Official Lego Ghostbusters Set Will Look Like This, Cost $50

Official Lego Ghostbusters Set Will Look Like This, Cost $50

The final design of the official Lego Ghostbusters set has been revealed at the New York Toy Fair.

Both Lego and Ghostbusters fans were beyond overjoyed earlier this year, when Lego announced that the next official "Cuusoo" Lego set would be Lego Ghostbusters. However, diehard Lego fans were just a little bit skeptical, considering that the Lego Back to the Future set's official design looked quite a bit different from the fan's original vision.

Well, now you can judge the official design of the Ghostbusters set for yourself, as it was unveiled at this year's New York Toy Fair, along with some information about the set, namely, that it will be available for purchase in June 2014 for USD $49.99 / CAD $59.99. Check it out below:

"This fun and iconic vehicle from the blockbusting '80s movie is fully loaded with all the paranormal detection equipment needed to track down those ghastly ghosts. It also features cool Ghostbusters logo decoration, removable roof, tracking computer and seats for 3 minifigures."

Lego Ghostbusters was only made possible by close collaboration with fan builder Brent Waller. Here's a picture of him in full Ghostbusters gear. What a guy.

Furthermore, Lego announced that yes, it had "skipped a number". It said that Lego Cuusoo set number six, the Exo Suit, "is coming along nicely-however we're not quite ready to share details."

What do you guys think of the official design? I think it turned out a lot nicer than the DeLorean, and stayed a lot more true to Waller's original scope. This is one that I will definitely be picking up as soon as it hits stores.

Source: Lego Cuusoo Blog

I Don't like it, I love it. I Don't want to wish months away but I'd quite like this now, please.

FIFTY BUCKS?! For that ludicrous price, I could buy a tripe-A...next-gen...EA...title.....um...

Sold.

Oh! My! G-O-S-H! =D

So who do I talk to in order to get the firehouse playset and other Lego Ghostbusters figures?

kind of cool looking i guess.. but as much as i love ghostbusters i can think of a lot of better things to spend $50 besides plastic bricks

Barbas:
FIFTY BUCKS?! For that ludicrous price, I could buy a tripe-A...next-gen...EA...title.....um...

:in terrible Bugs bunny impression: Yeas?

Barbas:
Sold.

That's what I thought. :P

that seems... really expensive. i know lego is expensive anyway, but for what you're getting, this seems like a tad too much IMO

Hold up. This isn't going to be like, $300 dollars or even $120 because it's a special edition set?

*Throws money at the screen*

OT: WHAT A DEAL. Stuff like this are usually super expensive because it's unique, and based off a movie/popular reference. I remember seeing simple figurines of a show being worth over $200 despite being the size of my hand! So heck yeah- seeing this being just $50 is probably the most legit deal ever.

Video games despite quality or scale of greatness/lameness is $60 plus tax. This fine set is just $50.
Totally would look into it if I was going to the New York Toy Fair lol.

I love it! I LOVE IT! Now they made to make a LEGO video game!

suitepee7:
that seems... really expensive. i know lego is expensive anyway, but for what you're getting, this seems like a tad too much IMO

Nah! It's about what we all expected. The Back to the Future Delorean was $35 with 2 figures and a much smaller vehicle. If they are doing a similar full photo printed square bound book with this one as well I can easily see it as being $50 with the larger vehicle, higher piece count and additional figs.

It's really impressive how fast this one went from project proposal to prototype to production version. It normally takes around 6 months from the review decision before we see the actual final version. This was maybe 4 weeks? if that's the case I hope we see this by late summer. The Exo Suit is interesting. But this set is amazing! I'm already making shelf space for it.

I must have that one, it looks so cool!!!

I'll construct it with the theme playing on my PC.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here