15% off Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for PS3 & Vita

15% off Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster for PS3 & Vita

At the rate they're going, Square Enix will eventually do a HD remake of FFVII, right? Right!?

Relive your PS2-era nostalgia with updated graphics by snagging Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remastered for 15% off from GameStop. Released just today, the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game work with a new 15% off coupon from GameStop (that was apparently introduced to celebrate GameStop finally accepting PayPal as a payment). Check out the review from Escapist's Jim Sterling here (4/5 stars).

This week's "Release Day Tuesday" also brings us Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for old gen and next gen consoles alike. The stealth action game starts out at $29.99, but the previously mentioned GameStop 15% off promo code cuts that down to $25.50 and stacks with the free shipping coupon code.

Most of our deals today are for console, but if PC is your platform, Deus Ex: The Fall releases for Windows today. Of course, it's been an iOS app since July 2013, but the PC re-release will have some revamps and is only priced at $9.99, or $7.99 after coupon at GameFly. On top of that, there's a promotion where you get a free copy of the original Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition. Not bad.

Finally, Diablo 3 will gets its expansion Reaper of Souls next week Tuesday. This is another pre-order title that qualifies for the 15% off discount, making it $33.99 with free shipping. For those who haven't revisited Diablo 3 since forever, word on the street is that the new "Loot 2.0" system is significantly better and makes for a greatly improved gaming experience.

Big Deals This Tuesday

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PS Vita) - $33.99 at GameStop.

List is $40. Deal expires March 23.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (PC) - $33.99 at GameStop.

Releases March 25. List is $40. Deal expires March 23.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3) - $25.49 at GameStop.

List is $30. Deal expires March 23.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (Xbox 360, PS3) - $50.99 at GameStop.

List is $60. Deal expires March 23.

Deus Ex: The Fall + Deus Ex: GOTY Edition (PC Download) - $7.99 at GameFly.

Releases March 26. List is $10.

Wildstar (PC) - $50.99 at GameStop.

Releases June 3. List is $60. Deal expires March 23.

Recent Releases

Dark Souls II (PS3, Xbox 360) - $50.99 at GameStop.

Released March 11. List is $60. Deal expires March 23.

Battlefield 4: Second Assault (PC DLC) - $11.99 at GameFly.

Released March 5. List is $15.

Titanfall (Xbox One) - $50.99 at GameStop.

Released March 11. List is $60. Deal expires March 23.

Yoshi's New Island (Nintendo 3DS) - $33.99 at GameStop.

Released last Friday. List is $40. Deal expires March 23.

Upcoming Releases

InFAMOUS Second Son Limited Edition + $25 eGift Card (PS4) - $59.99 at Dell Home.

Releases March 21. List is $60. Deal expires March 23.

Dying Light (PS4) - $50.99 at GameStop.

Releases March 25. List is $60. Deal expires March 23.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight (PS3) - $42.49 at GameStop.

Releases March 25. List is $50. Deal expires March 23.

Dying Light (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) - $42.49 at GameStop.

Releases March 25. List is $50. Deal expires March 23.

Total War: Rome II - Hannibal at the Gates (PC DLC) - $10.79 at GameFly.

Releases March 27. List is $15.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Digital Imperial Edition (PC Download) - $63.99 at GameFly.

Releases April 4. List is $80.

Used Games Sale

Used Game Blowout Sale Under $20 -at GameFly.

Dozens (Hundreds?) of titles temporarily slashed to under $20. Notable titles listed below:

Dynasty Warriors 8 - Pre-owned (Xbox 360, PS3) - $19.99 at GameFly.

List is $60. Deal expires March 24.

Saints Row IV - Pre-owned (Xbox 360, PS3) - $12.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $32 at Amazon. Deal expires March 24.

Payday 2 - Pre-owned (Xbox 360, PS3) - $12.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $30 at GameStop. Deal expires March 24.

Grid 2 - Pre-owned (Xbox 360, PS3) - $9.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $39 at Amazon. Deal expires March 24.

PC Downloads

Blackguards (PC Download) - $21.43 at GameFly.

Next best is $40 at Green Man Gaming.

Rekoil (PC Download) - $2.99 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $15.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedback? Let us know in the comments!

