Sony Wants Your Suggestions to Improve PlayStation 4

Sony Wants Your Suggestions to Improve PlayStation 4

ps4 vita 350

Do you know how to make your PS4 or Vita better? Sony wants to hear about it.
There is now a place for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita owners to voice their ideas on how to make their systems better. Users can make suggestions for improving their gaming experiences on the PlayStation blog, as well as vote and comment of the ideas of other users. The site mainly functions as a way to formally gather the wishes of community and Sony isn't making promises to fulfill any of the requests, no matter how popular.

According to Sony, all submissions are reviewed in order to discard repeat, similar, or unrealistic suggestions. Users can only submit one idea per week, so there are only 92 ideas posted at this time. The site includes a leaderboard for the users whose propositions receive the most votes and other tools for browsing suggestions. Sony also stresses that Share is not a list of goals to achieve, but functions as a "reference point that helps internal SCEA employees survey interest and trends."

PlayStation.Blog Share isn't a new feature for Sony; a similar system was in place for the PS3 and PSP. After gathering suggestions for four years on those platforms, only the PS4 and Vita are open for discussion. If you are interested in viewing the suggestions for the older hardware, the archived submissions are still available to read.

Some of the most popular suggestions at the time of this post are the ability to change usernames (something Xbox owners have had for some time) and to remove games from a user's Trophy history. What do you think would make a great addition to Sony's platforms? What needs to be changed?

Source: PlayStation.Blog Share

The big one for me right now is speeding up the chat party creation process. It's not infuriatingly long, but I would definitely appreciate a quicker method than going through several screens of confirmation.

Backwards compatibility or emulation for my massive PS1 and PS2 library would be a great start. That's truly what I want most.

Somehow allowing external harddrives would also be appreciated as that 500 GB starts to fill up FAST...

Trishbot:
Backwards compatibility or emulation for my massive PS1 and PS2 library would be a great start. That's truly what I want most.

Somehow allowing external harddrives would also be appreciated as that 500 GB starts to fill up FAST...

Those are my biggest requests right now as well. I'm surprised that they aren't at the top of the votes.

Edit: I looked over and apparently PS2 compatibility hasn't made it through. It must fall under the "unrealistic" category. I can't say I'm surprised.

Backwards compatability, backwards compatibility and backwards compatibility.

The ability to stream games from PS4 to Vita on the go. Unlikely but if they found a way that would be awesome.
Also:
Changing username
More goodies for us UK players (PS Now, larger slection of PS1/2 titles)
View trophies without having to come out of the game and wait for sync

I love my PS4 but there are a few little quirks which I liked about my 360. I am sure Sony will fix them so won't mention them all but things like party chat and such should be more user friendly.

Dear Sony.

Please get somebody to make a decent GTA clone, or better yet sweet talk Rockstar into doing it, for the Vita.
I will then happily buy one, because seriously, I love having a decent GTA like game on a portable device.

If you can then convince Polyphony to make a version of Gran Turismo for the Vita, I will be even more happy.

Regards
Somebody who really really wants a vita, but can't justify it when there's no games he wants for the fornicating thing.

How are the Memory Card insane prices not in there at least once? It's still over $2/GB in a world where I can get a multiple TB drive for under $100 and any other Memory Card for around $.50/GB without even doing anything more than a quick Amazon search? A 400% markup is not acceptable. Heck, even a 64GB Micro stick is under $40 but a Vita is nearly $120. That's three times the cost. In what world is limiting our ability to store games going to make the company more money when we can't hold more than a couple games on the standard card, if even two.

Well these are x86 machines made with pretty close to stock PC parts are they not? Why not open up these platforms a little bit.

External Storage.
Linux support.
Some kind of limited user level developer mode support.
Greater support for mods and community content.

Being able to stream my PS vita games on to the TV thru the PS4. It already works PS4 to Vita via remote play so it shouldnt be too hard to make it function both ways.

I asked for automatic HDCP switching... though in hindsight, I don't care about that since I don't capture my PS4. I should've asked for voice controls for blu-ray player.

P.S. Thanks

For the Vita-
Stop with the overly expensive propreitary memory crap. It's way too expensive to do anything, and makes having a Vita useless for digital stuff.
Next up, actually market and make the damn thing worth while to have in North American regions. In NTSC regions, the Vita has limited support on PS1 games, and rarely things get localized. Thank goodness the system isn't region locked, otherwise it'd be utter BS. Hell, in NTSC regions you can't even put the Crash Bandicoot or the Spyro the Dragon games on your Vita, and that's just sad.

For PS4-
Fix the account issue with allowing people to make their accounts master accounts. Seriously Sony, you do realize that many people who made their accounts back with the PS3 are old enough to buy their own stuff and shouldn't need to have a master account for something else in order to add money to it, etc.
And the ability for backwards compatibility with at least PS1 games would be nice, for PS2 it's hit or miss, but it isn't "unrealistic" as you put it Sony.

