Titanfall Fans In South Africa Ask EA To Let Them Play - Update

Pages PREV 1 2

Andy Chalk:

Update: Build Our Titans ZA has confirmed that even though Titanfall isn't being released in South Africa, South Africans can still play it by getting a non-region-locked key for the game and redeeming it through Origin. Both Kinguin.net and Evopoints.co.za are reportedly offering them.

"Although this is a work around it is a VERY simple one," the group wrote on the Build Our Titans ZA Facebook page. "We would suggest you take all that pent up frustration over the last couple of days and unleash it on some unsuspecting EU pilots!"

It added that it will continue to push EA and Respawn to disclose the real reasons for the release cancellation, but for all practical purposes considers the problem solved. "Our goal was to give ZA pilots the CHOICE to play Titanfall," it continued. "It seems that choice is available (through no actions of our own) and every ZA pilot who wants to play the game now, can do so."

To be honest this entire story screams "meh". At first I thought that it was like the Xbox One where in some countries even if you get one you cant use it as there is no way to connect it online, but if here they can still buy the game in many ways being only the retail option cut out I really dont see why such a push for it to be released. Sure, the more casual player might not get it if he wasnt all that interest to begin with but that guy probably doesnt even have a decent internet considering the internet quality of the country. I guess this ends up being a game for a very hardcore crowd in there and that crowd is probably well aware of the other ways of buying games.

I have a feeling this is also linked to the XBone that was not yet officially released here in South Africa, especially that it is a XBone exclusive (and PC), but this can also be linked back to the Azure Servers for the delay of the XBone release. I got my Titanfall key, and pre-loading is running with a bit of hickups... 33 hours to go...

EXhale1N:
I have a feeling this is also linked to the XBone that was not yet officially released here in South Africa, especially that it is a XBone exclusive (and PC), but this can also be linked back to the Azure Servers for the delay of the XBone release. I got my Titanfall key, and pre-loading is running with a bit of hickups... 33 hours to go...

It's also on the 360 so it's not really exclusive. (not that a game also on PC counts as exclusive either btw)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here