fans got free British/French/German buildings by pre-ordering, yeah?

And it's not just EA. All those people that pre-ordered Aliens: Colonial Marines and Total War: Rome 2 had absolutely no reason not to pre-order, being fans of each series. And they did get fancy gun skins and an addition unlocked faction. Doesn't really matter the games were unplayable so long as those pre-orders rolled in and the "freebies" were delivered.

Still, I'm sure ESO, Stick of Truth, and even Star Citizen won't have any problems and fully warrant people giving them interest-free loans. So everyone should feel free to let companies exploit hope and brand recognition in order to make a profit before ever delivering a product. After all, it's the only way you're going to get to play certain races/characters/factions.

And what about all those Batman fans that pre-ordered Arkham Origins? They're not even going to get a functional game before they're expected to fork out more $$$ for DLC. Guess they should go ahead and preorder that DLC so they can save 20% off of the already inflated sticker price. Nothing wrong with that at all...

I use GMG and I knew of this coupon (some games ARE excluded from what the fine print read). I thought this article was about a different offer that GMG was offering. I went over to GMG last night and that 20% coupon was not up. As of right now that coupon is still not up (unless they moved it). Oh wells :)

GrinningCat:

*thumbs up* to this explanation.

for clarify sake though this particular 20% off coupon only works on select games. they usually have a site-wide one but this isnt one of them :( and their site-wide ones usually have caveats of certain titles being excluded (usually EA AAA titles etc). thats usually what we try to make easier: figure out the ones it works on and compare/contrast against other retailers that may be having the same/better discount.

XenoScifi:
I use GMG and I knew of this coupon (some games ARE excluded from what the fine print read). I thought this article was about a different offer that GMG was offering. I went over to GMG last night and that 20% coupon was not up. As of right now that coupon is still not up (unless they moved it). Oh wells :)

hmm do you mean "not up" as in its not working or a 20% site-wide one isn't up yet.

as far as we know, the 20% above is still working for the titles listed. as for a site-wide one... I'm sure everyone is waiting for one.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here