Covarr:
I asked for automatic HDCP switching... though in hindsight, I don't care about that since I don't capture my PS4. I should've asked for voice controls for blu-ray player.

P.S. Thanks

They already did the HDCP switching, so you can record your PS4 now with capture cards. The update was in April, because I had to update my Elgato and ArcSoft systems to be able to record PS4. You can switch it in the settings by disabling HDCP encryption on the HDMI port, but it only works for games, which is what I need. Means I can now get a PS4 since it was one of the main reasons I wasn't getting one before. XD

Neronium:

Covarr:

P.S. Thanks

They already did the HDCP switching, so you can record your PS4 now with capture cards. The update was in April, because I had to update my Elgato and ArcSoft systems to be able to record PS4. You can switch it in the settings by disabling HDCP encryption on the HDMI port, but it only works for games, which is what I need. Means I can now get a PS4 since it was one of the main reasons I wasn't getting one before. XD

Key word in my post: automatic. Ideally, it should be auto-enabled for Netflix, Blu-Ray movies, etc. and disabled for games. Having to change a setting constantly like that is a pain.

P.S. Thanks

People have been asking for this stuff for years though. Change names and deleting trophies are things that have been asked for since PSNs inception (I would probably add making the store not suck in there as well). Sorting out the situation with memory cars has been asked for since the Vita's launch. External hard drives, or at least something to remedy the fact that 500GB is nowhere near enough, was asked for since the PS4s specs were announced.

This stuff has been constantly asked for by gamers and journos/Youtubers and there's no way they haven't heard all this before.

Get rid of that 50$ price hike you did which made it cheaper to buy an Xbox One here in Canada. Now that they're set to release an Xbone without the Kinect added on, the price gap goes from "almost nothing but just slightly in Microsoft's favor" to "completely in Microsoft's favor".

JimmyPage666:
or at least something to remedy the fact that 500GB is nowhere near enough, was asked for since the PS4s specs were announced.

While adding external hard drive support would be nice, Sony has something to remedy the fact that 500 GB isn't enough on the PS4, and that's the ability to easily change the HDD to anything you want because all the PS4 uses is a 2.5" SATA II HDD. It's really easy to do, and you could do it with the PS3 as well.
I'm not saying that external HDD support wouldn't be more convenient, I'd quite like it as well, but I say that the ability to change the internal HDD to a larger size or even an SSD is still good to do.

The ability to upgrade the hardware would be nice

A Youtube app. That would be peachy, thanks.

someone suggest they bring free online back, i dont have a playstation ID

Get better games for it. Seriously Sony, Microsoft's going to catch up and stab you in the back if you don't pick it up here.

Neronium:
For the Vita-
Stop with the overly expensive propreitary memory crap. It's way too expensive to do anything, and makes having a Vita useless for digital stuff.
Next up, actually market and make the damn thing worth while to have in North American regions. In NTSC regions, the Vita has limited support on PS1 games, and rarely things get localized. Thank goodness the system isn't region locked, otherwise it'd be utter BS. Hell, in NTSC regions you can't even put the Crash Bandicoot or the Spyro the Dragon games on your Vita, and that's just sad.

For PS4-
Fix the account issue with allowing people to make their accounts master accounts. Seriously Sony, you do realize that many people who made their accounts back with the PS3 are old enough to buy their own stuff and shouldn't need to have a master account for something else in order to add money to it, etc.
And the ability for backwards compatibility with at least PS1 games would be nice, for PS2 it's hit or miss, but it isn't "unrealistic" as you put it Sony.

Vita= Amen. I'd like to have 3 games on a single memory card. How about getting the PSP remake of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment or put Dragon Quest 8 on PSN. I'd love to have that on my Vita!

Sequel to Legend Of Dragoon

New & massive Crash Bandicoot game, maybe number of levels that would rival say Super Mario World [72 stages] but not so much effort on graphics since even top of the line ps3 would be good enough

Exclusive SONY game thats Action/RPG in the vein of Fallout/Elder Scrolls though something in the range of 20-40 hours

Re-release every classic PS1 game including the never brought to US games and charge less than $5

Re-release every classic PS2 game including the never brought to US games and charge less than $10

Also any unreleased arcade games Sony can get licenses for.

Have Monthly sales on games that didnt sell well the first time and have those games revolve around a theme for instance:
First week of; January-Strategy, February-Fighting, March-shooters, April-puzzle games, May-Sports, June- WRPGs, July-JRPGs, Aug-Driving, Sep-Music, Oct-Survival horror, Nov-Platform, Dec-Action

One thing.....USB HDD/Pen drive support. The PS3 became my primary entertainment device, and for some reason it still is. (Minus Netflix and PS4 titles of course).

