Motorola's First Phone Under Lenovo is the Entry-Level Moto E

Motorola's First Phone Under Lenovo is the Entry-Level Moto E

Motorola Moto G 310x

The Moto E is smaller, and cheaper than the $199 Moto G.

Motorola, now under the visage of Lenovo after being sold off by Google, is about to release its first post-Google smartphone.

Spotted by Phone Arena, the Moto E is decidedly a entry-level smartphone. Motorola is pairing a 4.2-inch 720p display with a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, and 4 GB of storage. The rear camera is a 5 MP shooter, and the battery is only 1,900 mAh. The E will also be running Android 4.4 on arrival.

The Moto G, Motorola's last phone under Google, currently sells for $199 off-contract (or around $100 when subsidized), with higher specs (quad-core CPU, more storage, etc.) so the Moto E should sell for even less.

There's no word on when the Moto E will be on sale, but those looking for a low cost Android phone should keep an ear to the ground.

Now that I know it was Lenovo that bought them I'm more likely to stick with Motorola. I doubt that I will though as the Samsung S5 and the HTC one M8 just seem too cool. Now if only I'd get up off my butt and get all would be great. You'd think I'd be more motivated since my current phone is being a huge pain.

I miss when there used to be a huge variety of flip phones, now every phone is basically a block with a very delicate and easy to scratch screen =/.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here