The Jacksonville Jaguars Will Soon Own World's Largest LED HD Displays

The Jacksonville Jaguars Will Soon Own World's Largest LED HD Displays

Enough room for three full HD replays at once.

Daktronics Jacksonville Jaguars HD LED

Four losing seasons in the last five years can't keep these cats down!

The Jacksonville Jaguars have commissioned Daktronics to build the largest LED-lit HD displays in the world for their home turf, EverBank Field.

Two displays are being built, one for each end zone, and both will measure 362 feet wide by 60 feet tall. That's good enough to stretch from goal post to goal post, and both displays combined would completely cover the field.

Why so big? Each display will have room for three 106x60-foot replay scenes, along with a fourth smaller 44x60-foot space for other graphics. The displays will have a "13HD pixel" layout, so even the biggest content package will have a relatively sharp look.

The two end zone panels will be complimented by a suite of other new, smaller displays, including new corner units, new ribbon displays (those strips on the edge of the upper deck at most arenas), and new panels above the stadium tunnels.

Now Jaguars fans will have plenty of distraction from the merciless throttling their team is undoubtedly on the receiving end of.

Yah! Jaguar fans can watch in super duper awesome HD vision their team getting it's ass kicked! :D

Not like my team, the Minnesota Viki....

You know what, maybe I shouldn't be throwing stones from my glass house.

tippy2k2:
Yah! Jaguar fans can watch in super duper awesome HD vision their team getting it's ass kicked! :D

There there, I know what it's like to have sports teams that disappoint your town. I'm from San Diego, so we have both the Padres and the Chargers... (>.>)

OT: The sheer amount of power that thing must use up is sure to make that electricity bill be high that's for sure. XD

Well, on one hand this is a pretty obvious attempt to get fans to come to games despite the team being painfully bad.

On the other hand, my hometown arena Pepsi Center installed a new jumbotron, at the time the largest indoor display, and I have to admit it's pretty fucking epic. Stretches between the blue lines for hockey games, and is crystal clear (compared to the old one which must have been something like 200x200 resolution). So, I guess I won't judge them too harshly for at least wanting to improve that one aspect of fan experience.

And the tens of Jaguars fans jump for joy!

Neronium:

tippy2k2:

There there, I know what it's like to have sports teams that disappoint your town. I'm from San Diego, so we have both the Padres and the Chargers... (>.>)

Pfffffft, try being from Kansas City and a frickin' Chiefs fan. "But you guys had a good season!" against nine frickin' back-up quarterbacks. As soon as we played anyone that actually had some talent we got throttled.

I mean, when you're in the playoffs leading the Colts 38 to frickin' 10 at the half and you manage to lose that game there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your team. It's fucking embarrassing. Excuse the language, but it really is fucking embarrassing.

At least I've long since given up caring about the Royals. :P

OT: The only good thing about being a Chiefs fan is that things haven't gotten so bad that our stadium has started giving out free beer...as was the case last year in Jacksonville. Come to think of it, that might be another bad thing about being a Chiefs fan...we're not bad enough to warrant free booze to lure fans into the stadium. :P

RJ 17:

Pfffffft, try being from Kansas City and a frickin' Chiefs fan. "But you guys had a good season!" against nine frickin' back-up quarterbacks. As soon as we played anyone that actually had some talent we got throttled.

I mean, when you're in the playoffs leading the Colts 38 to frickin' 10 at the half and you manage to lose that game there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your team. It's fucking embarrassing. Excuse the language, but it really is fucking embarrassing.

At least Kansas City has won a Super Bowl, Chargers have never one a Super Bowl before ever. There is a reason my grandfather calls them the "team of almost". We've never even played in a Super Bowl match before, and the closet I remember from when I was a kid was that embarrassing 2004 match against the New York Jets. Padres on the other hand, well they used to be good, but then they started to drop off real fast around 2003 if you ask me.
As for our stadium, we've had many a times in which our games are blacked out because not enough people bought tickets. Chargers keep threatening to leave San Diego, and many San Diegians at this point would tell them "make sure you don't forget anything."

Neronium:

RJ 17:

At least Kansas City has won a Super Bowl, Chargers have never one a Super Bowl before ever. There is a reason my grandfather calls them the "team of almost". We've never even played in a Super Bowl match before, and the closet I remember from when I was a kid was that embarrassing 2004 match against the New York Jets. Padres on the other hand, well they used to be good, but then they started to drop off real fast around 2003 if you ask me.
As for our stadium, we've had many a times in which our games are blacked out because not enough people bought tickets. Chargers keep threatening to leave San Diego, and many San Diegians at this point would tell them "make sure you don't forget anything."

