Digital Storm Unveils Entry-Level Vanquish II PC Lineup

Digital Storm Unveils Entry-Level Vanquish II PC Lineup

Pre-configured models start at $699.

Digital Storm is taking aim at the entry-level gaming PC space with its new Vanquish II PC line today. Starting at $699, the Vanquish II is "built to play the most demanding games with maximum detail, speed, and power without breaking the bank."

The Vanquish II is designed with console gamers in mind, according to Rajeev Kuruppu, Digital Storm's Director of Product Development. "[$699] is still obviously more expensive than purchasing a console, but we believe delivering graphics up to three times the resolution is well worth the extra $100-200 investment."

The $699 "Good" Level 1 Vanquish II (Digital Storm uses a Good, Better, Best rating system for its PCs) comes with an Nvidia GTX 750 GPU, a dual-core Intel Core i3-4330 CPU, 8 GB of RAM, and a 500 GB hard drive. An extra $40 gets you a 1 TB hard drive, and a GTX 750 Ti, which is a pretty solid 1080p PC gaming GPU, as we showed in our review last month.

On the other end of the scale, the $1,189 "Ultimate" Level 4 PC uses a more potent duo, including a GTX 770, and a Core i5-4570 processor. It also comes with a 120 GB Corsair SSD, 1 TB hard rive, and a 600W Corsair power supply.

The Vanquish II is available starting today, and PCs will typically ship 72 hours after the order is placed. That means you'll be falling all the Titans come the middle of next week, should you so desire.

I saw Vanquish II in the title and immediately assumed it was about a sequel to Vanquish.

Sadly, it's not and that is very disappointing. Que The Lonely Man Theme as I walk away all dejected.

Eh, I can see how they think price is the biggest factor for console gamers, but they're missin a pretty key element to the whole thing. Size. Console gamers, that I know at least, wont want or even have space for a full tower near their tv. Even the ones that do don't actually want a full tower in their living room. They like that consoles can fit pretty much anywhere and be out of the way, you can't do that with a full tower.

I'll give them credit though, they're sellin that for decently cheap compared to other prebuilts out there.

That's actually a pretty good price range for the parts they are advertising. The only part of the equation that might make me a little bit iffy is the build quality of the case and the wiring. On my AVADirect computer with the fractal design Define Mini-case, they wired it so tightly that when I accidently unplugged the front usb connector, I found there was no way to remove the front panel and reconnect it without pulling off a significant amount of glued down wire tabs and other details in the back. In fact, it's still disconnected right now as I tried to reattach it without luck (and somehow accidentally reset the CMOS, ouch). Debated if it would be worth sending it over to them to fix, but given it's two USB ports I think I'll live.

Also, on the subject of building ones own PC vs getting a pre-built: Only do it if you have a love of tinkering and got the time to spare. Yes, there are substantial benefits to building it oneself such as lower initial costs and wiring it up just the way one wants it, but the quality of the build is generally not as good as that from a professional builder and the consumer has to be the one to do the week to two week long stress tests to make sure it all functions as it should.

Chimpzy:
I saw Vanquish II in the title and immediately assumed it was about a sequel to Vanquish.

Sadly, it's not and that is very disappointing. Que The Lonely Man Theme as I walk away all dejected.

Same here... All I want is a sequel to the greatest third-person shooter of all time. Is that so much to ask!? Oh, and Bayonetta 2 for PS3/360, please?

They call those specs ultimate Pfft, my i7, 8GB, corsair 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, 2tb HDD, blurry burner and Nvidia 780ti laughs at that claim. At best I'd give it the rating of very good. /Joke
Bummer I thought it was an anouncement for a sequel to the game like those above me. So disappointed.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here