Samsung is Bringing Android 4.4 KitKat to 14 More Devices

Samsung is Bringing Android 4.4 KitKat to 14 More Devices

14 Samsung phones and tablets are getting Google's latest OS.

Android 4.4 KitKat

Starting today, Samsung will be updating 14 of its Galaxy-branded smartphones and tablets to the latest version of Google's mobile operating system.

Android 4.4, codenamed KitKat, will reportedly push out to Sprint- and U.S. Cellular-connected Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 devices starting today, although the same IBT report says the S4 push actually started last week. Either way, S4 users should be on the lookout for the new version.

But it's not just about flagship devices in this round of updates. 12 other devices are also breaking into a KitKat bar, and the full list is as follows:

• Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
  • Samsung Galaxy Mega
  • Samsung Galaxy Light
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
  • If you're rocking any of the above devices -- particularly older phones like the S3 -- let us know when the update pops up!

Not sure whether to be excited or not, just got an s4 (had it about 3 weeks now) and I have just got used to where everything is. Everything seems to be working fine ... so when new software comes out, I will probably have to re-learn everything and knowing technology these days, it will be as buggy as all fuck.

... I'm not paranoid, they really are after me!

Anyway, what has it really added? Location Menu (I care not a jot!), Enhanced Messaging (never have nor ever will use hangouts), Upgraded Google Mobile Service (never really take photos and never taken a video, docs and iles might be good though) and that's shallot!

Right on. I just picked up an S4, and was a bit surprised to see it was still on jellybean. Glad to see I wont have to wait long. And my Note gets it too!

omega 616:
    Not sure whether to be excited or not, just got an s4 (had it about 3 weeks now) and I have just got used to where everything is. Everything seems to be working fine ... so when new software comes out, I will probably have to re-learn everything and knowing technology these days, it will be as buggy as all fuck.

... I'm not paranoid, they really are after me!

Anyway, what has it really added? Location Menu (I care not a jot!), Enhanced Messaging (never have nor ever will use hangouts), Upgraded Google Mobile Service (never really take photos and never taken a video, docs and iles might be good though) and that's shallot!

It should also make the device run better. We'll see though. I know the last few updates have made my Note 2 work better each time.

Ooh, my S3 Mini is in there.
    I wonder when I'll be able to update.
    Guess I'll have to connect to the internet sometime.

Good my device is there, but I will miss the Jelly Bean's easter egg, when you do into setting, about device and triple click the android version. Which is the screen will be fill with jelly bean that you can fling.

I'm a few weeks away from being able to upgrade my phone. I can't wait. I should have gotten a Samsung to begin with, but the LG Spectrum was just too new and shiny. I had no idea it wouldn't get any of the preferential treatment. It was my first smartphone so I assumed all Android were created equally. Sadly, they are not.

I'll be eager to trade up in the mean time.

Wow they are just getting Kit Kat? I have had it for a few months now on my Nexus 4. Then again Samsung has an entirely different Android UI then most other devices.

This is only happening now? *Chortles*

I think I will continue to stick with Nexus and pure Android. That Touchbloat crap clearly even slows down everything including development.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Register for a free account here