That threat, coupled with this article (showing that the Jags are investing in their stadium) tells me that their might be some truth to what Chargers ownership is saying. Include the fact that LA is laying ground for a new footballs stadium into an attempt to lure another team into relocating.

Originally, there were four teams that had a shot at relocating to LA; San Diego, Oakland, Minnesota, and Jacksonville. Vikes ownership blackmailed Minnesota into footing the bill for a new stadium, Jags are improving theirs (plus Khan is so enamored with London that they are probably a lead candidate for the eventual pro team there), which leaves just San Diego and Oakland. Not looking good for Chargers fans.

Neronium:

RJ 17:

Your real problem is Rivers. He can be a spectacular quarterback when he wants to be.....but he has a tendency to choke under pressure. :P

My real problem is Peyton fucking Manning. Out of ALL the teams in ALL the conferences in the NFL, he just HAD to come to the AFC West....and play for the damn Broncos of all people...

At least we can both take solace in the fact that we're not Raiders fans. :P

Brian Tams:

That threat, coupled with this article (showing that the Jags are investing in their stadium) tells me that their might be some truth to what Chargers ownership is saying. Include the fact that LA is laying ground for a new footballs stadium into an attempt to lure another team into relocating.

Originally, there were four teams that had a shot at relocating to LA; San Diego, Oakland, Minnesota, and Jacksonville. Vikes ownership blackmailed Minnesota into footing the bill for a new stadium, Jags are improving theirs (plus Khan is so enamored with London that they are probably a lead candidate for the eventual pro team there), which leaves just San Diego and Oakland. Not looking good for Chargers fans.

Believe me, the Chargers have thrown a hissy fit about wanting a new stadium for years now and subsequently have been threatening to leave in all those times. At this point I'll believe it when I see it. I believe it was about 2 or so years ago in which they wanted to put the new stadium in my city, Chula Vista, and nearly everyone in Chula Vista said a rousing hell no to them. Then the Chargers threw a hissy fit about Qualcomm (which mind you is old) and after a while everything went back to normal. Heck the NFL themselves have bought out a bunch of tickets multiple times so that the game wouldn't be blacked out for San Diegians. I mean, Qualcomm has been around since before I was born, and up until about 2004 it was actually shared by the Padres and would alternate between being a baseball stadium and a football stadium.

In all honesty though I wouldn't be surprised if LA wanted a football team again, they used to have the Raiders before the Raiders went to Oakland, and if they were to get the Chargers I wonder if they'd actually fire some of the coaches that keep botching up everything. When I was a child, I used to have pride in the Chargers, well half-pride since my mother is a 49ers fan and the year I was born I had pictures of me taken in a 49ers jersey and a Chargers one, but nowadays I just laugh at how they can be up by 24 to nothing in the first half only to lose the lead in the second half and wind up losing the game in general.

RJ 17:
Your real problem is Rivers. He can be a spectacular quarterback when he wants to be.....but he has a tendency to choke under pressure. :P

My real problem is Peyton fucking Manning. Out of ALL the teams in ALL the conferences in the NFL, he just HAD to come to the AFC West....and play for the damn Broncos of all people...

At least we can both take solace in the fact that we're not Raiders fans. :P

Yeah I have to agree that Rivers tends to choke under pressure, but it seems to have gotten worse over time.
And yes, we both can take solace for not being Raiders fans, although I think my hatred of the Raiders stems more from the fact that I'm a San Diegian in general. XD

Neronium:

RJ 17:

Five Superbowl attempts and five losses (and none in my life D:)

Our very best chance in 2009 was lost when Favre went Favre on the bit

Besides, according to Rick Riley, you can't be the worst off fans in a warm weather state for you have warm weather to make you happy. We're miserable in the cold AND our football team sucks.

tippy2k2:

Well, they are building a new stadium, so don't be giving them ideas.

I can only drown so many sorrows in my beer when I watch them that I don't need another reason. >:(

OT: That's pretty cool.

I would make a snarky remark about them having one, but I already admitted to being a Vikings fans, so the jokes on me. :/

I will say Jerry Jones must be pissed that he can't have one in his stadium though. :D

As with any article that even mentions the Jaguars, I am obliged to thank them for beating us the final game of the 2011 season, allowing us to draft one Mr. Andrew Luck.

