Battlefield 4: Naval Strike DLC Gets New Weapons Video

Battlefield 4: Naval Strike DLC Gets New Weapons Video

AA Mines are going to be so much fun!

New maps, modes, and vehicles (hovercrafts!) are due in Naval Strike, the next DLC pack for Battlefield 4, but I'm most interested in the handful of new weaponry being added to the mix.

It looks like the fine folks over at jackfrags feel the same way, since they uploaded footage of all the forthcoming weapons in action, including the new AA Mine.

All four playable classes in BF4 are getting some sort of new weapon. The Assault class gets the AR160 assault rifle, Engineers can play with the SR-2 personal defense weapon, Support can decimate with the AWS LMG, and the 8x scope-equipped SR338 is for Recon sniper jerks.

A new pistol, the SW40 revolver, will be available to all classes.

Rounding out the new carried weapons, the 3GL grenade launcher shoots three smaller noob tube grenades instead of the traditional one (think V40 mini nades in tube form). It will surely be the bane of every infantryman's existence when Naval Strike hits later this month.

What tickles my fancy above all else, though? The new AA Mines being added to the Engineer Loadout. Seen in the beginning of the above video, AA Mines are deployable surface-to-air missile launcher gadgets that should give roving, tank-less Engys some much needed defense against air attackers. Or if you want to be the biggest jerk in the server, you can force a flare pop with your AA Mine, then spam the bejesus out of the enemy jet/chopper with your IGLA or Stinger.

There's no specific launch date as of yet, but DICE says Naval Strike will arrive "in late March."

I'm still probably holding off on buying this until the first "complete edition" comes out but have they fixed all the stuff they said they'd put DLC work on hold for?

SecondPrize:
I'm still probably holding off on buying this until the first "complete edition" comes out but have they fixed all the stuff they said they'd put DLC work on hold for?

They just wrote a long blog/news post on what they've been doing and what they're doing to fix the stability of the game 4 days ago. It's looking good so far: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/

Looking forward to some of those new weapons, and those AA mines look hilarious to use.

I have to admit I read A.A. Milne instead of AA Mine. I was wondering what the Levolution on the Hundred Acre Wood level would be.

I still love Battlefield, but my experience has been overwhelmingly positive, with only a couple of disconnects in the first week after launch. Oh and too many snipers.

This gets me a little nervous. The AA is now less powerful, both support and engineer are getting AA-weapons. But neither the scout or any of the planes have been upgraded, also no other effective countermeasure have been added.

On the plus side though, the Attack heli's with both a gunner and a rocket upgrade, but nothing in air defense.

This gets me a little nervous. The AA is now less powerful, both support and engineer are getting AA-weapons. But neither the scout or any of the planes have been upgraded, also no other effective countermeasure have been added.

On the plus side though, the Attack heli's with both a gunner and a rocket upgrade, but nothing in air defense.

oh look, another weapon that will be banned from servers just like Stingers and Iglas.

ceebee:

"Balance" is a...um..."balancing act." One that DICE has not shown me they know how to get right. Of the BF games I've played (which admittedly has not been all of them), each time DICE attempts to balance something, they either fail to do so, or end up buffing something else to ridiculous levels.

My first true experience was aircraft (J10 in particular) in BF2, and the piss poor AA that never got fixed. BF2142 was much better with regard to balance though.

I skipped Bad Company, but BC2 once again brought the "overpowered aircraft" gumming up the works. Stayed away from BF after that but would check in every now and then. Based on stuff that I read about BF3, it seemed to the the same "aircraft are too powerful. Now they're too weak. Now they're too powerful again" stuff going on, and I fear it will be the same in BF4, just based on comments like yours.

Personally, balancing issues are my biggest turn off from MP games. DICE's sketchy deployments haven't helped either.

Kalezian:
oh look, another weapon that will be banned from servers just like Stingers and Iglas.

Oddly enough, I have yet to encounter a server that bans the use of anti-air weapons.

Infantry-based AA doesn't bug me in BF4. What DOES irritate the crap out of me? The AA vehicles. How often are you flying around in a jet or chopper, only to get slammed by active radar missiles coming from an AA tank that's still in the enemy's uncap base? Pretty frustrating, yeah?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here