Are You a Console Commander or in the PC Master Race?

Are You a Console Commander or in the PC Master Race?

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls screenshot

Win either a collector's edition of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls or a copy InFamous: Second Son. Choose wisely.

Update: This giveaway is now open to all users, foreign and domestic. That's right. You can enter. And you can enter. And YOU can enter! Everybody can enter!

March is an amazing month for videogame releases. We're seeing the release of the first expansion of Diablo III with Reaper of Souls and the latest installment in the InFamous series with InFamous: Second Son. These are two great games that could easily keep you busy for the foreseeable future, and we want you to experience one of these great games so we're giving away a copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition (PC) and a copy of InFamous: Second Son (PS4).

The Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, includes a fifth act and an Adventure Mode which will let players roam freely around the world collecting the shiniest loot imaginable. If that isn't enough for you, they're also adding a new character class: the Crusader. This all sounds way too good to be true, but wait! There's more. With the Collector's Edition you're also getting an in-game spectral hound to keep you company on your journey, a behind the scenes two-disc Blu-ray/DVD set, a hardcover book of art from the expansion, and freaking mouse pad. Schweet.

Check out some photos of what's inside the Diablo III: RoS Collector's Edition here:

If all that sounds like gibberish to you, you could also snag a copy InFamous: Second Son for the PS4. This time around you get to play as Delsin Rowe, a Native American that has absorbed the powers of a conduit. In Second Son you trade in your electrical hands - see InFamous and InFamous 2 - for some pretty fiery powers as you parkour your way through Sucker Punch's digital rendition of Seattle. When you're not jumping around like a maniac, you can basically turn into a smoke monster and make your way through a myriad of portals.

What this comes down to is the ultimate question - Are you part of the PC Master Race or one of the rogue Console Commanders? For those of you that sway towards the PC or Mac side, you'll be more interested in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls because, well, it's action RPG goodness is only available on a computer ... for now. Plus, it is a Blizzard Collector's Edition, and chock full of books, goodies and mousepads.

For those of you who consider your allegiance to lie with the consoles, we have InFamous: Second Son to sate your open-world superhero/villain desires.

Choose your allegiance. But choose WISELY, as it will determine which prize you receive if you are selected as the winner. PC or Console?

Make sure to get into the contest as soon as possible so you don't miss out!

We're also giving away Diablo III: Reaper of Souls codes on Twitter. Follow us in order to stay on top of everything gaming and to win prizes.

As usual, only open to American residents. Not complaining, but just putting it out there so people don't get excited for nothing.

Edit: has been changed, knock yourselves out. :)

GundamSentinel:
As usual, only open to American residents. Not complaining, but just putting it out there so people don't get excited for nothing.

I do wish they'd be upfront with this instead of hiding it in the depths of the T&Cs.

I couldn't enter anyway; don't own a PS4 or the base Diablo III.

Aww look, the peasants have made a cute little name for themselves!

GundamSentinel:

Thank you. I presumed as such, but now I don't have to go digging for that piece of info.

ScrabbitRabbit:

GundamSentinel:

I do wish they'd be upfront with this instead of hiding it in the depths of the T&Cs.

Likewise.

Oh well, while I own D3, it's not like I have a good enough hardware OR internet connection at the dorm :P

Hm... I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I don't really agree with perpetuating the pointless, immature, and all-around harmful 'PC vs. Console' thing. In fact, I'd much prefer it if we didn't give any kind of credibility to those who actually take part in that regrettable conflict.

Er, thanks, but pass. Path of Exile meets all my ARPG needs and the physics/clipping I've seen in Second Son gameplay videos makes me nauseous.

But if someone wants to keep a manual tally, all my gaming lately has been on PC. The only exception being my drum practice, which is supplemented by the pro tools in XBox 360 version of Rockband 3. The Roland HD-3 kit with the MadCatz MIDI converter really works well!

RandV80:
Aww look, the peasants have made a cute little name for themselves!

*passes Rand a glass of finely aged wine* Indeed! Perhaps next they'll start building little hovels for themselves out of Dreamcasts and N-Gages! Owhohohohoho! Jeeves, another Wii-U for the fireplace, chop chop!

/Snooty Accent

Honestly, I'd be more interested in Second Son than Diablo, moderate PC preferences aside. It just looks more interesting to me.

Ugh, let's not make this into a PC vs. console thing, please? It's just as idiotic as one of those 10,000 feminism topics. This whole thing is just a contest to win one of two games, nothing more.

Also inb4 all the "lol peasant" garbage - I have both a PC and a PS4.

Nice of you people at the escapist to make it utterly obvious that this giveaway is only open to the U.S. The limitation is right there, clear as anything, great job [ /sarcasm] T_T There's a world beyond American borders you know.

I'm a conscientious objector, thank you very much.

Maybe it's a side effect of growing older, but I just can't get hyped about either game. I'll sit this out and let someone else have a go at them.

I assume that the base game won't be included with the Reaper of Souls expansion? Seems kind of pointless for those that haven't bought Diablo III in the first place.

Where are you getting US only? According to http://lockerdome.com/6475566450754842/rules (The official rules) and I quote "This Sweepstakes is open only to all international citiziens, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry". Sounds pretty international to me.

What if I play on the console but want the Diablo III prize? Sigh...stupid Blizzard not releasing the expansion pack on the PS3.

I'm a PC gamer but I'm fairly sure Infamous is probably going to be the better game if it's anywhere near as good as Infamous 2 was. I'm not a fan of Diablo 3.

civatrix:
Where are you getting US only? According to http://lockerdome.com/6475566450754842/rules (The official rules) and I quote "This Sweepstakes is open only to all international citiziens, who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry". Sounds pretty international to me.