Oh I could pick up X and X-2 for my new Vi...gosh darn it it's from GameStop. T^T
I don't shop at GameStop anymore, so no cheaper one for me.

Meh. After they flipped the bird to XII-HD, I have no interest in giving suqeenix my money, discounts or no...

JarinArenos:
Meh. After they flipped the bird to XII-HD, I have no interest in giving suqeenix my money, discounts or no...

While i really did not like XII (It was just a bad Return of the Jedi rip imo) I know alot of people do and I can't see why they would not give XII a re-release I am sure they would make a mint.

OT: I am already going to get the limited edition for a much lower price than it is currently going for, thank you Amazon price guarantee. My only consern is that if this sells well (which I think it prob will) then SE will go ahead with X-3. After reading the 30 min audio thing they have added to this release I would much rather sitck with the X-2 bonus ending as the end of the story.

Neronium:
Oh I could pick up X and X-2 for my new Vi...gosh darn it it's from GameStop. T^T
I don't shop at GameStop anymore, so no cheaper one for me.

I know its ironic given we're the ones that are posting the deals but I don't remember the last time I bought something at GameStop too.

Although I'm tempted with the D3 deal because friends are saying they'll play again. But maybe I'd just wait for the eventual battlechest years later. Hah.

Always click on these and I am always disappointed ... they are always in the only place on earth, the US.

I want FFX but I have to pay full whack and there are people who wont 'cos it's from a retail you don't like? Those first world problems, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

JarinArenos:

*sniff*
I still have hope...maybe one day. T^T

dealzon:

I know its ironic given we're the ones that are posting the deals but I don't remember the last time I bought something at GameStop too.

Although I'm tempted with the D3 deal because friends are saying they'll play again. But maybe I'd just wait for the eventual battlechest years later. Hah.

I found it weird too because normally GameStop isn't in these articles with deals that actually are pretty good. For me though, I don't shop at GameStop after I saw them rip off someone when it came to them buying a game, and then after they had started selling reprints of the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles and tried to pass them off as "used" because they were out of the shrink wrapping. So then you see the "used" Metroid Prime Trilogy going for about $85, and the "used" Xenoblade Chronicles going for $80. What's worse is that I can tell they are reprints and the sellers end up straight-facing telling you "yeah we just got that one in stock, it's really rare." I understand that they are forced to do that because of their managers, but to sit right in front of me and lie to my face is just why I stopped shopping there. Heck, the last game I ever bought from them was Sonic Lost World 3DS, and it was brand new, but they hadn't put their store's shrink wrap on it at all.

Gizmo1990:
While i really did not like XII (It was just a bad Return of the Jedi rip imo)

Any chance you'd elaborate on that? I mean, I can sorta see the Balthier/Solo parallel, and I guess you have the Bahamut Death Star... but you have to squint pretty hard, and I'm really not seeing anything else. What am I missing here?

Edit: Okay, google finally found someone talking about this and... eh. I'd say the parallels are there, but it's a stretch, and it's hugely overstating the case to call it a "rip".

I personally was going to feel like I got robbed, as I pre-paid for FFX HD on Amazon, until I saw that it was GameStop that was giving out the deal.

I got mine through Amazon, since I've had good experiences with them, and so have many others. So I don't feel so bad now.

Besides, just got it a few hours ago!

Now I just got to wait for the Vita to play it on...

VoidOfOne:
I personally was going to feel like I got robbed, as I pre-paid for FFX HD on Amazon, until I saw that it was GameStop that was giving out the deal.

I got mine through Amazon, since I've had good experiences with them, and so have many others. So I don't feel so bad now.

Besides, just got it a few hours ago!

Now I just got to wait for the Vita to play it on...

I'm pretty sure those who preordered from GameStop are probably pissed though because they had to pay more when compared to this deal, and the fact that I don't think there is any preorder bonus doesn't help either for those who preordered.

How exactly do I use the coupon codes for FF X HD? Is there a specific option during some portion of the checkout?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. I was waiting for the prompt, but it's well before the checkout process starts asking for your information

JarinArenos:

Gizmo1990:
While i really did not like XII (It was just a bad Return of the Jedi rip imo)

Any chance you'd elaborate on that? I mean, I can sorta see the Balthier/Solo parallel, and I guess you have the Bahamut Death Star... but you have to squint pretty hard, and I'm really not seeing anything else. What am I missing here?

