New PAX Convention to Debut at San Antonio in Early 2015

New PAX Convention to Debut at San Antonio in Early 2015

Pax2009_10_0

Dubbed PAX South, the new convention is scheduled to run from Jan. 23 to 25.

The newest PAX convention was announced today at PAX East, and it will be arriving in San Antonio, Texas, early next year. With the new PAX South, San Antonio joins Boston's PAX East, Seattle's PAX Prime and Melbourne's PAX Australia as the fourth annual Penny Arcade Expo. PAX South will be held from Jan. 23 to Jan. 25

"Since its launch in 2004, PAX events have doubled in size almost every year, and our Seattle and Boston events represent the two largest gaming festivals in North America," said Penny Arcade president Robert Khoo in a press release. "We've been hearing for years that those in the south had a tough time making it to the northern corners of the country; PAX South has always been a matter of 'when' rather than 'if.'"

PAX East is currently in full swing this weekend, with developers showing off new games, bands giving live performances and, of course, cosplay. Plenty of cosplay.

Webby Voting Banner

Well, I guess it's almost under 1000 miles. Midwest gets screwed over for video game conventions. Sure, we have a decent number of pen-and-paper/board ones, but video game ones? Forget it.

Fuck yeah, finally. Texas has been needing a large gaming convention, we have tons of small ones, but it's really annoying to have almost all of the big ones on the East and West coasts.

Hey, cool. I might be able to actually go to one of these now. Sweet. And after just having read that article about how PAX is insanely expensive if you don't live in the area.

This is GREAT news. Living in way south texas I rarely get to experience any big events like this, now it's only a 4 hour drive away :D

This is great! I live in Dallas and I like visiting San Antonio anyway, so this will be a fantastic change of pace from always having to fly out of state to go to a big con.

I look forward to seeing what the riverwalk looks like when the PAX attendees descend upon it. So much good food and drink to be had.

Fantastic.... anyone from Europe who wants to go to PAX is still screwed...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here