Mario Kart 8 Comes With One of Ten Free Wii U Games

Mario Kart 8 Comes With One of Ten Free Wii U Games

You'll get to chose a free copy of one of ten Wii U titles when you buy Mario Kart 8.

Gamers going out to buy Mario Kart 8 when it launches next month will find themselves with a redeemable code they can use to receive one of ten free Wii U games via the Nintendo eShop. The free game will apply to both digital and retail purchases of the game, so long as it is used between 31st May 2014, and 31st July 2014.

The ten free games players can chose from are as follows:

• Nintendo Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version)
  • GAME & WARIO
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Wonderful 101
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
  • Wii Party U

As you can see, it's not exactly bargain basement fare, as some of the games available to chose are some of the most popular games on the system, such as The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and New Super Mario Bros. U.

The Nintendo Direct announcement that revealed the deal also revealed some new information on the game, namely, that there will be some new items (the Super Horn and the Crazy Eight), some new racers (Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina), and some new modes (Online Multiplayer and "Mario Kart TV").

Mario Kart 8 releases exclusively on the Wii U on May 30.

Source: Nintendo

It bears noting that the ten game selection seems to be a UK thing, North Americans have four titles to chose from: New Super Mario Bros U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U.

I wish we were getting those ten titles to choose from, because I already own all the three of the four in that list I want.

Well at least now there's stuff there I don't own. Might pick up game and wario.

Wonderful 101 is also part of the deal?

Great, now I have to choose between Pikmin 3 and that.

Awesome news. Game and Amazon arent advertising this offer, i wonder if where i buy from will effect if i get the offer.

If you're a fan of action games in the least, then I HIGHLY recommend Wonderful 101 to anyone who wants to buy Mario Kart 8. It's by far one of the best action games I have ever played.

If you don't like Action games, then Pikmin 3 is a fun and relaxing puzzle game while Monster Hunter 3 is a nice RPG.

Dragonbums:

Wonderful 101, it has itīs problems but is hype as ballz. If you into action you gotta go for this.

Jumwa:
It bears noting that the ten game selection seems to be a UK thing, North Americans have four titles to chose from: New Super Mario Bros U, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U.

I wish we were getting those ten titles to choose from, because I already own all the three of the four in that list I want.

Yeah this is a pretty crucial fact here.

Sweet, I've been meaning to pick up Pikmin 3 for a long time. Great to hear I'll be killing two birds with one stone.

This is a pretty sweet deal, I've got to say, as giving away free games is always nice.

That said, however...

Anyone else find it just a little bit sad that this is what it's come to for Nintendo? Doing buy-one-get-one-free deals with their new releases? Or is it just me?

RJ 17:
This is a pretty sweet deal, I've got to say, as giving away free games is always nice.

That said, however...

Anyone else find it just a little bit sad that this is what it's come to for Nintendo? Doing buy-one-get-one-free deals with their new releases? Or is it just me?

Oh no they have to provide value for their customers what a calamity!

...why is that sad?

Chris Ingersoll:

Jumwa:

Yeah this is a pretty crucial fact here.

That... sucks. Been wanting the HD version of Monster Hunter 3, but I'd probably not play it enough to warrant a purchase.

RJ 17:

That said, however...

No. It isn't sad at all. With Sony's Instant Game collection and Microsoft's Games for Gold program, Nintendo needs to do something similar to make fans happy and attract new people. This isn't the first time, and it won't be the last.

I NEED to know if this is legit. As far as I've seen it's been only 4 games. This is the first I've heard of 10. Please please please let this be true.

24:50 minute mark is where the bonus game info starts for those of us who don't want to wade through the whole thing.

I'm still going to wait for a few years for when the WiiU price has dropped and all these games are a steal. But this is a good promotion. I hope it helps them out a bit.

The bonus also seems to apply if you buy a Mario Kart 8 Wii U Deluxe 32MB package.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/mario-kart-8-wii-u-deluxe-32gb-console/114510

This North American version give you one of the four as a download. Not sure on the UK version.

I really wish the ten game offer was in the US, I have three of the four games being offered, and I don't have much interest in Wii Party U. If I had a choice between the ten, it would probably be Monster Hunter since I've been meaning to try the series out for a while now.

Zelgon:

I NEED to know if this is legit. As far as I've seen it's been only 4 games. This is the first I've heard of 10. Please please please let this be true.

The choice of ten games is in the EU.

NA only gets a choice of four, for whatever reason.

