Nvidia and Ubisoft Partner to Bundle Watch Dogs with GeForce GTX GPUs

Nvidia and Ubisoft Partner to Bundle Watch Dogs with GeForce GTX GPUs

Watch Dogs Crash

New GPU begets an even newer video game.

Thinking about buying a new graphics card for your PC? Nvidia and Ubisoft just sweetened the deal with one of 2014's most anticipated games.

Select Nvidia GeForce GTX GPUs now include a code for a free copy of Ubisoft's Watch Dogs. Eligible cards include the GTX 780 Ti, GTX 780, GTX 770, GTX 760, and GTX 660. In other words: hardware at every price point down to the $170 mark.

Participating North American retailers include Newegg, Amazon, and NCIX, as well as eVGA's own retail site. PC builders like Origin PC, Digital Storm, Maingear, and iBuyPower are also in the mix.

For a full list, and to see which overseas retailers are participating, head over to the Nvidia Watch Dogs landing page.

Ubisoft's action-hacker magnum opus hits on May 27th.

I wouldn't exactly christen this game their "Magnum Opus" until it's been released, that would indicate it to be their best work they will ever do.

Though this is good for me though. I was thinking of building a PC this year, though I"m not sure how long this offer will last. I was thinking sometime in August, with 770 SLI setup. Should keep my gaming going for a while.

Not surprised, don't even remember an Ubisoft game that didn't run like arse on AMD hardware.

Edit: Though I had Far Cry 3 running on an ancient ATi HD 4770.

Too bad I'm not going to upgrade to 7xx series anytime soon, especially as I have gaming keyboard and mouse to acquire.

I'm jealous. All I got for my GTX 670 was Batman: Arkham Origins and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Thanks, Obama.

Whilst here in the UK AMD cards have been better value since the days of the HD4xxx series this deal comes as no surprise. They are pretty much industry standard for flagship games from big publishers. AMD's 'Never settle' program was actually a great promotion, with top cards coming with quite a few great games.

I already got a new card less then a year ago. Not planning on upgrading any time soon.

But this seems like a perfect way for someone to upgrade their PC and get the game they already wanted.

I got blacklist for free with my eVGA GTX780 when I bought it last summer. I actually had to ask my sister, to whose home I had it delivered, to open the box for the code. I applied it just in time for it to qualify as a preorder. It worked out well enough since I wouldn't have ordered it outside of a steam sale (same thing with watch dogs...I'll be holding off on it till this winter's sale).

Its all well and good but with the retailers that support the promotion (here in the UK anyway) often charge so much more than you can get the cards for elsewhere you can get a particular card and buy the game for a better price than you get the card + game from a retailer that supports the promotion.

Last time I bought a card I managed to get a far better designed and built (consequently more expensive) non reference card for what would have been only slightly more than that particular GPU in a reference design and the free game offer would have cost.

Oh damn. This seemed great, as I need a new card and was looking at those ones. Unfortunately for me, it's not happening in Australia.

Damn. thats the worst thing about PC gaming. each time you think you got the best deal your going to get a new, better one, is jsut around the corner. bought my 760gtx 2 months ago......

J Tyran:

Last time I bought a card I managed to get a far better designed and built (consequently more expensive) non reference card for what would have been only slightly more than that particular GPU in a reference design and the free game offer would have cost.

you mean you paid someone to slap a aftermarket cooler and overclock it for you? or did you get the actual nonreference card? hows the nonexistent driver support then? (yeah, i had to deal with enough nonreference cards to know its an awful idea)

Strazdas:

J Tyran:

you mean you paid someone to slap a aftermarket cooler and overclock it for you? or did you get the actual nonreference card? hows the nonexistent driver support then? (yeah, i had to deal with enough nonreference cards to know its an awful idea)

When did you last buy a non reference card? The modern ones have been fine since at least the AMD 3870 I bought and the later Nvidia 500 series (probably earlier than that but those where the first time I used non reference I bought from each manufacturer) and they use the exact same drivers.

They also come with individual tweaking software that varies in quality from manufacturer to manufacturer, that should always be a consideration when choosing one. Either you have bought some really funky cards or you are basing your opinion from the Voodoo 3 days or something.

Couldn't wait until the weekend, could ya nvidia?

There was a guy on reddit giving away 50 GPU codes for free over at the PC master race subreddit.

I got 3 written down on notepad for fast copy paste, but all 50 were snatched up in 30 seconds when the redeem site came up.

I wish I stayed up, I wish I knew when the portal would come up, not wake up 6 hours later to find nothing is left.

He deleted his account when people started asking questions where he got 50 codes without a GPU in sight. People started claiming he stole them from a store, or worked as a manager and took the codes out of the boxes.

Keep in mind, the first 3 of 50 was like 1 week ago. He dumped the rest yesterday.

J Tyran:

Strazdas:

J Tyran:

When did you last buy a non reference card? The modern ones have been fine since at least the AMD 3870 I bought and the later Nvidia 500 series (probably earlier than that but those where the first time I used non reference I bought from each manufacturer) and they use the exact same drivers.

They also come with individual tweaking software that varies in quality from manufacturer to manufacturer, that should always be a consideration when choosing one. Either you have bought some really funky cards or you are basing your opinion from the Voodoo 3 days or something.

Oh, ive seen some really really funky cards. like a costum built assus card with no drivers in sight. I dont think you understood me here though. Just because you got the MSI N760 Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC or something does not mean its a non-reference card. well, it kinda does lately so i guess you havent said anything wrong and i wasnt clear enough. but those are just those costum cooler/oc thing. The actual custom cards that i meant arent even listed regullary. they are usually small series built for some purpose that find their way into stores somehow.

All cards come with individual tweaking software, and all of that software is available for free (and there is more and better of it on the internet). however ALL of that is acessible via your BIOS anyway.

Ultratwinkie:

He deleted his account when people started asking questions where he got 50 codes without a GPU in sight. People started claiming he stole them from a store, or worked as a manager and took the codes out of the boxes.

Keep in mind, the first 3 of 50 was like 1 week ago. He dumped the rest yesterday.

its very likely that he was. i knew a person that used to do that, luckily he got banned from most places he could fence these codes on for that. The way he dumped them wasnt nice though, bots got it most likely.

Strazdas:

J Tyran:

Strazdas:

Oh, ive seen some really really funky cards. like a costum built assus card with no drivers in sight. I dont think you understood me here though. Just because you got the MSI N760 Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC or something does not mean its a non-reference card. well, it kinda does lately so i guess you havent said anything wrong and i wasnt clear enough. but those are just those costum cooler/oc thing. The actual custom cards that i meant arent even listed regullary. they are usually small series built for some purpose that find their way into stores somehow.

All cards come with individual tweaking software, and all of that software is available for free (and there is more and better of it on the internet). however ALL of that is acessible via your BIOS anyway.

Well reference GPU and non reference card, the term is mostly applied to complete PCB re-designs and typically include completely different RAM chips, different number and type of VRMs, MOSFETs, Capacitors and everything else all in a completely new layout with a very different PCB and just use the AMD or Nvidia chip. It does get stuck to some of Nvidias and AMD designed cards that just have a different cooler slapped on them by marketing, most the time you see it on PCB redesigns though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here