Get Into the Running for a Free Copy of Watch_Dogs

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Get Into the Running for a Free Copy of Watch_Dogs

Watch Dogs Giveaway 3x3

The Escapist and GameFront want you to get your own fancy schmancy copy of Watch_Dogs.

Watch_Dogs is one of the most anticipated games of the newest generation of consoles. Its launch was delayed, but now it's finally coming out and we want you to have a copy. To that end The Escapist is teaming up with GameFront to bring you your own copy of Watch_Dogs. We want you to experience this game-changing game, and we want to be the people to put a copy of Watch_Dogs in your hands, and in your console. We are giving away two copies of Watch_Dogs, so don't wait and get your name in the hat for this once in a lifetime opportunity.

The contest has already started, but you have until May 31st to get into the running for a copy of Watch_Dogs. That may sound like a long time but don't hesitate, time flies when contests are running. We know you like video games, and we know that you would love a copy of Watch_Dogs, so make both of us happy by winning that game.

Click here to get in the running for a brand new copy of Watch_Dogs.

Check out what you have in store for you with some screens from Watch_Dogs.

How do these contests work? I'm almost afraid to register because I don't know how my information will be used.

Houseman:
How do these contests work? I'm almost afraid to register because I don't know how my information will be used.

You register using a Facebook account or Twitter and Lockerdome has your permission to post to your wall/feed.

I don't know how often they take advantage of that for there is no way in hell that I'm giving a marketing company permission to do that so maybe someone who was brave/desperate enough to enter a contest can enlighten you on that part...

As per my usual comment; I love you Escapist but you've gotta ditch this company. There's no way in hell I'm giving them permission to spam my friends for a slim chance to get some free stuff.

tippy2k2:

Houseman:

You register using a Facebook account or Twitter and Lockerdome has your permission to post to your wall/feed.

I don't know how often they take advantage of that for there is no way in hell that I'm giving a marketing company permission to do that so maybe someone who was brave/desperate enough to enter a contest can enlighten you on that part...

As per my usual comment; I love you Escapist but you've gotta ditch this company. There's no way in hell I'm giving them permission to do that for a slim chance to get some free stuff.

Thanks.

I saw that you can register with email. I wonder what that does? Perhaps you need to forward email to X amount of people to get more entries?

Houseman:
Thanks.

I saw that you can register with email. I wonder what that does? Perhaps you need to forward email to X amount of people to get more entries?

Unless it has changed in the past month (I had the same thought that I could register with email and not worry about the spam), it STILL requires you to link it to Facebook/Twitter to use it.

Basically, you're putting yourself on an ad list to enter this and/or giving them a chance to post ads on your Facebook wall or Twitter feed. There are quite a few websites using LockerDome to run giveaways, but I'd rate them as one peg slightly higher than a popup add that wants to sell me male enhancement pills for free as long as I put in my contact info.

I'd just create a random e-mail acct and only check it when these contests are ending, but I'm way too lazy for that shit.

i was thinking about it but that stuff is just not me so I'll pass

One of those glorious days when I feel good about not having FB or the Tweeteritis. Sorry guys, free games aren't worth this even if I had either.

also "its launch" and "video games" :P

Silly silly.

This seems a lot like a pyramid scheme.

tippy2k2:
I love you Escapist but you've gotta ditch this company.

The Escapist hasn't always used this company?
Who did they use before?

IceForce:

tippy2k2:
I love you Escapist but you've gotta ditch this company.

The Escapist hasn't always used this company?
Who did they use before?

It used to be that The Escapist would be the one hosting that stuff. You would use your Escapist info to sign up for contests and whatnot. If there was a third party website involved, you would still sign up and register using the Escapist.

I suppose this is myself assuming but it seemed to have changed with Alloy Digital taking over in November of 2012 but that could be a coincidence/I may not have noticed (I don't recall DL being here in 2013 but that doesn't mean much). I know for a fact that it was not DL in 2011 (I won myself a 360 on this site and everything was through The Escapist).

I don't even know where this lockerdome garbage came from, it just sort-of appeared a while back, but I'm proper sick of it.

Escapist or otherwise.

Houseman:

tippy2k2:

Houseman:

As per my usual comment; I love you Escapist but you've gotta ditch this company. There's no way in hell I'm giving them permission to do that for a slim chance to get some free stuff.

Thanks.

Do not give them your email. You will get mail every time someone comments on the damn thing. It isn't worth it.

But no, I honestly don't care enough to have my friends spammed and myself to win a free copy of a game. That may or not be good.

tippy2k2:

As per my usual comment; I love you Escapist but you've gotta ditch this company. There's no way in hell I'm giving them permission to spam my friends for a slim chance to get some free stuff.

just what I was going to say... thanks tippy

Seriously Escapist your making money through ads (that I don't block) as well as offsite links, could you please host your own contests and not send us off to a crappy third party site that will use my details for unsolicited purposes?

so... can i choose what platform i want the game on should i win? because i would want the Wii U version of the game.

Possibly one of my largest hates is contests in which you don't have to do anything with any significance to participate and/or that are decided arbitrarily or poorly, which is essentially every competition to do with Facebook. Sick of this shit.

