Latest Nvidia GeForce GPU Drivers are Optimized for Titanfall

Latest Nvidia GeForce GPU Drivers are Optimized for Titanfall

PaulTitanfallBeta_3x3.jpg

The 335.23 Drivers also include 11 new or improved SLI profiles, including enhanced Diablo 3 support.

Nvidia released new drivers for its GeForce line of GPUs this week, with Titanfall being the primary beneficiary.

The new 335.23 drivers are being released specifically because of Titanfall, which hit the PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on Tuesday morning (or Monday night for us West Coast kids).

New drivers for a large game launch is SOP for Nvidia, although there's no mention of a specific percentage point performance boost in the driver release notes. "This 335.23 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience for Titanfall," is all we get.

SLI users will be happy to see new and/or updated profiles for the following titles:

• Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
  • Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
  • Bound by Flame
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
  • Diablo III
  • DOTA 2
  • The Crew
  • Need for Speed Rivals
  • HeartStone: Heroes of Warcraft
  • Gas Guzzlers
  • Watch Dogs
  • If you're using GeForce Experience, you're probably using the new drivers already (or they're waiting to be downloaded under the Drivers tab). If you're still updating drivers manually, you can find the download here.

So Titanfall and SLI only this time? I guess no point updating to this version now, better wait for some that actually improves anything for me.

Strazdas:
    So Titanfall and SLI only this time? I guess no point updating to this version now, better wait for some that actually improves anything for me.

Yeah, me too. But the way things have been going with my SLI 680's I'd be really surprised if I ever get a good driver. I wish Nvidia would quit adding more useless "gee wizz" stuff to the drivers and just make one with no issues. [sigh] First time I didn't go AMD and I've yet to get a perfect driver. Nvidia is just as good/bad as AMD when it goes to writing drivers IMHO.

Gezzer:

Strazdas:

Yeah, me too. But the way things have been going with my SLI 680's I'd be really surprised if I ever get a good driver. I wish Nvidia would quit adding more useless "gee wizz" stuff to the drivers and just make one with no issues. [sigh] First time I didn't go AMD and I've yet to get a perfect driver. Nvidia is just as good/bad as AMD when it goes to writing drivers IMHO.

what are the problems you are having with Nvidia drivers? While i dont use SLI setups, i have never had a bad Nvidia driver, meanwhile better not even start about how shitty AMD driver support used to be (i hear its better now).

Strazdas:

Gezzer:

Strazdas:

what are the problems you are having with Nvidia drivers? While i dont use SLI setups, i have never had a bad Nvidia driver, meanwhile better not even start about how shitty AMD driver support used to be (i hear its better now).

Last driver caused me problems with only Planetside 2 which caused my screen to turn off, then back on again with a blank screen for at least 10 more seconds while I could still hear the gameplay through my speakers.

It's not a hardware fault either since all my other games from the past and present day still work fine <.<.

Strazdas:

Gezzer:

Strazdas:

Conversely GeForce drivers are the bane of my existence, weith every update I end up with a crashed driver that won't start up again and have to wipe it and reinstall from scratch before I can use it.

Sure it takes 15 minutes, but it should take to.

When upgrade time rolls around next fall I'll be grabbing an R9 300 series GPU.

I am still using a fairly old GeForce GT 330M and am looking to upgrade as soon as possible however I still keep the drivers up to date because beyond performance optimization there are other benefits to keeping drivers up to date such as having the latest bugfixes and security updates. Even if the patchnotes do not mention either of the two I always do my best to use the latest stable driver.

Shadow-Phoenix:

Last driver caused me problems with only Planetside 2 which caused my screen to turn off, then back on again with a blank screen for at least 10 more seconds while I could still hear the gameplay through my speakers.

It's not a hardware fault either since all my other games from the past and present day still work fine <.<.

interesting. i never played Planetside, so i dont know if thats an universal problem, i never saw such problem except in games that intentionally blanks the screen for a bit when loading a map to not show you texture popping in.

The White Hunter:

Conversely GeForce drivers are the bane of my existence, weith every update I end up with a crashed driver that won't start up again and have to wipe it and reinstall from scratch before I can use it.

ech, i guess there is a lot of random factors on this stuff. i always updated drivers with thier automated installers that do everything for me and not a single time i had a problem with it.

Strazdas:

Shadow-Phoenix:

interesting. i never played Planetside, so i dont know if thats an universal problem, i never saw such problem except in games that intentionally blanks the screen for a bit when loading a map to not show you texture popping in.

The White Hunter:

ech, i guess there is a lot of random factors on this stuff. i always updated drivers with thier automated installers that do everything for me and not a single time i had a problem with it.

Yeah it['s quite bnizarre, back when I was running ATI cards I never reaslly had any problems.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Register for a free account here