Full BWC is about the only way to get me to buy a PS4 or 360. Hell put some money into emulation and sell it on the PC, New aint worth losing everything old or you having to rebuy everything....

Hey Sony how about a freaking "pause download" button already?

Oh and the ability to be able to upgrade sub-accounts to normal accounts so I don't have to keep going through my step-dad's account to buy things with my money that I now earn at my job because I'm now an adult and for some reason it seems your account systems didn't think this would be a thing to happen so now the only way to buy things with my own money on my own is to abandon my 7(!) year account full of friends and purchases and make a new master account of my own.

Fucking insane.

I only have Vita suggestions. How about cheaper memory cards (Bandwagon jumping, I don't really give a toss, but it would be cool to see) and better older games on the PSN. I have searched your entire library of all games available on the Vita PSN in Canada and have reached the limit of what I want, stuck on new releases. Get some new stuff on there, I don't care from what system it came from

PS4 - Backwards Compatibility, Free Roaming/Open Galaxy Colony Wars reboot

PSV - More exclusives, the use of any memory card instead of Sony or nothing

That's all I've got at the moment. Keep them region free and I will continue wanting and, wanting-to-want those devices.

Better controllers. I already have multiple buttons sticking and I don't even use it everyday.

Make the online free and I will buy one tomorrow. Release more games for the Vita and stop the proprietary memory cards.

Stop with the fucking gimmicks in the controllers.
Stop with your hopeless fascination with sharing online.
Stop trying to be Microsoft.
Stop your fucking DRM practices.
Stop with your proprietary hardware nonsense you dicks.
Anything online should be free you assholes, people are already paying for an Internet connection and your stupid box so stop fucking around and let them enjoy it already!

Make friends with Microsoft and Nintendo and get them to agree that exclusive games are fucking terrible for everyone involved especially us gamers and work towards stopping this idiotic practice. Also work with them to set some sort of universal console standard for the next gen (if there's even going to be one seeing as how fucked up the last two have been), so that anyone can manufacture a console to spec and games will be universally playable and traded.

You wouldn't need backwards compatibility if you simply make a very cheap box that could play older games. You're fucking sony, hardware is what you assholes do, get your damn head in the game already. Combine that with cheaper older games sold online or in collectors editions. Or make one machine that can play your whole library. Even if its for no other reason then to keep the old stuff alive for history purposes, this is your legacy man, are you just gonna let it waste away?

Release games for the vita for fucks sake.

There's probably also a billion little fuck ups on the software side but I don't own any console so I luckily can't subject myself to that side of your idiocy. And as long as shit like the above mentioned problems persist I never will. I'm so glad to have a PC an not have to deal with your bullshit, having to deal with Microsoft's bullshit is enough of a pain as is.

One of two things: MAKE IT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH PS3, PS2 AND PS1. Or RELEASE SOME DAMN GAMES FOR IT. And DON'T fucking release games that already came out and charge full fucking price for them again, I don't fucking CARE if you call them "Definitive". If it's a fucking port of an older game, it should be priced as much dammit. $60 for Black Flag and Tomb Raider is fucking greedy and you know it.

AND PUSH THE VITA HARDER AND STOP MAKING THE MEMORY FOR IT COST A SMALL FORTUNE!

EDIT: Oh, and make it so that you can install games directly on the Vita instead of NEEDING a PS4/PS3 as a bridge. And you don't need double the HD space to actually download and install a game. Microsoft doesn't pull that shit, why do you? How many people are gonna have 100gb on average for a single game nowadays?

Well, I added a request for cheaper or non-proprietary memory cards for the Vita so we'd have a place to actually download games. But it seems to have been passed over.

Vie:
Dear Sony.

Please get somebody to make a decent GTA clone, or better yet sweet talk Rockstar into doing it, for the Vita.
I will then happily buy one, because seriously, I love having a decent GTA like game on a portable device.

If you can then convince Polyphony to make a version of Gran Turismo for the Vita, I will be even more happy.

Regards
Somebody who really really wants a vita, but can't justify it when there's no games he wants for the fornicating thing.

I am pretty sure a GTA II clone exists for PSN and steam. I think it was called retro city rampage. Its okay if you are accustomed to GTA II. It could be possible on Vita.

But I don't exactly go around checking compatibility for devices I don't have. Its on PSN though. Most likely for Vita.

Does that count?

EDIT: yup, on Vita.

Lokoloshe:
Being able to stream my PS vita games on to the TV thru the PS4. It already works PS4 to Vita via remote play so it shouldnt be too hard to make it function both ways.

Y'know, just the other day I was wondering wether that (streaming to the "big screen") was possible.
It would be a nice (but not necessarily super useful/relevant) thing to have, indeed!

All I want is Gravity Rush 2 for the Vita. 'Cos right now, the trailers seem to suggest that it will be PS4 only.

And that would be retarded.

But also, cheaper and "bigger" memory cards and new games (best with a physical release), obviously.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here