Wait, wait wait... You want me to give my Facebook account details to some marketing company that also has permission to post things to my wall? All for just the CHANCE to win a video game?

You've got no chance.

Exploiting so many people as free unpaid marketing tools while using a company that has so little regard for the rights and privacy for their users and give up yet more personal info all for just a small chance at one of two copies of a game.

This is very distasteful and worse than the pre-order BS.

Eh, I pre-ordered deadsec for my 360 months ago. So I will pass.

God I am hyped for this game, thanks for adding to my impatience. >_<

btw, there's nothing in this thing that i can find about WHICH version of the game is actually being given away

Okay, I'll agree I prefered it when TheEscapist or Warcry hosted these but to everyone getting their knickers in a twist over the app "posting to your wall" thing:

You do know how Facebook works right? You are aware that apps don't just continuously post things to your wall. Because that's never, ever happened to me or anyone I know. Even the ones that just about know how to work The Internets. You're not giving it permission to act autonomously, you're giving it permission to post on your behalf when you tell it to.

Thats not to say theres anything wrong with not wanting to give the company your details, but the app itself isn't a rogue programme

tippy2k2:

Houseman:

Thought so, I'm going to pass on this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thousands of people enter the contest, the company gets a shitload of money and the best they could do is 1 copy of the game? I don't think so.

Oh dear escapist. Is this how youre making those extra pennies?
There are better ways...surely?
Lets see, market research wants access to all my online data and future additions...for a miniscule chance of winning a game that could be for any platform but they wont say which;
I'll happily just buy the game new. Market research can fuck off a thousand times. How much money does the escapist require? can they do without this contradictory spam article.

So I'd have to sign up for Facebook and/or Twitter in order to enter, and then I'd have to install uPlay if I won? No thanks.

Not giving this shady Lockerdome company my info and permission to spam my facebook and twitter, so nope, I'll just buy the game thanks

So first you have to give some info away and then as far as I can tell you pay your dues with those advertise our for free shit for +10 points through facebook/twitter etc for the off chance you'll win the single copy of the game they're offering?

Sounds to me like that old tale of a man raffling a dead donkey all over again. He's making out with so much more than we're getting out of it.

Thank you for at least having an option where I don't have to get a twitter account (that is never going to happen) or spam my friends/family on facebook with some contest they don't give a damn about (I've blocked people for that type of crap). Also, lockerdome isn't evil, just the way people are now using it is. I know the owner of the company and he isn't some horrible business man, he's just a guy who likes sports and wanted to create a sports based social network. I have no idea how it became some crappy contest website between when he first set it up and now... hell, maybe the money went to his head in the past year, haven't seen him for a while...

And the competition ends just in time for my Birthday!

-M

Guys, it's free stuff. If you don't like the low price of entry, that's fine. But don't make us/Lockerdome out to be monsters. We are offering you prizes because you like games, and we want to increase the number of people who follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook. There is no malicious intent here. It's a simple transaction that you are free to participate in or not.

Greg Tito:
Guys, it's free stuff.

So is the feedback that everyone is providing. Heck, that's probably worth more than a few free Twitter/Facebook adverts.

Xsjadoblayde:
Oh dear escapist. Is this how youre making those extra pennies?
There are better ways...surely?
Lets see, market research wants access to all my online data and future additions...for a miniscule chance of winning a game that could be for any platform but they wont say which;
I'll happily just buy the game new. Market research can fuck off a thousand times. How much money does the escapist require? can they do without this contradictory spam article.

pretty much sums up my feeling about this, I mean at this point it's pretty much the lottery of video games, your chances of winning are so small you're more likely to buy the game yourself regardless, even without the platform description, it's not doing us users any favours at all, if anything it;s doing market research a boatload while making them fat stacks, no sir I don't like it.

I sometimes even wonder if The Escapist even bothers to invest in their own ideas of how to make money that don't revolve around these methods, because I'm pretty sure those ideas already exist, they are just not preferred and ignored which in the end will make you look daft anyway.

With a once in 37.000 chances are quite low.

As a principle I never really liked to do the whole "twitter, fb" thing, because I don't use them.

Greg Tito:
Guys, it's free stuff. If you don't like the low price of entry, that's fine. But don't make us/Lockerdome out to be monsters. We are offering you prizes because you like games, and we want to increase the number of people who follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook. There is no malicious intent here. It's a simple transaction that you are free to participate in or not.

I had no intention of being rude here, just giving feedback. Hope it's the same for most everyone else :3 Sorrei.

MinionJoe:

Greg Tito:
Guys, it's free stuff.

So is the feedback that everyone is providing. Heck, that's probably worth more than a few free Twitter/Facebook adverts.

I am not currently wearing a hat, but I'd tip it to you if I was.

I'd very much be a lot more likely to join a "contest" like this if it had an entry fee of 10 bucks, and was free of the entire social network/advertising shenanigans. That's a price I'd consider "lower" than current.

Vegosiux:

MinionJoe:

Greg Tito:
Guys, it's free stuff.

I am not currently wearing a hat, but I'd tip it to you if I was.

Same here.

I like how the feedback in this thread has been almost completely unanimous.
I hope The Escapist takes some of it on board.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here