Fan Art Puts Disney Characters in a Zombie Apocalypse

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fan Art Puts Disney Characters in a Zombie Apocalypse

See Ariel, Rapunzel, and other Disney princes and princesses reimagined as survivors of the zombie apocalypse.

Disney movies have a lot of similiar thematic elements: princesses, heroes, evil villains, catchy songs. One thing movies like The Little Mermaid and Frozen lack, however, is zombies. Thankfully, one talented Deviantart user has remedied this with an artistic interpretation of classic Disney characters, The Walking Dead-style.

The Walking Disney features characters like The Little Mermaid's Ariel and Eric, Pocahontas (complete with her own limbless undead fiend), and Brave's Merida, just to name a few. They're all courtesy of Deviantart artist Kasumi-Sensei, without whom we might never know how these characters would react to the zombie apocalypse.

It's hard to choose a favorite in this bunch, but I'm leaning towards Merida. Then again, Tiana and Pocahontas are also looking pretty badass; I'd want them all on my side when the undead rise.

Source: Deviantart via Kotaku

I mean, this was on 9gag about a week ago (or at least it feels like it) and there are so many "Disney princess as something" it's silly.

Don't get the whole fascination with Disney to start with, let alone why everyone loves the princess so much.

Ok, I can get why girls like the princess 'cos the queen has too much responsibility and it's an expression to treat a girl like a princess but guys?

Well, those are unusual. I think the gallery's glitching out or something, it seems to be repeating. That Mulan one was rather good.

Hang on, who's the dark skinned chick with dreadlocks and a little head hanging from her belt?

She's the only one I can't identify.

Zhukov:
Hang on, who's the dark skinned chick with dreadlocks and a little head hanging from her belt?

She's the only one I can't identify.

That's Tiana from The Princess and the Frog. The head is Prince Nadeen.

OT: Well, that's interesting, I guess? Well, it looks neat.

I like Snow, Aurora and Cinderella as the three kick-ass cheerleaders.

Wait... why is Hades there? He's the god of the underworld, so wouldn't the zombies be under his control?

The Toy Story one made me laugh. Mulan and Merida would probably kick some serious ass, though.

The Deviantart page also shows Elsa and Anna from Frozen, which if that were the case the zombie apocalypse should be over in a matter of minutes, and then they can all rally up against Hades because he's clearly behind all of this.

Also, there's no Aladdin and Jasmine, which if they were also in a zombie apocalypse, Aladdin could simply wish everything back to normal, or if he's already used his three wishes prior, the Genie, like Elsa, could still end it easily.

To be honest I'd rather see Walking Dead characters put in to Disney movies. The whole 'Disney princesses but...' thing is getting a bit overdone.

Let me check... yeah. Yeah, ok. It seems like I'm going to be that guy.

Why the hell is Mulan holding a Katana? Why not a Jian? Just... Just the one slam dunk...

What's Hades doing there with that flamethrower, pretending he isn't the one who caused the zombie apocalypse in the first place?

Not sure why, but the Brave one was my favorite. Just seeing her so happy to hunt down zombies with her Disney-like personality was kind of satisfying to think about. But above all else, these were cool to see.

Yet, I do admit... the princesses being in a crossover is done quite a lot.
However, it is good fan art and I am a sucker for art so- no problems here! Keep em coming otherwise ^_^

Yeah, always side with Mulan. Fireworks are an under-utilized form of zombie extermination. Just one colorful claymore, is that too much to ask?

Dream team: Belle and the Beast, and maybe Simba can eat everybody they don't take care of.

CriticalMiss:
To be honest I'd rather see Walking Dead characters put in to Disney movies. The whole 'Disney princesses but...' thing is getting a bit overdone.

what are you talking about. it only comes up on the escapist every week. we could have so much more of it.

There's a severe lack of Frying Pan on that Tangled one.

Don't get me wrong... I liked it... but why the hell does Mulan have a Japanese sword?

She's Chinese...

Since the article missed the one from Frozen, I feel the need to post it.

On this one, I gotta say... interesting choice in "shirts".

As to the others... Mulan was my fav. The Toy Story one threw me for a while - I had to go to the Deviant Art page to figure out who that was. Once I did, I could see it though.

Edit: Also, I had to add... the pun with Cinderella (she's smoking... because cinders) made me face-palm.

Come on, escapist, we talked about this. Stop trying to be 9gag. that's like a bathhouse trying to imitate a sewer.

But seriously, I fail to see how this is news. Does every bit of alternate fan art deserve an article now? Stop trying to be Kotaku, Escapist.

[Kira Must Die]:
Wait... why is Hades there? He's the god of the underworld, so wouldn't the zombies be under his control?

The Toy Story one made me laugh. Mulan and Merida would probably kick some serious ass, though.

The Deviantart page also shows Elsa and Anna from Frozen, which if that were the case the zombie apocalypse should be over in a matter of minutes, and then they can all rally up against Hades because he's clearly behind all of this.

Also, there's no Aladdin and Jasmine, which if they were also in a zombie apocalypse, Aladdin could simply wish everything back to normal, or if he's already used his three wishes prior, the Genie, like Elsa, could still end it easily.

