The Reddit-backed Dogecoin Ford Fusion is Ready for NASCAR

The Reddit-backed Dogecoin Ford Fusion is Ready for NASCAR

Dogecoin NASCAR 310x

[Insert beaten-to-death Dogecoin meme joke here.]

Back in late March, a group of Redditors decided to field a NASCAR entry with a Dogecoin sponsorship. The funding was a solid success, and the Phil Parsons Racing #98 Dogecoin was born.

One month later, and the Dogecoin-mobile is much real, such pretty. The official Phil Parsons Twitter account posted images of the freshly-wrapped #98 car. The post: "Here it is! Thanks to all that made it happen. See you in 'Dega! #NASCAR" You can check out more pictures and info on the car and team over on their Facebook page.

The Dogecoin Ford Fusion will be driven by Josh Wise in the this weekend's Aaron's 499 at Talladega.

Going to be honest, my biggest internet shame is that I think the whole "Doge" meme thing is really really funny, it never gets old to me the stupid cute dog face the Engrish and now dogecoin is sponsoring things? it's perfect.

Can you imagine what will be going though the other racers mind when they see doge staring at them in their rear view mirror?

I don't think I'll ever get tired of doge. It hits the perfect level of comical absurdness that this sort of goofy shit will never get old.

EDIT:

Steve the Pocket:
Allow me to illustrate my reaction to this news with a diagram:

Orange12345:
Going to be honest, my biggest internet shame is that I think the whole "Doge" meme thing is really really funny, it never gets old to me the stupid cute dog face the Engrish and now dogecoin is sponsoring things? it's perfect.

In the right doses, I couldn't agree more. Although seeing it used and misused over and over and over and over again really wears my enjoyment thin. That being said a good amount of doge can be hilarious.

Phrozenflame500:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of doge. It hits the perfect level of comical absurdness that this sort of goofy shit will never get old.

I see your Batdoge and raise you the Dogecoin national anthem:

OT: I'm surprised and disappointed at the same time.

I would of half expected Neon colored, Comic-Sans fonts for everything on the car.

What in God's name and all that is holy-

I have no words. I am feeling a mixture of sorrowful acceptance and a mild case of indigestion at that present moment.

People are still oppressing over this dog? I thought the whole meme died ages ago. This is like having a Shoop Da Whoop sponsored airplane.

Steve the Pocket:

snip

What's wrong with dumb things being splayed on a NASCAR racer?

The world is full of depressing things and not enough silly things. MORE SILLY THINGS PLS

blackknight467:
Can you imagine what will be going though the other racers mind when they see doge staring at them in their rear view mirror?

"Wow. Such car. Very speed."

EDIT:

lacktheknack:
-snip-

This is completely unrelated, but I've been wondering forever what your avatar is from.

So if the car suffers a big wreck in the race, can that technically be called a market crash?

Z of the Na'vi:
What in God's name and all that is holy-

I have no words. I am feeling a mixture of sorrowful acceptance and a mild case of indigestion at that present moment.

My feelings exactly. Honestly, that meme stopped being funny approximately 12 seconds before it was created >.>

Semi-On topic, for some reason I really want to make the Vagisil Car happen now.

Edit: My bad I was looking at Steve the Pocket's avatar

Not even a Nascar fan and I think this is awesome. I actually hate memes most of the time, but for some reason this one still gets me.

Orange12345:

No shame, m8. Im 'avin a giggle ther wif ya!

Such race

Very car

Wow

I think this is awesome. We need more silly fun in this oh-so-serious world.

I'd roll my eyes, but then again, it's still considerably less moronic and tedious than most other stuff plastered on the side of NASCAR vehicles.

Now all we need is an MLP one. Get to it, internet.

Storm Dragon:

lacktheknack:
-snip-

This is completely unrelated, but I've been wondering forever what your avatar is from.

Fairly sure it's from Full Metal Jacket. Then about a year ago he replaced it with doll faces. Then he replaced it to have the random static. Now there is an M. It's ever evolving.

Sylocat:

Now all we need is an MLP one. Get to it, internet.

I'm sure we could figure out some mottoes for that.

"Around the track in ten seconds flat."
"NASCAR IS SUPER EXCITING LET'S PARTY!"
"Darling, this is the best NASCAR paintjob you'll find!"

Such car. Much race.
Have to ask though, why not use the car thats already made for doge?

Steve the Pocket:

allow me to correct your diagram:
people mature enough to not care about what other people think is "Tasty" and are capable of having fun* on the green

OK. I'm going to have to start watching NASCAR now. I might even go buy a pickup so I can put Phil Parsons team stickers on it.

So, the obvious question... how long before there's a controversy over a car being sponsored by something associated with the use of "engrish" and how that's racist. I'm sure Suey Park will have something to say about a mostly white sport 'clearly making fun of asian accents' or some such.

I wonder when this doge thing is going to blow over. What's going to take it's place?

When it comes to memes, this one is innocent enough for me to tolerate. I've yet to groan at the site of that adorable face.

I actually found this really amusing. I'm not really tired of the whole doge thing yet. And this world needs more harmless stupid shit like this to distract from all the bad.

tangoprime:
So, the obvious question... how long before there's a controversy over a car being sponsored by something associated with the use of "engrish" and how that's racist. I'm sure Suey Park will have something to say about a mostly white sport 'clearly making fun of asian accents' or some such.

I sincerely hope not. I don't think I could handle such idiotic controversies anymore without going nuts.

So, what you're saying is that Reddit put some money into a hole, covered it up, and just walked away. Listen, guys. If you're going to just throw away money, BUY SOMETHING GOOD!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here