Regimental Chess Is Chess, But With Six Boards And 372 Pieces

Pages PREV 1 2

Johnny Novgorod:
Rock papers scissors is a guessing game relying solely on luck

So I take it you profess complete ignorance regarding both examples I gave, eh?

Professional rock paper scissors is about reading the psychological and biological tells your opponent exudes. Knowledge, practice, and aptitude play greatly into this. It's why proper RPS tournaments play more than one round, and why certain individuals can consistently gain large placements in said tournaments.

Come back to me when you win a best of 11 against an RPS world champion or make a living off of poker and then talk down on the skill required for so-called "chance-based" games.

DjinnFor:

Johnny Novgorod:
Rock papers scissors is a guessing game relying solely on luck

So I take it you profess complete ignorance regarding both examples I gave, eh?

Arrogance won't win you any arguments.

Professional rock paper scissors is about reading the psychological and biological tells your opponent exudes.

And where are mathematics in that? I've been defending chess at the ultimate mathematically even game. Not for reading "the psychological and biological".

Come back to me

Talking down won't win you any arguments either.

when you win a best of 11 against an RPS world champion or make a living off of poker and then talk down on the skill required for so-called "chance-based" games.

Poker and card games overall are entirely chance-based. What you do with the cards you have is entirely up to you, and skill does factor in, but there's no such thing as mathematical perfection in its premise. Outcome is based on what you can do with what you have, or what you make other people think you have. There's no even starting point, in which everybody has the same resources - i.e. the same 16 chess pieces in the same order.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here