Anyway, probably going to pick Monster Hunter. Was waiting for it to drop in price, and free is a damn good price =P

Conveniently omitting how the 10 games offer is EU only, and other regions have different games available. Never hcange, Escapist.

Triforceformer:
Conveniently omitting how the 10 games offer is EU only, and other regions have different games available. Never hcange, Escapist.

*conveniently* omitting indeed. You've caught on to their clever scheme to.... scheme and stuff.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

Triforceformer:

*conveniently* omitting indeed. You've caught on to their clever scheme to.... scheme and stuff.

They're always conniving and scheming, sometimes they do both! I call that, scheniving.

On topic, cool until I read that once again NA gets the shaft for this game, I'm about ready to say screw it and NOT buy a Mario Kart game.(Which so far has been consistently a system seller for me since Mario Kart 64.)

Captcha: Lizard Poisons Spock, oh my.

Yay, Europe doesn't get screwed...but then the NA region does. I will always wonder, why is it that all regions can't be treated equally without screwing over another region? Always seems to be the case for gaming, one region is rewarded, the other two are screwed.

OT: Well, now to decide what game I want for free...looks like it's gonna be NSMBWU seeing as I bought Wind Waker HD at launch (one of the last games I preordered), and I bought Pikmin 3 already. So by process of elimination, I'm getting NSMBWU. Why not Wii Party U, because I want games I can possibly play by myself. If MH3U was available then I might have gotten that.

Dragonbums:

Go for Pikmin 3. As much as I love W101, Pikmin 3 is better both visually and gameplay wise. Plus Wonderful 101 has gone down in price quite a bit, so you can get it for really cheap. Meanwhile, Pikmin 3 is still about $50.

Neronium:
Yay, Europe doesn't get screwed...but then the NA region does. I will always wonder, why is it that all regions can't be treated equally without screwing over another region? Always seems to be the case for gaming, one region is rewarded, the other two are screwed.

OT: Well, now to decide what game I want for free...looks like it's gonna be NSMBWU seeing as I bought Wind Waker HD at launch (one of the last games I preordered), and I bought Pikmin 3 already. So by process of elimination, I'm getting NSMBWU. Why not Wii Party U, because I want games I can possibly play by myself. If MH3U was available then I might have gotten that.

Dragonbums:

Go for Pikmin 3. As much as I love W101, Pikmin 3 is better both visually and gameplay wise. Plus Wonderful 101 has gone down in price quite a bit, so you can get it for really cheap. Meanwhile, Pikmin 3 is still about $50.

I also just noticed that the 10 games list is for Europe only? So I guess it wouldn't matter seeing as how Pikmin 3 is the only choice anyway. My friends will be happy as hell though. They've been doing a rerun of Pikmin 2 and have tried to get me to play the game.

Being part of the US, I'm limited to four but it's still a pretty great deal. I'll likely end up downloading Wii Party U since Super Luigi U isn't on offer and I'm not European enough to get a free digital copy of Sonic Lost Worlds.

Dragonbums:

Neronium:

Dragonbums:

I also just noticed that the 10 games list is for Europe only? So I guess it wouldn't matter seeing as how Pikmin 3 is the only choice anyway. My friends will be happy as hell though. They've been doing a rerun of Pikmin 2 and have tried to get me to play the game.

Pikmin 3 is really good, you will not be disappointed. Although it does have the strange honor of having my absolute most petty criticism of a game ever. See, there is juice in the game. There is even a really pretty juice pouring animation. I really wish the juice had more colors. For some reason this is important to me. I even put it on the "other" section of the feedback survey Nintendo asks you to do.

OT: So good. I really want to get WW HD and I was already going to buy Mario Kart 8, so free game!

Finally a deal that the EU has that doesn't involve them getting screwed for once.
I'm torn between grabbing Monster hunter, LOZ, Sonic and SMB.

I think when the time comes I'm going to dice roll for it, any of them are my kind of jam really.

Meh, still not buying a WiiU for a prettier version of Mario Kart 7. Hopefully the next iteration will actually add a new mechanic rather than just change the orientation of the track in some places

Captcha: lollerskates

truckspond:
Meh, still not buying a WiiU for a prettier version of Mario Kart 7. Hopefully the next iteration will actually add a new mechanic rather than just change the orientation of the track in some places

Captcha: lollerskates

Really? I don't think any single part of that is true, you can tell it's not just by watching any of the trailers dating back to the first reveal. Without getting too detailed, the anti-grav is a new mechanic for Mario Kart, and this is also the first time you can stop a blue shell from hitting you, which significantly changes the game by itself.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here