Probably because the souls haven't went to the under world, so Hades is upset that he hasn't got them yet and thus not are not under his control.

I miss Susan Arendt. I don't remember this stuff during her time. And the Podcast has really been getting worse since she left.

I mean, at least under her, we got some actual video game content. The only saving grace of this website recently is Jim Sterling becoming reviews editor,but I feel the website is starting to lose touch with itself so it's grabbing everything left and right and making a mess of it all.

Mulan is about the only sensibly dressed one, the rest look like they invaded a hipsters clothing store during a riot. Also, Hades I recognise (God of the Underworld at a zombie apocalypse would be like... a bring your kid to work day, or something), but the girl with him? Is that Aphrodite (I can't remember Hercules). Because like, other then Elsa, I couldn't really think of two people that would have less concerns about a zombie apocalypse then they, lol. Elsa's pretty hawt though.

Quite impressive- and well drawn

Kind of amateurish with weak anatomy and a lot of sameface going on. Good enough for Deviantart or an art blog, but newsworthy content? I don't think so. Come on, Escapist. Quality, not quantity.

Rex Dark:
What's Hades doing there with that flamethrower, pretending he isn't the one who caused the zombie apocalypse in the first place?

It might have been your fault this time. Do you even keep track of what calamities you cause anymore?

OT: The Toy Story one made me chuckle. They finally were allowed to become real humans and the world is crumbling around them.

Redlin5:

Rex Dark:

It might have been your fault this time. Do you even keep track of what calamities you cause anymore?

OT: The Toy Story one made me chuckle. They finally were allowed to become real humans and the world is crumbling around them.

Whatever are you talking about?
Shush, I'm trying to blame Hades.

Batou667:
Kind of amateurish with weak anatomy and a lot of sameface going on. Good enough for Deviantart or an art blog, but newsworthy content? I don't think so. Come on, Escapist. Quality, not quantity.

This is what I thought too! I mean I can't draw so I can't criticise too much. But what's with the bras and V line pants. If you are dealing with nom nom zombies, better to be wearing as much as you can to stop them IMO. Zombie apocalypse wearing their princess dresses not hipster low slung jeans please.

[Kira Must Die]:

I imagine there was a mass breakout from the underworld and he's trying to contain it.

The others are kinda meh, but Mulan's awesome.

Nata-chan:

Batou667:

This is what I thought too! I mean I can't draw so I can't criticise too much. But what's with the bras and V line pants. If you are dealing with nom nom zombies, better to be wearing as much as you can to stop them IMO. Zombie apocalypse wearing their princess dresses not hipster low slung jeans please.

Zombies could be a crowd, so it's better to be dressed for running rather than surviving a few bites.

ObsidianJones:
Let me check... yeah. Yeah, ok. It seems like I'm going to be that guy.

Why the hell is Mulan holding a Katana? Why not a Jian? Just... Just the one slam dunk...

Yeah I made that observation as well, not everyone understands/cares about such a subtle detail.

So judging from the Hunchback of Notre Dame pic, the man with one blind eye is likely Quasimodo due to the giant wart he had there that wouldn't let hi-WAIT! Why isn't Quasimodo a zombie! He's supposed to be hideous and grotesque and have a hunchback and stuff! We get the pretty boy John Smith as a zombie but not Quasimodo! Even if you didn't go for the zombie angle you could have at least made him a little ugly. He looks like a normal guy with messed up eye.

Maybe you shouldn't do these or people might start wondering why they visit this site in the first place.

omega 616:
snip

well you obviously cared enough to make a post about it rather than continue on with your day...

I think its pretty neat, though i've seen it on several other sites, its just a "hey look at this cool thing" post

Why do the characters with ungodly powers need guns?

Demonjazz:
So judging from the Hunchback of Notre Dame pic, the man with one blind eye is likely Quasimodo due to the giant wart he had there that wouldn't let hi-WAIT! Why isn't Quasimodo a zombie! He's supposed to be hideous and grotesque and have a hunchback and stuff! We get the pretty boy John Smith as a zombie but not Quasimodo! Even if you didn't go for the zombie angle you could have at least made him a little ugly. He looks like a normal guy with messed up eye.

That's actually Clopin, the best character in the movie. Narrator, minor antagonist, comic relief, Clopin does it all.

Shinkicker444:
Mulan is about the only sensibly dressed one, the rest look like they invaded a hipsters clothing store during a riot. Also, Hades I recognise (God of the Underworld at a zombie apocalypse would be like... a bring your kid to work day, or something), but the girl with him? Is that Aphrodite (I can't remember Hercules). Because like, other then Elsa, I couldn't really think of two people that would have less concerns about a zombie apocalypse then they, lol

And that would be Meg

Not sure where Herc has gotten to but, with Meg being a damned soul, the point about her not caring about a potential zombie apocalypse probably still stands.

loa:
Maybe you shouldn't do these or people might start wondering why they visit this site in the first place.

The sad thing is that you (and I) are part of the problem. We clicked on the link, and we commented on the "article". It's likely that the Escapist staff is just looking at raw statistics rather than the overwhelmingly negative reaction to crap like this being called "news".

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here