Goat Simulator Launch Trailer Is a Dead Ringer For Something

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Goat Simulator Launch Trailer Is a Dead Ringer For Something

The official Goat Simulator launch trailer is oddly familiar somehow, and yet so much better than you can possibly imagine.

Launch trailers come and launch trailers go, and few make a lasting impression. But every now and then you run across one that really hits home. A trailer with artistry and emotional resonance that strikes a chord deep in your mind, or your heart, or your soul. A trailer like this one.

The Goat Simulator official launch trailer is here, and it is a thing of glory. Of beauty. Of majesty. It grows more powerful with each passing moment, until the final, stunning denouement, a moment so impactful, so perfect, that we don't just see the goat, we feel the goat. We know the goat. We are the goat.

Oh God, I'm dying over here. Seriously, I can't breathe.

Goat Simulator comes out on April 1. Find out more at goat-simulator.com.

I was cynical at first because I read the article before watching the trailer, but you're right. This is absolutely hilarious. I have to watch it again and again. Even though I still firmly believe that it's a stupid game.

I see legal shenanigans on the horizon for this one... (Seriously, those Dead Island guys must be cheesed at the parody rip-off).

Deathfish15:
I see legal shenanigans on the horizon for this one... (Seriously, those Dead Island guys must be cheesed at the parody rip-off).

Oh c'mon, it's all in good fun. Those guys over at Coffee Stain knew what they were doing when they made this.

If the Dead Island team has any sense of humor at all, they'll understand and hopefully be flattered.

Deathfish15:

Probably not.

;)

This is the best thing I've seen all day. Bravo to them. Bravo.

That was one of the most hilarious trailers I've seen in a long long while. Bravo Coffee Stain, bra-freakin'-vo.

Also, a little cheer for the Dead Island team taking this so well.

Goat wearing a jet pack at 41 seconds. I am sold on that goat game if thats in the actual game.

SonOfVoorhees:
Goat wearing a jet pack at 41 seconds. I am sold on that goat game if thats in the actual game.

Agreed. I don't usually buy these simulator games but when I do they are based around the hilarious antics of herbivorous, short devouring mammals.

Andy Chalk:

Deathfish15:

Probably not.

;)

A company that doesn't immediately sue people and actually has a laugh at things? Makes me glad I bought both Dead Island games, that's a studio worth supporting. As for the trailer itself, brilliant, especially the goat with the jetpack. I won't get the game because I'm kinda broke but I do expect to watch a few let's plays.

Deathfish15:

There isn't anything that anyone even COULD sue for in this video.

OT: What the HELL is this game about? I looked at their web page, but it didn't really say anything. Goaty shenanigans of course, but what exactly? Murdering humans? trying not to get killed by humans?

No matter what it is... You have my attention...

vallorn:

SonOfVoorhees:

Agreed. I don't usually buy these simulator games but when I do they are based around the hilarious antics of herbivorous, short devouring mammals.

Same here. It looks so good.

Girrafe Dlc?

I'm a fully grown man! Why do I want to play this so badly?

I laughed uncontrollably in falsetto for a full 20 seconds after seeing that. We are truly living in the golden age of gaming, people!

Andy Chalk:

So it's a build-up to a giant April Fool's prank?

I laughed until I fell out of my seat. That was just too awesome. Cheers to them for lightening my week immensely.

Deathfish15:

Actually, parody falls very clearly into fair use. Their law suit would likely not go very far.

RaikuFA:

Same here. It looks so good.

Girrafe Dlc?

The dev in the video below says it will ship with 'tall goat' as an option.

SonOfVoorhees:

Yes it is.

Handles like well, a goat wearing a jetpack but what do you expect?

Hmm, April 1st you say... Coffee Stain Studios are either the greatest evil masterminds on the planet, or just great at trolling.

It legitimately looks more fun than Dead Island.

I have to admit I was on board with this when I first heard about it a while back, but that trailer alone makes me want to buy the game. I haven't laughed like that at a trailer, ever. I expect the game itself to be a short but novel little time waster, but there's just something about it that I find really well, charming.

This sort of thing (the game, the execution, and that trailer) in the indie sector is what gives me hope for the future of gaming.

There doesn't look to be much to the game itself, but I think the real strength will be its Steam Workshop integration and all the crazy-ass community mods that come out for it.

I'd never heard of this until now.

Want desperately! I've always been a fan of the awesomeness of goats.

Braedan:

Deathfish15:

There isn't anything that anyone even COULD sue for in this video.

OT: What the HELL is this game about? I looked at their web page, but it didn't really say anything. Goaty shenanigans of course, but what exactly? Murdering humans? trying not to get killed by humans?

No matter what it is... You have my attention...

I think it's just a literal goat simulator with no objectives but to screw around :D

Goat simulator? They've got be kidding, right?

Wait until PETA gets a load of this, they'll be nannying us for sure.

Still, for $10 I'm sure you'll get enough bang for your buck.

Best part is, it's probably a much better representation of the game than the Dead Island trailer was.

Brilliant. Amazing. Tear-jerking. A masterpiece in every sense of the word.

Seriously though, that was hilarious (and a genius marketing stunt to boot).

Neta:

Not gonna lie, those were pretty baaaaad puns.

I'll just see myself out...

Goat.... jet pack, vehicular homicide, massive explosions ... -simulator?
Seriously, is this some kind of Gary's Mod? :D

Neta:

Andy Chalk:

Not everything that happens on April first is an April fools prank.

Eric the Orange:

Neta:

Andy Chalk:

That's exactly what they want you to think

Neverhoodian:
Brilliant. Amazing. Tear-jerking. A masterpiece in every sense of the word.

Seriously though, that was hilarious (and a genius marketing stunt to boot).

Neta:

Not gonna lie, those were pretty baaaaad puns.

I'll just see myself out...

What is this, Tumblr? :P

Also, I seem to be missing a Dead Island reference. Anyone able to link to context? (I've not been paying attention to Dead Island media, I suppose. So this is fully my fault.)

PrimePowerOn:

Also, I seem to be missing a Dead Island reference. Anyone able to link to context?

Here go! The original Dead Island announcement trailer from 2011:

I rewatched it last night and I still want to play this.

Hopefully, Goat Simulator will be the game that Dead Island was supposed to be. ;)

Cute...but just knowing that the joke of this game is going to be beaten to death and beyond by banal garbage-mongers like Pewdiepie and his ilk just makes me too cynical to laugh at this.

This is completely silly and stupid.

And if they bring this out for the Xbox One, I would buy it in a frigging heartbeat!

Living_Brain:

Eric the Orange:

Neta:

That's exactly what they want you to think

Well no, because if you preorder it now, you get it now.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here