Japan's April Fools Day Roundup

Japan's April Fools Day Roundup

Wearable Sega Megadrive glasses, Thief as a JRPG, and tiny, tiny cans of beer are among the highlight's of Japan's April Fools Day.

I'm getting a 404 on photos 3 and 5.
I hope someone replaced a bike seat with broccoli this year.

EDIT: All good now

Steven Bogos:
Roudup

Roudup

Yeah, I know your game....

Make your own smartphone magazine.

I want it.

I just want to say that i hate April fools day with a passion. The amount of stupid uninteresting bullshit and boring fauxnews and "jokes" far outweighs the amount of actually fun or interesting stuff.

Undomesticated Equine:
I just want to say that i hate April fools day with a passion. The amount of stupid uninteresting bullshit and boring fauxnews and "jokes" far outweighs the amount of actually fun or interesting stuff.

I agree fully.

That said ,I would buy the Kirin, and I hate beer. It just looks like it would be so cute, and actually containing beer would push it into hillarious for me. >.>

Undomesticated Equine:

Where do you think these stories sit? I tried to pick out the most interesting ones.

Wait, the MEGAne DRIVE was an April Fools joke? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I seriously wanted a pair! They'd look badass on my game merch shelf!

Undomesticated Equine:

I think it's great seeing companies have an excuse to have some fun once in a while. It would be nice however if the rest of the world stopped producing real news for the April fools period however, so as to not cause confusion and a mass of "IS THIS A JOKE?!" replies to every news article.

Having lived in Japan, the Google robotic hand (under the pretext of being Benri [convenient]) and the tiny Kirin are the most likely to actually come to fruition. I also quite liked the Thief JRPG.

I think the robotic hand tie is actually pretty neat. Not sure how you'd control it but it's still pretty neat.

Someone call Ben Heck. We need real Mega Drive glasses, now!

You gotta love April Fool's inventions that sound amazing.

"Heh, wouldn't that be great? Heh, now back to reality, which fucking sucks."

(-_-)

MEGAne drive, fucking brilliant name. Kinda wish it was a real product so I could get all the ladies.

*SIGH* Whatever happened to the 'good old days' like Super Pii Pii Brothers?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here