Google Shopping Express Brings Same-Day Delivery to Los Angeles, NYC

Google Shopping Express Brings Same-Day Delivery to Los Angeles, NYC

Google Shopping Express NYC 310x

Already available in San Francisco, Google's same-day delivery service expands to two new markets.

Google is expanding its Shopping Express service outside San Francisco today, announcing New York City and Los Angeles as the next two cities to get the same-day delivery service.

Interested parties in Manhattan, and West Los Angeles (including Culver City, Inglewood, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, Venice, and Westwood) can try the service starting today. Google will even give you $10 to spend on orders. Google will be expanding to other parts of NYC and LA in the coming months.

The Express service comes with a six-month free trial, after which there will be fee of $4.99 per order.

Google Shopping Express users can order goods from the likes of Target, Costco, Staples, Guitar Center, and even Toys"R"Us. Android and iOS apps for the service are available as well, and drop-off happens via a delivery window-style system.

Readers in LA and NYC: Give the service a go, and let us know what you think on the forums!

Useless! Wake me when it's available to my town. Sometimes when I read these kind of articles for new services I feel like I'm being punished for not being a hipster living in the middle of a major city like San Fran or NYC. The irony is if you live outside of a city sometimes you need these kind of services even more.

Am I the only one that is getting very worried about just how much Google is getting involved in?

Greeeeeeeat, now fat people can order food while having even less exercise. Its only years away that people become blobs that never leave our computer terminal/bed/workspace/cubicle and food and other necessities are simply delivered into our waiting mouths... seriously, be less lazy people.!

Nowhere Man:
Useless! Wake me when it's available to my town. Sometimes when I read these kind of articles for new services I feel like I'm being punished for not being a hipster living in the middle of a major city like San Fran or NYC. The irony is if you live outside of a city sometimes you need these kind of services even more.

Hipsters can't afford San Francisco. Not our hipsters anyway, trust me. They're all up in Seattle and Portland.

Those mooks.

OT:
Nice, although I don't live near enough to try it. Maybe I'll go to the city and order to random hotels.

HMMMMMMMMM.

Nicholas Chandler-Yates:
Greeeeeeeat, now fat people can order food while having even less exercise. Its only years away that people become blobs that never leave our computer terminal/bed/workspace/cubicle and food and other necessities are simply delivered into our waiting mouths... seriously, be less lazy people.!

Getting groceries in the city is not a fun experience, especially in ones like SF or LA. You get in the car, you spend 20 minutes trying to get to the grocery store, and then do the same trip back. Trust me, the physical effort of getting into a car and sitting in traffic raising your blood pressure is no more healthy than sitting peacefully at home and paying a couple bucks extra. I'd argue this could actually improve health assuming people buy actual food :P

Also, if you live in SF and walk everywhere (like a sane human being), you probably get enough of a workout. (Hills OP)

DeepComet5581:
Am I the only one that is getting very worried about just how much Google is getting involved in?

No, it's actually quite weird. They do have a very good public image, though. It's why no one's really raising questions too much I'm assuming.

Nicholas Chandler-Yates:

i go to a shop once a week and carry my food on foot from there. during that week i make my own dishes at home, so i dont have to constantly walk around. if i could order that 1 trip per week it would hardly make me more lazy. i workout far more than that one trip would give me anyway.
I would love to always know what i do and dont have in the fridge though. now i got to make lists every time i use up something.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here