Edit: Okay, google finally found someone talking about this and... eh. I'd say the parallels are there, but it's a stretch, and it's hugely overstating the case to call it a "rip".

i would be all over this if it was on PC. Then again i bet i can make it looks almost as good through an emulator and some forced AA. X-2 is not amazing but its decent and i like the job system X is good not as good as the classics but still good.

Now HD verson of the HD verson of final fatnasy 4 NOW and i will give you lots of moneys

Gizmo1990:

Wait, "empire" is a star wars trope now? (Count the FF games with empires, I dare you) Fleet led by admiral what? Fleet was led by Marquis Halim Ondore, who also led the resistance. The princess was barely associated with them, and her kingdom was hardly pacifistic. Sky Fortress had no city-destroying weapon (it destroys ships and is designed like the Mako cannon from FFVII), fleet wasn't ragtag or small, there's lots of judges, not just one 'main enforcer', and saying any of them look like darth vader is to label every faceless armor as such. The "father" trope has no redemption involved - in fact, that particular villain actually WINS... I begin to suspect that you're getting this from a third party source and didn't actually play the game. There's parallels, but you're stretching the concept of a "summary" until it screams for mercy. This is what happens when someone distills a plot down to a few lines, and then someone takes those few lines and extrapolates a different plot from it, then draws conclusions from THAT...

Now, if you want to say you didn't like the game, that's perfectly justifiable. I may love it, but I can sure as hell see why many people wouldn't. It's a flawed game, to be sure, but I think it's just silly to say that "copying star wars" is one of those. I'd cite "hero with a thousand faces" but that doesn't even apply here. Your heroic "Luke" analogue has no heroic character arc (or anything at all to make him special, really) and is really there for viewpoint.

Well that's the last time I ever preorder a game

JarinArenos:

Gizmo1990:

Wait, "empire" is a star wars trope now? (Count the FF games with empires, I dare you) Fleet led by admiral what? Fleet was led by Marquis Halim Ondore, who also led the resistance. The princess was barely associated with them, and her kingdom was hardly pacifistic. Sky Fortress had no city-destroying weapon (it destroys ships and is designed like the Mako cannon from FFVII), fleet wasn't ragtag or small, there's lots of judges, not just one 'main enforcer', and saying any of them look like darth vader is to label every faceless armor as such. The "father" trope has no redemption involved - in fact, that particular villain actually WINS... I begin to suspect that you're getting this from a third party source and didn't actually play the game. There's parallels, but you're stretching the concept of a "summary" until it screams for mercy. This is what happens when someone distills a plot down to a few lines, and then someone takes those few lines and extrapolates a different plot from it, then draws conclusions from THAT...

Now, if you want to say you didn't like the game, that's perfectly justifiable. I may love it, but I can sure as hell see why many people wouldn't. It's a flawed game, to be sure, but I think it's just silly to say that "copying star wars" is one of those. I'd cite "hero with a thousand faces" but that doesn't even apply here. Your heroic "Luke" analogue has no heroic character arc (or anything at all to make him special, really) and is really there for viewpoint.

You know, I always see the FF12/Star Wars complaint, and it's never bothered me. I'd prefer they rip Star Wars, to have interesting people and politics, rather than the idiocy and complete lack of narrative or character building in the recent mess that was the XIII saga.

XV looks interesting. It seems to have a Romeo/Juliet aspect along with some Hamlet. Games often take from literature or even films. No big deal. Hell, Final Fantasy's recurring 'Biggs and Wedge' is a direct reference to Star Wars.

JarinArenos:

Gizmo1990:

I will concede the point. My memory of FF XII basicly consists of a feeling of bordem and a hazy memory of me thinking 'This is a bit like Star Wars'. I wrote my last post with what little I remember so as you actually like the game you are probebly more accurate.

And I still don't see why you and other XII fans should not get a HD re-release. I don't see alot of love for XII but I am sure it would make SE more money than the 2 XIII sequals.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here