It has apparently been changed since. Might account for the typo.

Yes, we adjusted the rules to make this open to all residents of the world. You may now enter with impunity!

Uff birthday coming up with no money, I sure would love that Diablo 3 expansion, so many games I want, no cash to buy with.

And my friends are urging me to come back and give D3 another shot.

Enter'd'durrd.

I'm using the option to login with my username/password, rather than either of the social network login options. However it refuses to accept my correct credentials. Keeps reporting "Wrong Username/Email or password". I know they're correct because I logged out of the site and back in again manually entering my information and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Not that it matters since I'm not part of the master race (Americans it seems is the correct answer) but what's the point? Reaper of Souls has been out for 3 days... Anyone who wants it has it already (Myself included). Now if you'll excuse me, there's a pesky lion outside my front gate that I need to contend with.

it looks like i would have to have Face**** or Tw**** to enter ? well that sucks.

I kinda gave me hopes that I would get a chance to get a copy of Diablo even though I've never played any game in the franchise, but the Facebook.

DrStrangelove, you made a mistake in the title. The correct term is "Console peasant".

jokes aside, i never understood how to participate in these contests. it always show 0 entry earned for me. How does this thing work?

That's right. Perpetuate the ridiculous Console VS PC War that many users take part in, yet none of them have any bearing on who's 'winning', thus insuring no solution to the conflict.

(On Topic: I will not be entering, however, because I have this weird obsession with playing/watching things in order, ergo sequels to games I haven't played are not on my list.)

KingsGambit:
I'm using the option to login with my username/password, rather than either of the social network login options. However it refuses to accept my correct credentials. Keeps reporting "Wrong Username/Email or password". I know they're correct because I logged out of the site and back in again manually entering my information and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

That LockerDome website is it's own thing. Unless I can't find it (which I tried long ago so maybe it's been updated since then), you HAVE to use your Twitter or your Facebook to create a username on that site.

As much as I love you Escapist, there's no way in hell that I'm giving this website permission to post on my behalf (something Locker says it can do if you sign up). I love you guys but I really wish you would dump this site and go back to contests that don't involve me having to pyramid-scheme-style spam my friends.

I came to see the inevitable smugness to burst out of the posts, was not disappointed. Shame that I can't stand Diablo 3 on the PC (I prefer my gameplay to not rely on click click click click click) and I don't own a PlayStation 4.

tippy2k2:

KingsGambit:

Any ideas?

That LockerDome website is it's own thing. Unless I can't find it (which I tried long ago so maybe it's been updated since then), you HAVE to use your Twitter or your Facebook to create a username on that site.

As much as I love you Escapist, there's no way in hell that I'm giving this website permission to post on my behalf (something Locker says it can do if you sign up). I love you guys but I really wish you would dump this site and go back to contests that don't involve me having to pyramid-scheme-style spam my friends.

*sigh* Thanks dude, that does explain it. And as you say, I have no intention of giving up my personal information to a marketing company (at least not any more than Mark Zuckerberg has already taken and sold on).

Tactical Pause:
Hm... I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but I don't really agree with perpetuating the pointless, immature, and all-around harmful 'PC vs. Console' thing. In fact, I'd much prefer it if we didn't give any kind of credibility to those who actually take part in that regrettable conflict.

Agreed, I also have issues with contests being advertised on the Escapist that are held on a different website forcing you to create a new sign in or use the dreaded Facebook or Twitter to enter.

Man, I was going to at least enter a little bit but oh my god that Lockerdome site is awful. It took me forever to figure out how to do anything, and even when I directed it to my spam facebook account that I made solely for this kind of contest, it STILL refused to actually do anything. Come on Escapist, these contests were run so much better back when Spinwhiz was around.

I was going to enter but it seems like it want's to access my friends list, and be able to post on my behalf, nooooot really interested in that.

Requires logging into a third party website that you have to sign up for. Great job Escapist for finding a partner that wants our info to sell to the highest bidder. Sorry HUGE pass on that.

*Edit, Actually this is seriously underhanded the way this "contest" is being portrayed. Adding a contest is fine and all but when the sole purpose of the contest is to gather user info for the purpose of selling for advertising purposes it is just plain wrong. Shame on you.

I even shut my adblock off so the Escapist earns ad revenue even though I am seriously getting sick of seeing the ad for Diablo 3 everytime a video starts I do that to support the escapist. But to have us sign up to an untrustworthy website for a "contest" is just so screwed up.

If the contest stated that it is for the purpose of getting new "members on a partner website" (advertising demographics) and that signing up for the website enters you into a contest then I could get onboard with that. But the underhanded way this was done is pathetic. I hope they are paying the Escapist good for every single signup they get. Either way this is a good way to ensure fans of the escapist start migrating away. Maybe this is why Twitch has 40% and Escapist has 14% right now for the webby awards. I did vote for The Escapist and will do so again because I love the website but underhanded BS like this contest drives people away.

I'm in the "Console and PC wars are fucking retarded" camp. What do I win?

I can't enter. No matter what I do, nothing happens when I sign into Facebook at that website.

I don't really care about which is better, PC or console, I would just like to win a game. But that Lockerdome website is not very intuitive.

It's too bad the contest requires you to register on yet-another-site or expose yourself on Twitter and/or Facebook. Good to see Facebook is still a way to skew fairness for things like this too. Eh.. I guess I'll ignore future contests.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here