I'll never completely hate the Jags because of that one simple meaningless (to them) December game.

As for you Kansas City fans, it's a real shame you've lost the last eight playoff games, with half of them coming at the hands of my Colts. Did I say shame? I meant it's such a pleasure, I hope we meet up in the playoffs every single year from now until football gets outlawed :D

OT- The Jags plan on showing the RedZone channel on part of their displays, in an effort to bring more fans into the stadium. Why watch Blaine Gabbert and/or Chad Henne stink it up on the field, when you can watch a shitload of touchdowns all across the league on a screen bigger than your effing house.

You know who has it tough Jets fans the jets havent won the super bowl since 1969 and have to share a stadium with the giants who've won 4 times in that time (yeah I know Jags have never been to the super bowl but at least they dont share a city)

Neronium:

tippy2k2:

OT: The sheer amount of power that thing must use up is sure to make that electricity bill be high that's for sure. XD

Hahhaha, I am a New Englander so I have the Patriots, but we have the Celtics, yeah.

RJ 17:

Neronium:

tippy2k2:

OT: The only good thing about being a Chiefs fan is that things haven't gotten so bad that our stadium has started giving out free beer...as was the case last year in Jacksonville. Come to think of it, that might be another bad thing about being a Chiefs fan...we're not bad enough to warrant free booze to lure fans into the stadium. :P

Well, the Chiefs turned it around faster than Raiders did.

If you want good reasons to complain, be a Raiders fan like me.

At least Dodgers fans have every reason to hope. :D

FloodOne:
As for you Kansas City fans, it's a real shame you've lost the last eight playoff games, with half of them coming at the hands of my Colts. Did I say shame? I meant it's such a pleasure, I hope we meet up in the playoffs every single year from now until football gets outlawed :D

What's really disgusting is that I thought out chances would actually increase when Manning left the Colts. But no, of course he had to come to our division...and play for the god damn Broncos, firmly cementing the fact that the Chiefs have no chance of doing anything at all until Manning decides to retire. Seriously though, as you pointed out it's become a tradition that every time the Chiefs manage make it into the playoffs we'll play the Colts first round and get our asses kicked. But then again everyone knew our team was an absolute fraud last year. We played against 9 back-up quarterbacks in a row, which ballooned our record. Now since we did so "well", we've got a crappy place in the draft and our schedule next season will undoubtedly kick our ass.

Woo-hoo. Go Chiefs...

mysecondlife:
Well, the Chiefs turned it around faster than Raiders did.

If you want good reasons to complain, be a Raiders fan like me.

At least Dodgers fans have every reason to hope. :D

Personally I'd much rather have a team that you know is bad rather than have a team that creates an illusion of success only to have them absolutely crush your dreams in the end when it turns out "Yeah, they're still just as crappy as ever." Every time we went up against a real team with a real quarterback we got destroyed. Only the Chiefs could lose a playoff game that they were winning 38 to 10 at the half. But that game pretty much summed up our entire season: any kind of success we were having was nothing but smoke and mirrors that quickly dissolved into ash and dust.

RJ 17:

FloodOne:

What's really disgusting is that I thought out chances would actually increase when Manning left the Colts. But no, of course he had to come to our division...and play for the god damn Broncos, firmly cementing the fact that the Chiefs have no chance of doing anything at all until Manning decides to retire. Seriously though, as you pointed out it's become a tradition that every time the Chiefs manage make it into the playoffs we'll play the Colts first round and get our asses kicked. But then again everyone knew our team was an absolute fraud last year. We played against 9 back-up quarterbacks in a row, which ballooned our record. Now since we did so "well", we've got a crappy place in the draft and our schedule next season will undoubtedly kick our ass.

Woo-hoo. Go Chiefs...

Hah, yeah, KC is in a bind now. Free agency wiped them out, they have a much tougher schedule this season, and nobody will sleep on them this year.

But hey, maybe after you get drilled out next season, you'll have a top 5 pick to take a QB with. Manning won't play forever, and no one else in that division has that real, franchise QB.

And then watch him get beat by the Colts in the playoffs ever year lol (I kid, best of luck to you guys)

Neronium:

RJ 17:

Try being a Browns and Lions fan...yeah...

OT: Cool. Now they can say "We Want Tebow" in HD.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)